2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

A win is a win. JA was terrible. Meanwhile Joe Burrow is downright scary. He’s the best QB by a mile right now. 

He wasn't terrible. The first INT Josh got greedy and should have thrown it away. There was miscommunication and a tipped ball involved in the others. Not good, but Allen ran the ball with aggression and overall had a much better day than his qb rating suggests. Burrow is recency bias. He's quite good, but "by a mile" is hyperbole.  

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Took awhile?

At first he rejected it completely and went to the USFL instead.

Once he had no choice but to come to Buffalo he soon realized that he had been a fool and loved every second of it.  Well, maybe not the *Bickering Bills* of 1988.  Cost them a chance to be humiliated in the SB.

Making him the highest paid player in league history after the USFL folded certainly helped. 

6 hours ago, carpandean said:

Huge stand by the D.  Pushed them back out of FG range, then punt went back into the end zone.  Basically, just reset the start of the third quarter.  Now, be better with that opportunity.

IMO this series was the turning point of the game.  If the defense wilts the games gets away.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Took awhile?

At first he rejected it completely and went to the USFL instead.

Once he had no choice but to come to Buffalo he soon realized that he had been a fool and loved every second of it.  Well, maybe not the *Bickering Bills* of 1988.  Cost them a chance to be humiliated in the SB.

If Louis Billups catches a ball Montana threw right at him or Stanley Wilson didn't decide to go on a coke binge the night before that Super Bowl my entire childhood wouldn't have been ruined.

Never thought anyone could one up Vontae Davis, but low and behold, surprise surprise, Antonio Brown tears his uniform off and quits during a game. Dude is totally head *****.

There are two stops left on the bus he is riding, death and jail, not sure which one comes first. I don't think anyone can help him. What a waste of talent.

16 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

A win is a win. JA was terrible. Meanwhile Joe Burrow is downright scary. He’s the best QB by a mile right now. 

Don’t  be fooled by QBR stats.  JA was not terrible.  We was a a quarterback yesterday.  He won with leadership and by running.  He willed that team to two long TD drives in the second half.  He is a great player and they would not have won without him. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Don’t  be fooled by QBR stats.  JA was not terrible.  We was a a quarterback yesterday.  He won with leadership and by running.  He willed that team to two long TD drives in the second half.  He is a great player and they would not have won without him. 

Hear, hear.

At the stadium, I sort of lost sight of the fact that his passing stats were subpar. (Quick aside: I specifically recall 3 or 4 early-ish drops, although without the benefit of replays, I lost track of them.) He was the heart and soul of the offence, for sure. He found a way to win, and led his teammates in doing so.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

Tom Brady, the greatest QB of the last 20 years and perhaps ever (I threw up a little but it's true), only 3 weeks ago threw for 214yrds, 1int, and 0tds. All QB's have bad games. Joe Burrow in Sept had 2tds, 3int, and only 207yrds. This last game by Allen was atrocious (120yrds, 3int) but his ability to run and to threaten runs really allowed him to overcome the fact he couldn't throw for *****. 

Matt Ryan with an all time bonehead play.  Talks trash to Poyer, and Poyer just laughs.  I can't imagine what "Dad" said, but it would be funny to find out.  Gets the taunting penalty because he thinks he's scored.

Turns a 3rd and goal from a foot (touchdown makes it a one score game with plenty of time left) to 3rd and goal from the 16.  I was laughing so hard at that whole sequence.  Anytime I ever hear of Matt Ryan again, that will be my memory of him 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Tom Brady, the greatest QB of the last 20 years and perhaps ever (I threw up a little but it's true), only 3 weeks ago threw for 214yrds, 1int, and 0tds. All QB's have bad games. Joe Burrow in Sept had 2tds, 3int, and only 207yrds. This last game by Allen was atrocious (120yrds, 3int) but his ability to run and to threaten runs really allowed him to overcome the fact he couldn't throw for *****. 

I found the Atlanta white jerseys/black pants and the Bills blue jerseys/white pants (with white helmets) all against the white snow covered field and black+white of the officials kinda tough to watch.

Not to make excuses, but I wonder if that played into his bad game.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I found the Atlanta white jerseys/black pants and the Bills blue jerseys/white pants (with white helmets) all against the white snow covered field and black+white of the officials kinda tough to watch.

Not to make excuses, but I wonder if that played into his bad game.

I wonder if the white jerseys helped hide defenders. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.