2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

On 1/10/2022 at 11:51 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm debating if I want to get tix to the game Saturday or just watch it at home. I've never been to a bills playoff game and I found a decent price for uppers; But, it's also cold and the experience can be a little much some games. What to do! 

Don't you dare stay home. Hosting a playoff game at home against the Patriots? We spent two decades dreaming of this kind of moment. Don't let it slip through your hands.

1 hour ago, sodbuster said:

Don't you dare stay home. Hosting a playoff game at home against the Patriots? We spent two decades dreaming of this kind of moment. Don't let it slip through your hands.

I really think I'll pull the trigger, bring my bacalava and a ton of hot hands to glue to myself 😂😂😂 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, calti said:

JA has a rocket arm up to a certain distance--50-60 yds.which gets the job done.When he tries to throw  a 70 or 80 yarder the ball become a wounded duck.

Its a low range rocket that he has. People need to shut up about that. 

Such strange hill to die on

Josh Allen might be asked to throw a legit 70yrd pass once a year but he can. If he's only got a rocket up to,  checks notes, 60 yards... I can live with that. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Such strange hill to die on

Josh Allen might be asked to throw a legit 70yrd pass once a year but he can. If he's only got a rocket up to,  checks notes, 60 yards... I can live with that. 

Actually, I doubt that he throws any.  While the longest "in the air" pass in NFL history was supposedly 83 yards in 1935, nobody has come close lately.  In a quick search, a few things showed up in articles: 1) Justin Herbert threw a pass 63 yard in the air back in early December that was, at the time, the 2nd-longest in the air this season, 2) Baker Mayfield's incomplete Hail Mary that traveled just over 70 yards (own 39 to back of end zone) was the longest pass attempt in the air ever recorded by Pro Football Focus, 3) several reference the 2015 pass by Aaron Rogers that traveled 66 yards in the air as the longest recorded completion.

Now, all of those are likely measured only in "vertical" (downfield) travel, not the diagonal, but most passes that long are pretty much straight.

Edited by carpandean
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, carpandean said:

Actually, I doubt that he throws any.  While the longest "in the air" pass in NFL history was supposedly 83 yards in 1935, nobody has come close lately.  In a quick search, a few things showed up in articles: 1) Justin Herbert threw a pass 63 yard in the air back in early December that was, at the time, the 2nd-longest in the air this season, 2) Baker Mayfield's incomplete Hail Mary that traveled just over 70 yards (own 39 to back of end zone) was the longest pass attempt in the air ever recorded by Pro Football Focus, 3) several reference the 2015 pass by Aaron Rogers that traveled 66 yards in the air as the longest recorded completion.

Now, all of those are likely measured only in "vertical" (downfield) travel, not the diagonal, but most passes that long are pretty much straight.

Going to be an epic 84 yard throw in the superbowl for him then 😛

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, calti said:

JA has a rocket arm up to a certain distance--50-60 yds.which gets the job done.When he tries to throw  a 70 or 80 yarder the ball become a wounded duck.

Its a low range rocket that he has. People need to shut up about that.

No one who disagrees with you about a sports opinion needs to shut up about it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/10/2022 at 1:05 PM, inkman said:

Single digit temps, snow likely.  No thanks. I’ll watch the game in the man cave. 

Nothing like going to a playoff game in an outdoor stadium.  Indoor stadiums are boring, they hire personnel in Detroit to help entertain the crowd and keep them enthused.  Been thinking of making the trip tomorrow from West Michigan but not sure if the borders are open.

Miss the activity of the people at the bills games.  Not your typical after dinner crowd like Detroit or Grand Rapids Griffins games.

According to Bills by the numbers, the Bills pass defense only gave up 163 yards passing per game, and opposing teams passer ratings against the Bills was a scary low 65.3.  This is by the numbers one of the top pass defenses in NFL history.  
Since 2005, only 12 teams have finished top 5 scoring and top 5 points allowed.  Of those 12, 6 made it to the conference championship game.  4 made it to the super bowl.  
The Bills avg scoring margin in 2020 was +6.8.  This year it is +11.4.  
Over the last 3 weeks the Bills have had the 3rd best running offense.  Singletary has upped his game.  He’s avg 4.12 yards per carry.

All in all Buffalo is peaking at the right time.  They’re healthy.  Defense is scary good.  The Bills offensive line is finally gelling.  Let’s go Buffalo!! 

Edited by GoPre
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GoPre said:

According to Bills by the numbers, the Bills pass defense only gave up 163 yards passing per game, and opposing teams passer ratings against the Bills was a scary low 65.3.  This is by the numbers one of the top pass defenses in NFL history.  
Since 2005, only 12 teams have finished top 5 scoring and top 5 points allowed.  Of those 12, 6 made it to the conference championship game.  4 made it to the super bowl.  
The Bills avg scoring margin in 2020 was +6.8.  This year it is +11.4.  
Over the last 3 weeks the Bills have had the 3rd best running offense.  Singletary has upped his game.  He’s avg 4.12 yards per carry.

All in all Buffalo is peaking at the right time.  They’re healthy.  Defense is scary good.  The Bills offensive line is finally gelling.  Let’s go Buffalo!! 

No doubt the Bills pass defense is elite relative to the majority of the league this season.  But would be very interested in seeing their rank pulling the 1st Cheats game out of the mix.  Don't see them as all time elite, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

No doubt the Bills pass defense is elite relative to the majority of the league this season.  But would be very interested in seeing their rank pulling the 1st Cheats game out of the mix.  Don't see them as all time elite, unfortunately.

Minus the first Cheats game the Bills pass defense is 172.  Only 5 teams went north of 200 against Buffalo. It takes an elite defense to hold the NFL to 172 pass yards per game.  Especially with the NFL being such a pass happy game today.  

But I know it all doesn’t matter.  The only stat that counts is the win/loss.  So let’s go Buffalo!  Right here!  Right now!! 

Edited by GoPre
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoPre said:

Minus the first “Cheats” game the Bills pass defense is 172.  It takes an elite defense to hold the NFL to that many pass yards per game.  Especially with the NFL being such a pass happy game today.  

Again, see this pass D as elite relative to the rest of the league, but not an all time elite D.  For the most part, the teams that have beaten the Bills did it on the ground - they didn't need to pass.  

Hopefully the Bills have finally figured out how to stop the run when it's imperative that they do so.  If they have, they have a real chance to win it all as Allen & crew will score points (at least when going w/ the wind).

I am deeply worried about this game.  The Bills lost one to the Pats — in bad weather, which hurts the bills — and needed a superhuman 4th quarter from JA to win the 2nd game.

If the Bills squander their first-half possessions and don’t open up a lead, it’s anyone’s game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I am deeply worried about this game.  The Bills lost one to the Pats — in bad weather, which hurts the bills — and needed a superhuman 4th quarter from JA to win the 2nd game.

I completely disagree with that 2nd game take. Buffalo dominated the entire game. Didn't punt once.

And in the first game, it took a fluke huge TD run foe the Pats to score more than 6 points.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If the Bills squander their first-half possessions and don’t open up a lead, it’s anyone’s game.  

I think that the key to this game will be the ground games of both teams.  If we can establish ours early and often and bend, but not break against theirs, I think we will move on to the Divisional round.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.