2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

It might not be.  Alcohol prices at North American sports venues are ridiculous.  I paid $32 for two 16-oz beers (and not microbrews, either) at PNC Park (baseball stadium in Pittsburgh) last May.  My friend and I went back for Jack-and-Cokes and that was nearly 50.  The three tickets that his wife bought for us were about the same amount of the total.  These venues make their money on food and drink, not on tickets.

In 2011--I think?  I bought one, ONE beer in Toronto at a Sabres game there.  $16 (probably $14-15 American at the time) for a regular 12oz (335ml) beer.

I have not bought a beer at a Bills game in ages, but I'd bet it's over $10 for just a "regular," i.e. Bud Light or something, 12oz can.

Oh--and a beer at Citi Field, another baseball stadium where the NY Mets play, set me back about 15.  2018 I think for that one.

It's things like this that make me happy that I don't really drink.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I've always been a traditionalist on the dome/outdoor stadium issue, but I'm coming around to the idea of a dome -- although it seems unlikely that the new stadium will be a dome.

Bottom line is that as discussed upthread, tickets, parking, concessions, etc are going to be really GD expensive at the new stadium.  At those prices, they are going to have a hard time selling tickets to the December and late November games if the stadium isn't a dome.

My vote continues to be to stick with the Ralph, but if there has to be a new stadium, I think I'd go with a dome.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I've always been a traditionalist on the dome/outdoor stadium issue, but I'm coming around to the idea of a dome -- although it seems unlikely that the new stadium will be a dome.

Bottom line is that as discussed upthread, tickets, parking, concessions, etc are going to be really GD expensive at the new stadium.  At those prices, they are going to have a hard time selling tickets to the December and late November games if the stadium isn't a dome.

My vote continues to be to stick with the Ralph, but if there has to be a new stadium, I think I'd go with a dome.

How many dome games have you been to? I’m always disappointed with the atmosphere. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

At those prices, they are going to have a hard time selling tickets to the December and late November games if the stadium isn't a dome.

They may sell them, initially at least — but the games will be lightly attended if the weather is rough and the team is out of the hunt.

18 hours ago, freester said:

How many dome games have you been to? I’m always disappointed with the atmosphere. 

I have been to two:  UB vs. Connecticut in Toronto, and Syracuse vs. Florida State.  The atmosphere at the "International Bowl" was horrible, because (1) Skydome is sterile, (2) those are not football schools, and (3) there were about 15,000 people in attendance.  The atmosphere at the Syracuse game was great, except it was about 105 degrees inside a dome named after the person who freaking invented air conditioning.  SU needs to pull it together.

• Haha (+1) 2

Yeah, domes do seem sterile.  I've been to JerryWorld (AT&T Stadium) for the Thanksgiving Bills at Cowboys Game in 2019.  Great game but not a fan of the stadium.

I've been to the new Globe Life Field for a Texas Rangers game with the roof open.  Also very sterile.  The old (open air) Globe Life Park had a retro design that hearkened back to the older stadiums (Wrigley/Tiger/Fenway).  The new one has way too much exposed concrete for my taste.

I've seen the Bills play at NRG Stadium in Houston too.  To be honest I didn't really have much reaction to that stadium which is probably a good thing.  It was fine I guess.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I have been to two:  UB vs. Connecticut in Toronto, and Syracuse vs. Florida State.  The atmosphere at the "International Bowl" was horrible, because (1) Skydome is sterile, (2) those are not football schools, and (3) there were about 15,000 people in attendance.  The atmosphere at the Syracuse game was great, except it was about 105 degrees inside a dome named after the person who freaking invented air conditioning.  SU needs to pull it together.

Carrier dome is "the loud house" for a reason. It absolutely rocks when the (basketball) team is halfway decent. In 03 that dome was magic. From 06 to about 2010 it was positively deafening. People had gotten a taste of a Nation Championship and they thought Gerry could deliver another one. Then they thought Jonny Flynn and the boys could bring one home...

Now, I haven't heard the dome loud for a football game since I was a young teenager and we had Donovan. 

Regarding SkyDome: it's a morgue. Unless Cecil Fielder is at the plate for batting practice. I swear to God, it sounded like gun shots.

Oh and the dome is always hot. But on the bright side, the roof no longer deflates when the doors are open for too long. Sucks you outside like the air lock in Aliens.

16 hours ago, ubkev said:

Carrier dome is "the loud house" for a reason. It absolutely rocks when the (basketball) team is halfway decent. In 03 that dome was magic. From 06 to about 2010 it was positively deafening. People had gotten a taste of a Nation Championship and they thought Gerry could deliver another one. Then they thought Jonny Flynn and the boys could bring one home...

Now, I haven't heard the dome loud for a football game since I was a young teenager and we had Donovan. 

Regarding SkyDome: it's a morgue. Unless Cecil Fielder is at the plate for batting practice. I swear to God, it sounded like gun shots.

Oh and the dome is always hot. But on the bright side, the roof no longer deflates when the doors are open for too long. Sucks you outside like the air lock in Aliens.

Unless Syracuse changes everything about how they recruit, you never will. 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Does anyone else watch Good Morning Football regularly? 

Good show. 

Every day since I work from home. Kyle Brandt is my favorite (and of course Kay Adams lol). They haven't had a permanent replacement for Nate yet, he was great.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Every day since I work from home. Kyle Brandt is my favorite (and of course Kay Adams lol). They haven't had a permanent replacement for Nate yet, he was great.

Same. I work nights and it starts pretty much when I get home. They somehow manage to keep it entertaining for 3 hours every day, the hosts deserve a lot of credit. Kay is the best. Isn't really another sports show like it. 

Brandt's Angry Runs is a highlight for sure 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

This *****in guy

I try to ignore everything I see about AB. I’m just going to continue assuming he has CTE that’s progressing and he’s going to be dead within ten years.

Guy also almost certainly has an unregulated social-emotional disorder that his ego is in the way of actually seeking out real help for…

I know it's nice to assume every F*ckhead has some mental disorder or something that negates them being an A##hole.

AB is a grade A tool, he's a self absorbed prick who should've been kicked out of the league years ago. The fact the we're still giving him media airspace is a failure of society in this current age. 

F him, and good riddance. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, eanyills said:

I try to ignore everything I see about AB. I’m just going to continue assuming he has CTE that’s progressing and he’s going to be dead within ten years.

Guy also almost certainly has an unregulated social-emotional disorder that his ego is in the way of actually seeking out real help for…

This guy was a jerk long before he played in the league. It's part of the reason he slid so far in the draft. 

His skills started to decline about five years ago and he's clearly in denial about it, so he's taking it all personally. He's a narcissist who can't accept that his time is over.

• spndnchz locked and unlocked this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.