2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

30 minutes ago, FogBat said:

Even more than Pete Metzelaars? I thought that would say a lot.

His best year is 609 yards, which is the 4th best by a Bills TE, behind Paul Costa (726 in 1967), David Nelson (658 in 2011), and Scott Chandler (655 in 2013).

Knox is on pace for 835 in a 16-game season, 887 in the new 17-game season. Knox also has 5 TDs already, which is only 1 behind the best by a TE for Buffalo (Chandler in 2011 and 2012, Pete in 1992).

Edited by JujuFish
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

His best year is 609 yards, which is the 4th best by a Bills TE, behind Paul Costa (726 in 1967), David Nelson (658 in 2011), and Scott Chandler (655 in 2013).

Knox is on pace for 835 in a 16-game season, 887 in the new 17-game season. Knox also has 5 TDs already, which is only 1 behind the best by a TE for Buffalo (Chandler in 2011 and 2012, Pete in 1992).

I forgot about the rest of them. Pete stood out to me because he was on those SB teams.

• Like (+1) 1

After tonight the Bills have:

vs Miami (1-5)

@ Jacksonville (1-5)

vs NYJ (1-4)

vs Indianapolis (2-4)

@ New Orleans (3-2)

vs New England (2-4)

@ Tampa Bay (5-1)

vs Carolina (3-3)

@ New England (2-4)

vs Atlanta (2-3)

vs NYJ (1-4)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a schedule that easy. Any given Sunday and all that but a win tonight and this team should be anywhere from 14-3 to 16-1. It’s all about staying healthy and not letting anyone sneak up on you. Tampa is the real deal. Other than that? New Orleans, New England and Indianapolis are all teams that have competed but are inconsistent. Carolina looks terrible these last three weeks.

Let’s win tonight and go into the bye feeling confident we can control the conference.

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

vs Miami (1-5)

@ Jacksonville (1-5)

vs NYJ (1-4)

vs Indianapolis (2-4)

@ New Orleans (3-2)

vs New England (2-4)

@ Tampa Bay (5-1)

vs Carolina (3-3)

@ New England (2-4)

vs Atlanta (2-3)

vs NYJ (1-4)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a schedule that easy. Any given Sunday and all that but a win tonight and this team should be anywhere from 14-3 to 16-1. It’s all about staying healthy and not letting anyone sneak up on you. Tampa is the real deal. Other than that? New Orleans, New England and Indianapolis are all teams that have competed but are inconsistent. Carolina looks terrible these last three weeks.

Let’s win tonight and go into the bye feeling confident we can control the conference.

The Titans have me concerned, especially with Derrick Henry. I watched him play in the 2016 Iron Bowl vs. Auburn. He was just steamrolling over Auburn’s defense like there was no tomorrow.

Then again, Tennessee does not have the benefit of being off for 17 days like they did last year.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

Love the videos of the Bills Mafia takeover of Nashville!

That had to be the least challenging flight the FAA has had to deal with all year.

So glad to see that Luke Russert was raised right. His dad would be proud of him.

Oh, and one of the tangent threads from that #BillsMafia takeover in Nashville was freakin’ hilarious! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, FogBat said:

The Titans have me concerned, especially with Derrick Henry. I watched him play in the 2016 Iron Bowl vs. Auburn. He was just steamrolling over Auburn’s defense like there was no tomorrow.

The Bills have 9 defensive linemen rotating in.  They won't wear down.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FogBat said:

Then again, Tennessee does not have the benefit of being off for 17 days like they did last year.

Derrick Henry, never heard of him

2 hours ago, FogBat said:

Derrick Henry, never heard of him.  😒

D3CE378D-EF42-473A-BE91-8EA805A0F270.gif

Not only did the Titans have additional rest, they also weren’t complete ***** by the NFL changing schedules like 15 times on the Bills or the Bills missing half their good players due to COVID or injury.  I’m looking forward to tonight.  Hopefully, the Bills can set the record straight.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

The Bills have 9 defensive linemen rotating in.  They won't wear down.

Agreed.  This change should impact their running game.  If the Bills don’t have 3 turnovers and shite special teams like 2020 the offense should put up 30. I mean, the Jets hung 27 on them, so there is that.  

^^

Hear, hear to the above.

I know from fantasy football that the Titans D has not been good (they killed me with the Jets!). However, the Titans have had Allen's number, so to speak, in all 3 of the teams' meetings during Allen's young career. Might that continue? Or are the Titans coaches/personnel so different that the past is largely irrelevant?

Go, Bills!

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^^

Hear, hear to the above.

I know from fantasy football that the Titans D has not been good (they killed me with the Jets!). However, the Titans have had Allen's number, so to speak, in all 3 of the teams' meetings during Allen's young career. Might that continue? Or are the Titans coaches/personnel so different that the past is largely irrelevant?

Go, Bills!

Pretty sure Allen is so different that the past is irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, FogBat said:

For the record, Derrick Henry has been mediocre at best against us.

He has played Buffalo each of the last three seasons.

Last year: 19 rushes for 57 yards (3 yards per carry) with 2 touchdowns. 1 catch for 6 yards.

Two years ago: 20 rushes for 78 yards (just under 4 yards per carry) with 1 touchdown.

Three years ago: 11 rushes for 56 yards (just over 5 yards per carry).

He averages 64 yards rushing on 17 carries which is 3.8 yards per carry. Three total touchdowns and one catch.

And he has never played a Buffalo defense this good. Matt Milano and Tre White were both out against Tennessee last year.

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

vs Miami (1-5)

@ Jacksonville (1-5)

vs NYJ (1-4)

vs Indianapolis (2-4)

@ New Orleans (3-2)

vs New England (2-4)

@ Tampa Bay (5-1)

vs Carolina (3-3)

@ New England (2-4)

vs Atlanta (2-3)

vs NYJ (1-4)

Very easy schedule but that might hurt in the long run with zero competition to get playoff ready 

Good stats, @Hoss

There's no sports cliche' that I endorse more than the NFL's "this is a week to week league." I think that it's generally true that each game's outcome depends so, so much on how each team plans and prepares for their opponent in that given week. (Sure, superior personnel play a big role as well.) Sometimes, it just seems that a particular coordinator's plan winds up being a "direct hit" on the plan that the corresponding opposition coordinator comes up with. In-game adjustments can be made, but then you're scrambling to react (far from ideal).

That's a rambling way of saying that I am not sure how much past is prelude in the NFL. The Bills gotta stop D. Henry tonight. The fact that they've stopped him in the past means dip squat.

Also, I am guardedly optimistic that this Buffalo D will come up with a big performance! Go, Bills!!

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.