GDT Sabres at Rangers 7PM 3-2-21

spndnchz

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

I long for the day this attitude is out of hockey. 

There’s a reason why it doesn’t exist in any other professional sports league in the world.

I get this, and agree, but it is part of hockey and people are literally pushing around our young star. 

Really the league should deal deal with it, but they just let punks go after players. 

Just now, SDS said:

So, it was just a fact free insult when you said it? 

Which part was an insult? 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Cozens, the 20 year old kid needs more rest than the slow 33 year old Okposo... well that's *****.

Krueger has nothing on skinner and just doesn't like him. I would guess because at some point Skinner disagreed with him and Krueger didn't like it. It isn't help Jeff Skinner get anywhere. 

There is clearly a 4th line and Ralph can kiss my ass if he thinks his gaslighting will convince me otherwise. Jeff is getting tons of defensive zone starts with minimal ice time and yet I am supposed to believe this is helping him and the D pairings thing is garbage. 

Great you realized the best player on the team is frustrated... and apology with change is manipulation which is exactly what this is. 

Games are not close. More gaslighting. They lost the last two games they played by 3 goals each and 6 total. Goal tending might not be the biggest problem but it is a problem. Who cares if Hutton is a leader? It is irrelevant. 

He does need to find ways but again this is him acknowledging the problem because he heard ppl saying it and thinks this will placate them while offering no actual change. It is manipulation and quite subtle. "Yes you are right we need to change this problem and we are going to look at that and move forward and get going." Sure you are, I could insert that fake sentence into a Krueger interview anywhere for anything and it is just manipulating the audience to make them feel like they were heard. 

Ive never looked at it like that before  Skinner is in Buffalo for 6 more years.   you need to find a coach who can work with him   

Im on board, time to fire Ralph

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

If history is a guide, Sam Reinhart is due for a big game, before disappearing again for a stretch of 3-4 games.  

For the past few years, any time the Sabres have actually been performing well and controlling play, Sam Reinhart has been the oil that allowed the machine to function.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

When a Ranger player starts punking Dahlin around will any Sabre do anything about it?

Or will Dahlin decide to do something himself?   

Gil Perreault was not a fighter but as a rookie he got hit from behind and he turned around he broke Dan Maloney’s shnoz.  I think it was his first penalty too.  

Dahlin needs to stand up for himself.  The time is now.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I long for the day this attitude is out of hockey. 

There’s a reason why it doesn’t exist in any other professional sports league in the world.

No?   NBA, MLB, and NFL all had fights last year.  Worse than you see in today’s NHL.  

Bills Chiefs game.  Allen throws a ball at a guy after a late hit.  Dawkins was throwing punches, so was Feliciano.  

Hockey is a game where you will get taken advantage of if you let it. The Lightning added some muscle last year and they won a Cup.  You cannot win a 7 game series if your intimidated.  

Edited by Pimlach

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Hockey is a game where you will get taken advantage of if you let it. The Lightning added some muscle last year and they won a Cup.  You cannot win a 7 game series if your intimidated.  

100% this.  What happened the year before for Tampa. . . . .

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

No one in the current lineup will satisfy what you are looking for.  Buffalo loved Patty Kaleta but he couldn’t play a lick of hockey.  Dalton Smith is same. Call him up again.  What is there to lose?  Buffalo is a bloodthirsty town.  Give em what they want.  Clearly good hockey is nowhere near the horizon. 

As I've aged I really do appreciate the finer skill play of hockey. With that said, ya, born and raised in the north towns, it is still nice to see blood and teeth on the ice, swollen knuckles, broken hands and bloodied helmets. What can I say? Your right, entertain me I say, entertain me. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Cozens, the 20 year old kid needs more rest than the slow 33 year old Okposo... well that's *****.

Krueger has nothing on skinner and just doesn't like him. I would guess because at some point Skinner disagreed with him and Krueger didn't like it. It isn't help Jeff Skinner get anywhere. 

There is clearly a 4th line and Ralph can kiss my ass if he thinks his gaslighting will convince me otherwise. Jeff is getting tons of defensive zone starts with minimal ice time and yet I am supposed to believe this is helping him and the D pairings thing is garbage. 

Great you realized the best player on the team is frustrated... and apology with change is manipulation which is exactly what this is. 

Games are not close. More gaslighting. They lost the last two games they played by 3 goals each and 6 total. Goal tending might not be the biggest problem but it is a problem. Who cares if Hutton is a leader? It is irrelevant. 

He does need to find ways but again this is him acknowledging the problem because he heard ppl saying it and thinks this will placate them while offering no actual change. It is manipulation and quite subtle. "Yes you are right we need to change this problem and we are going to look at that and move forward and get going." Sure you are, I could insert that fake sentence into a Krueger interview anywhere for anything and it is just manipulating the audience to make them feel like they were heard. 

Stupid decision by RK.  Cozens needs to play every game unless he's hurt.  Okposo should be the one sitting out.  I would say the same for Bryson vs. Irwin.  Nothing to lose by letting the young guys plays with some speed and more enthusiasm.   His strategy with Skinner is a multi-season failure.

42 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

For the past few years, any time the Sabres have actually been performing well and controlling play, Sam Reinhart has been the oil that allowed the machine to function.

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

24 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Gil Perreault was not a fighter but as a rookie he got hit from behind and he turned around he broke Dan Maloney’s shnoz.  I think it was his first penalty too.  

I know the story about Gilbert, but Dahlin ain’t Gilbert. When Dahlin gets his Shnoz broken how long will it take for teams to keep doing that? A team needs to protect its assets. All the teams are punking the kid and no one does anything. 

Probably see the Ranger team picking on that individual player tonight as the rest of the herd looks on. 

4 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Hockey is an emotional game, if a fight breaks out now it's no different than any other sport. It's not like we have side show fights, line brawls and bench clearers now.

If only we did!

53 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I would think the odds of pigs flying around the arena tonight and showering the ice with fresh cut daisies are greater than Dahlin getting in a fight.

But then he did make the reference to fighting in the last post-game interview!  It surprised me! 

I'd love to see someone on this roster do something physical to let us know they care.

Don't hold your breath.

The instigators dedicated a full hour to that discussion today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.