2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Nope, It was well known that Allen was their target. 

Definitely wouldn’t go this far - Albright was the only one who was damn sure of it.

also: The Cardinals were definitely the ones who leaked the tweets with the n-word because they wanted him BAD.

Good article in the Athletic about Beane and who he might draft and why.  The author's mock has us getting Samuel (CB) in the 1st, Ojelari (Edge) in the 2nd and moving up in the 3rd to get Myers (G/C).  If this is how this goes, we will have to bow at the greatness of Beane.  

The story talks about how Beane focused on future needs and present depth and then uses the best available.  He'll move up or down depending on his list and how many players in a particular tier remain.  

Our long-term needs (and I agree) according to the author are CB (need an upgrade on Wallace), Edge Rusher (only 1 signed beyond this season), and G/C (Morse can be released after this season at a huge cap savings).  

• Like (+1) 1

There are other players who I want as much or more but I would be ecstatic if we ended up staying at 30 and landing one of Etienne or Harris. One part because as a fan it’s selfishly more entertaining when you have elite players at skill positions ... but I also think the hate on running backs is overdone. It’s an important position. It can shape your entire offense if you have a dynamic back who can play in all aspects of the game.

From my perspective not having a good back killed us in that KC game (as well as having zero pass blocking and zero pass rush). This is Josh’s “sophomore season” (first time teams will have good tape on him). You want to avoid that slump and a good way to do that is to provide insurance in the way of an upgrade at RB or TE (latter doesn’t have any options tonight).

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

There are other players who I want as much or more but I would be ecstatic if we ended up staying at 30 and landing one of Etienne or Harris. One part because as a fan it’s selfishly more entertaining when you have elite players at skill positions ... but I also think the hate on running backs is overdone. It’s an important position. It can shape your entire offense if you have a dynamic back who can play in all aspects of the game.

From my perspective not having a good back killed us in that KC game (as well as having zero pass blocking and zero pass rush). This is Josh’s “sophomore season” (first time teams will have good tape on him). You want to avoid that slump and a good way to do that is to provide insurance in the way of an upgrade at RB or TE (latter doesn’t have any options tonight).

Hard to have a good running back when you have some of the worst run blocking in the league.  Singletary had 2.88 rushing yards after contact, which was 3rd best in the league.  He also had 1.52 yards before contact, 5th worst in the league.  Moss was 13th best and 8th worst in those same metrics.  Tell me you can look at those numbers and think it's not a run blocking problem.

2 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Hard to have a good running back when you have some of the worst run blocking in the league.  Singletary had 2.88 rushing yards after contact, which was 3rd best in the league.  He also had 1.52 yards before contact, 5th worst in the league.  Moss was 13th best and 8th worst in those same metrics.  Tell me you can look at those numbers and think it's not a run blocking problem.

There’s definitely a run blocking problem but I do think you can upgrade from both of those guys. Singletary will take a good amount of work to get back on my good side after that drop in the KC game.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

There’s definitely a run blocking problem but I do think you can upgrade from both of those guys. Singletary will take a good amount of work to get back on my good side after that drop in the KC game.

I agree, I just don't think we really know how good or bad they are.

If we took Etienne at 30, I wouldn't say I'm thrilled, but I can see it.  RB is one of those spots where you can get an immediate impact from a rookie.  I would, however, be upset if we traded up for a RB.

For the record, the Bills lost to KC because KC had better QB play and better coaching, and I say that as a big fan of both McD and JA.

Having said that, I would be happy with Etienne if he indeed is a major playmaker.  Would also be happy with a DE or OL in the first round and BPA after that.  

15 minutes ago, inkman said:

I the idea behind drafting Etienne is getting another playmaker on the field.  It’s not about a need for RB. 

Etienne in space is going to give defenses fits.

If the Bills pick him I'd be thrilled but I think he might be gone. 

If he and Harris are gone I hope they go BPA but prefer a speed LB or CB

58 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think Mac Jones Kinda sucks 

I've seen this guy play a ton and I can say not only that he doesn't suck, but NE may have gotten the steal of the 1st rd.  G-d I loath the Pats.

Now can the guy I want fall to the Bills.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I've seen this guy play a ton and I can say not only that he doesn't suck, but NE may have gotten the steal of the 1st rd.  G-d I loath the Pats.

Now can the guy I want fall to the Bills.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  

He had probably the most talent in a college offense EVER. I’m not worried.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.