2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

He only played 1 year... that's not ideal. 

Welp, I know almost nothing about this nfl draft so fingers crossed. 

I've always been weary of one-year wonders but there's so much potential here. It's a guy that played safety/wide receiver in high school but he's now a 6'7 monster off the edge with versatility to move inside.

But I get why there's a lot of angst. The one year. The tape looks like a guy who plays too high and just relies on his size to make plays which simply won't work at the next level.

BUT he had 15.5 sacks in a single year which is a TON. We constantly see that the Bills aren't getting sacks but then you hear "oh but it's okay they get a ton of pressures and move the QB out of the pocket." Okay, cool, but when the QB is Pat Mahomes and he can throw out of the pocket it does nothing for you if you can't finish it and bring him down. On tape you see Rousseau did get a number of sacks because he finished plays being made by other players. If the pocket moves in his direction that's when his size comes into play and he just eats guys alive. So this is EXACTLY the type of player the Bills need. Maybe not the best individual pass rusher but when you're trying to build a line he is the finisher.

50 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Any ideas why Ojulari is being passed on by multiple teams, not just Buffalo? I thought he was the top edge prospect of the draft.

He definitely wasn’t the top edge guy and was never a fit for the Bills (he’s more of a 3-4 OLB). Also, notice how every edge rusher is extremely tall. He’s 6’2 which ain’t short but it ain’t that kind of tall.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

He definitely wasn’t the top edge guy and was never a fit for the Bills (he’s more of a 3-4 OLB). Also, notice how every edge rusher is extremely tall. He’s 6’2 which ain’t short but it ain’t that kind of tall.

6'3" from what I saw but I heard a rumor that there is a knee concern with him. I have no further details. 

I like the Rousseau (sp?) pick.

A few things I heard or read that I like: (1) Huge upside. I like that Beane swings for the fences. I realize that there will be misses (arguably Edmunds has been one, sorta), but it's a good approach. (2) Said to be well-raised by a solid family. That makes him a fit for the Bills #culture. (3) I heard one scout say that he loved how Rousseau can keeps his eyes in the backfield (on the QB) as he works through blocks.

Playing high is a concern. But I feel like that's a technique issue that can be addressed.

18 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I like the Rousseau (sp?) pick.A few things I heard or read that I like: (1) Huge upside. I like that Beane swings for the fences. I realize that there will be misses

We liked that about GMTM too.  Until we didn’t.

I have no opinion on this guy.  Don’t watch college ball outside of UB.

And I generally like the swing for the fences approach.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I heard Rousseau had family in Buffalo and that his mom may have gotten her nursing degree here. I am sure we will learn some of this going forward. Take it with a grain of salt for now. 

I read the same thing - maybe a military assignment for dad? He has a brother who was born in the area.

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Patriots fans have lost their minds. They are talking about Mac Jones being like Brady and that they have the best TE room in the league. 

Well having Jonnu Smith in the room puts their TEs in the mix w/ the best in the league.   But could definitely see Mac Jones being a product of what was around him - the exact opposite of the guy that won the SB this year.

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well having Jonnu Smith in the room puts their TEs in the mix w/ the best in the league.   But could definitely see Mac Jones being a product of what was around him - the exact opposite of the guy that won the SB this year.

4 Alabama offensive players not named Mac Jones went in the first round including 2 WR, OT, and a RB. 3 major weapons Jones had plus a very good OT. Jones reminds me of bigger Peterman. 

Edited by LGR4GM
added Alabama for clarity
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I like the Rousseau (sp?) pick.

A few things I heard or read that I like: (1) Huge upside. I like that Beane swings for the fences. I realize that there will be misses (arguably Edmunds has been one, sorta), but it's a good approach. (2) Said to be well-raised by a solid family. That makes him a fit for the Bills #culture. (3) I heard one scout say that he loved how Rousseau can keeps his eyes in the backfield (on the QB) as he works through blocks.

Playing high is a concern. But I feel like that's a technique issue that can be addressed.

Tremaine Edmunds has been a monster and this fan base is completely lost on their evaluation of him. Very well worth the 16th pick.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Tremaine Edmunds has been a monster and this fan base is completely lost on their evaluation of him. Very well worth the 16th pick.

I’ve watched every play from all of his games.  I almost never see him making a difference.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.