2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

That statistical comparison is a good demonstration of the reason that you can't just rely on stats.  Anyone who has watched the Bills this year has seen JA have a number of lousy games.  He's not been nearly as good as he was last year.

Does anyone have a similar breakdown of the Bills' red zone percentage last year vs this year?

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

That statistical comparison is a good demonstration of the reason that you can't just rely on stats.  Anyone who has watched the Bills this year has seen JA have a number of lousy games.  He's not been nearly as good as he was last year.

Does anyone have a similar breakdown of the Bills' red zone percentage last year vs this year?

Do you think Lamar Jackson has been better than Allen, because that's really the question. 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

'Lousy' is a pretty relative term.

But many people seem to define it simply as "he lost"

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Do you think Lamar Jackson has been better than Allen, because that's really the question. 

I agree that the Lamar comparison is relevant if it’s an MVP discussion, but if the discussion is whether the Bills are good enough to make a deep playoff run, I think the answer, based on how JA has played against good teams this year, is no.  

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Well, I’m sure some people do define it that way, but I don’t think that’s the case among the erudite Bills fans that populate this board.

IMHO, in order for the Bills (or most other teams) to go deep in the playoffs, the QB has to deliver consistently excellent play.  JA hasn’t lived up to that standard against good teams this year.

YMMV, of course.  

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Wins are not a QB stat.  

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I agree that the Lamar comparison is relevant if it’s an MVP discussion, but if the discussion is whether the Bills are good enough to make a deep playoff run, I think the answer, based on how JA has played against good teams this year, is no.  

Well, I’m sure some people do define it that way, but I don’t think that’s the case among the erudite Bills fans that populate this board.

IMHO, in order for the Bills (or most other teams) to go deep in the playoffs, the QB has to deliver consistently excellent play.  JA hasn’t lived up to that standard against good teams this year.

YMMV, of course.  

The Chiefs are calling, they want to know if they are a good team.  

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

YMMV, of course.  

You changed the question. 

Is Lamar Jackson more worthy of the pro bowl than Josh Allen, is Lamar better?

BTW, idc about the pro bowl. It's boring and I've only ever watched highlights because it's boring. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

You changed the question. 

Is Lamar Jackson more worthy of the pro bowl than Josh Allen, is Lamar better?

BTW, idc about the pro bowl. It's boring and I've only ever watched highlights because it's boring. 

I don't know one human that cares about the game.  The only thing people seem to care about is who is voted in, which is stupid because people are not objective.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Considering how lousy our oline play has been this year, I think he might be playing better. I definitely don't think he's regressed. Get him a good line and maybe get Gabe Davis involved all year and the numbers would be vastly better.

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

You're not wrong, Josh has had a few games this year that we're not good. The year to date stats might be similar, but I expected more consistently good weeks building off of last year and have been somewhat disappointed with him. Still a really good QB, was just hoping for more. 

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No. Lamar has had a poor season. 

20 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Considering how lousy our oline play has been this year, I think he might be playing better. I definitely don't think he's regressed. Get him a good line and maybe get Gabe Davis involved all year and the numbers would be vastly better.

I really gotta question some things at OBD.  Josh Allen leading the NFL in YPC and your offensive wizard doesn’t think to have him run the ball in the worst weather elements all season?  Gave Davis, who continually looks like WR2 getting relegated to WR4 because…? Your O-line can’t block anyone in pass pro so you never give them help, ever (extra blocker, rolling pocket, etc).  McDermott does some nice things but he’s far from infallible.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Maybe having possibly the worst offensive line in football and we're looking at Josh? He's fine and a few of his receivers as well. The rest of the offense and coaching has sucked.

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This is absurd honestly. Who do we have on the Covid list now? Beasley, Ford, Dawkins, Davis...am I missing anyone? Allen is going to die Sunday unless the Patriots get hit with Covid 

It's getting ugly.  Not as bad as the 'Aints, who are taking that little nickname seriously.  But still bad.

20 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This is absurd honestly. Who do we have on the Covid list now? Beasley, Ford, Dawkins, Davis...am I missing anyone? Allen is going to die Sunday unless the Patriots get hit with Covid 

This is the most up to date site I can find https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-covid-tracker-2021/

Buffalo Bills

• Cody Ford, OL | 12/24/21
  • Gabriel Davis, WR | 12/24/21
  • Cole Beasley, WR | 12/22/21
  • Quintin Morris, TE | 12/22/21
  • Mike Love, DE | 12/20/21
  • A.J. Epenesa, DE | 12/20/21
  • Jon Feliciano, OL | 12/19/21
  • Dion Dawkins, LT | 12/18/21
  • Tyrel Dodson, LB | 12/13/21

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.