Pegulas Subleasing 716 To Southern Tier Brewing/Draft Room to Re-Open as well

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Have you watched it? I don’t have high hopes for it...

Not yet.  Maybe next week.  Wanted my youngest to catch the original so we could watch as a family.  I too have low expectations but I’ve heard a few good reviews.  I cannot recall a sequel made 20+ years later that was really good.  Saw Eddie do an interview and he was really happy with the script, and casting.  New additions like Lesley Jones and Wesley Snipes are supposed to be good. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

So - a taproom. That seems to imply that they'll brew on-site (?).

Actually almost assuredly they will not brew on site.  They would call it a Brewpub if they did.  The licensing they need actually changes if they don't brew on site.  It makes it a wiser choice in being able to offer a full bar as well.  They can (and will) still dominate the tap handles though I am sure of that.  They also have their own spirits so I would expect to see those featured as well.

47 minutes ago, LTS said:

Actually almost assuredly they will not brew on site.  They would call it a Brewpub if they did.  The licensing they need actually changes if they don't brew on site.  It makes it a wiser choice in being able to offer a full bar as well.  They can (and will) still dominate the tap handles though I am sure of that.  They also have their own spirits so I would expect to see those featured as well.

It would make sense that they won't brew on-site -- that they'll have a retail establishment without brewing, like the ones @inkman has seen brewers use in/around Roch.

I do wonder what kind of licensure they'll be looking for. Some sort of extension of what I presume is their farm brewery license.

Which in turn prompts me to ask: How are they gonna offer a full bar in that space? That could be a sticky wicket for them. I realize that they could offer their own spirits (as well as other NYS-made spirits, I think), but the masses are going to want to order what they're accustomed to ordering.

On 3/2/2021 at 10:14 AM, PASabreFan said:

This would suggest very wealthy people buy hockey teams to make money year over year. What has happened to the value of the Sabres franchise since Terry bought it?

What exactly in the chart suggests this?

I think wealthy people do not buy hockey teams to make money.  

• 4 months later...

Looks like this has at the very least been put on hold...

https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2021/07/21/ellicottville-brewing-labatt-brew-house-buffalo.html

For those who aren't subscribers or can't read any free articles there.....Plans to take over the 716 restaurant have been put 'on hold'.

I haven't seen anyone else reporting the story yet, but i'm sure that we'll get more information on this once other sites/news picks up on it.

Edited by mjd1001

On 7/21/2021 at 11:11 AM, mjd1001 said:

Looks like this has at the very least been put on hold...

https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2021/07/21/ellicottville-brewing-labatt-brew-house-buffalo.html

For those who aren't subscribers or can't read any free articles there.....Plans to take over the 716 restaurant have been put 'on hold'.

I haven't seen anyone else reporting the story yet, but i'm sure that we'll get more information on this once other sites/news picks up on it.

It was the draft room that was put on hold. Southern Tier Brewing (716) is hoping to open by September, maybe even August.

Edited by tom webster

• 4 weeks later...
  • Brawndo changed the title to Pegulas Subleasing 716 To Southern Tier Brewing/Draft Room to Re-Open as well
54 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Really neat spot.  Cafeteria level food though - wings were on-par with little caesers.  And the table and ordering system was insanely confusing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.