Dynamic between RK and KA?

erickompositör72

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Ok guys.  Aim your flame throwers at good old Punch and tell me to put down that nice crystal tumbler of single malt scotch.  

I can see Jim Rutherford coming in as GM and running the hockey side of the business.   If he comes in during this season you might see Adams finishing the season as head coach.  More likely, you see Rutherford come in as the GM after the season, Adams moves up to the Exec level, and Rutherford hires a head coach to report to him.    

I’m on board for it.  You can question a couple of his recent moves, but he has over 25 years of GM experience.  Instant credibility.  

I know everyone has been floating this theory around that RK would become president of hockey operations, or some equivalent, but I cannot imagine the Pegulas basically supplanting themselves like that.

Does/did anyone actually think there is/was any realistic chance of that? Theoretically even, before this current disaster of a season?

4 hours ago, Curt said:

I’m on board for it.  You can question a couple of his recent moves, but he has over 25 years of GM experience.  Instant credibility.  

We need to brake away from first time GMs and coaches. 

All I want right now is someone proven to get us out of the basement.  Stop the losing and  stop the passive play that this team is known for.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, erickompositör72 said:

I know everyone has been floating this theory around that RK would become president of hockey operations, or some equivalent, but I cannot imagine the Pegulas basically supplanting themselves like that.

Does/did anyone actually think there is/was any realistic chance of that? Theoretically even, before this current disaster of a season?

I think there was a realistic expectation of Ralph moving upstairs. Emphasis on past tense.  The longer that the team looks completely ineffective, the less likely an upstairs move is viable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I think there was a realistic expectation of Ralph moving upstairs. Emphasis on past tense.  The longer that the team looks completely ineffective, the less likely an upstairs move is viable.

Agree.  If I owned this team RK would be gone.  Adams would be someone I would retain most likely in the front office, there would be a new experienced GM (like Rutherford) somewhere in the organization responsible for the roster and the coaches.   They would be holding interviews with experienced coaches.  No more newbies. I will be looking for sensible  roster turnover to rid this team of overpaid softies and I would stress adding size and toughness.  I would want a team like Boston, St Louis and Washington - skilled, but big and tough -  a team that can win in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agree.  If I owned this team RK would be gone.  Adams would be someone I would retain most likely in the front office, there would be a new experienced GM (like Rutherford) somewhere in the organization responsible for the roster and the coaches.   They would be holding interviews with experienced coaches.  No more newbies. I will be looking for sensible  roster turnover to rid this team of overpaid softies and I would stress adding size and toughness.  I would want a team like Boston, St Louis and Washington - skilled, but big and tough -  a team that can win in the playoffs.  

Works for me!  If somehow this happened and if those new players showed up and gave an honest effort each game, this fan base would support them....win, lose or draw.  Buffalo fans want a cup, but short of that the fans will still embrace a team that plays hard and supports each other.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/1/2021 at 5:53 PM, Curt said:

I agree that KA probably can’t fire RK.  It seems like they have pretty equal standing within the organization.  But, if KA feels it’s just not working out, he can probably talk to the Pegulas to encourage them to go in the direction of making a change.

I believe that is the case too (at least originally) and I hope that is what GMKA steps up and does next. He did not choose HCRK, he inherited him - albeit with ownership defacto making Kruger a part of the deal in promoting Adams as GM.  But now that Adams has had some time in the saddle, he needs to put his big boy GM pants on and state the obvious to the Pegulas - making the call that Ralphie must go.  

13 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Nah. Forget all that. Just trade Jack, then we'll have our synergy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.