2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

One thing that will never happen.  Tom Brady or another top notch QB testing positive just before the superbowl.

I'd even extend it to a top LT or DE. They will cycle it way down for those guys. As a gift to the billionaire owners that they like.

heck I may even extend it to the playoffs for those who were obedient.

Edited by calti

On 12/1/2021 at 11:21 PM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Hey Bills fans:  I go to the Bills Backers bar in Fort Worth to watch the Bills games.  I've made a lot of good friends there. 

Among them is Ron, who always has a smile on his face despite the fact that ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) is slowly destroying his body.  He missed the last couple games and I was worried about him; I just found out he had pneumonia earlier this month and now needs assistance with his breathing.

If you have a moment to say a prayer, send good thoughts, or whatever it is that you do, I would appreciate it.  Ron's a great guy and doesn't deserve this fate.

You can see Ron, his wife and his dog (sssshhhh!) at about 50 seconds into this video (I have it cued up to 49 secons).  Yes, even his dog Caesar sings the SHOUT song!  😄

Ron lost his battle with ALS today.  Godspeed.

• Sad 6

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Ron lost his battle with ALS today.  Godspeed.

DAMN!!

So sorry to hear this news.  Like so many other ailments ALS is terrible.  The brother of a friend had it and he deteriated quickly and passed away at 30.  The last year + was just horrible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, MattPie said:

🤷‍♂️

Who could have possibly predicted this!?

What really pisses me off is he's not accepting accountability for his decision:

Cole Beasley, who vowed throughout the offseason to not get vaccinated, tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss Buffalo’s huge game against New England on Sunday. With fans lashing out against him, he faults the NFL’s rules.

“Just to be clear Covid is not keeping me out of this game,” Beasley wrote on Instagram. “The rules are vaxxed players are playing with Covid every week now because they don’t test.”

Grow up, Cole.  Be a man.

• Like (+1) 1

Saw this coming. Me first and team last. Said before season he'll miss key game and many fans will be pissed. Now we're seeing it. He's most likely another government hater and league as well. It's all about Me the rest can take a hike. Loved when they signed him but he's turned me off. This is politics period. Go back to Texas and run for something.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

What really pisses me off is he's not accepting accountability for his decision:

Grow up, Cole.  Be a man.

I fail to see the reason for the anger. Everything he said, is true. Regardless of what people choose to feel emotionally, the factual data is conclusive, the "vaccines" do not prevent individuals from becoming infected with covid. He makes a valid point on the ridiculesness of the 2 tier treatment of individuals. The vaccine may decrease the severity of the virus to an individual, but as far as I can tell, it's not decreasing transmission.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I fail to see the reason for the anger. Everything he said, is true. Regardless of what people choose to feel emotionally, the factual data is conclusive, the "vaccines" do not prevent individuals from becoming infected with covid. He makes a valid point on the ridiculesness of the 2 tier treatment of individuals. The vaccine may decrease the severity of the virus to an individual, but as far as I can tell, it's not decreasing transmission.

You have no way of knowing it doesn't reduce the spread. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Radar said:

You have no way of knowing it doesn't reduce the spread. 

True, but I do have common sense,, 98% of people around me vaccinated, 50% got covid after vaccination, immediately family, peers, friends. So, how'd those vaccinations not prevent the spread to 30 people? I digress, that's not what he was alluding to. He merely stated its the rules, not him, which is preventing his play.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

True, but I do have common sense,, 98% of people around me vaccinated, 50% got covid after vaccination, immediately family, peers, friends. So, how'd those vaccinations not prevent the spread to 30 people? I digress, that's not what he was alluding to. He merely stated its the rules, not him, which is preventing his play.

Using your hypothetical numbers, 2% of unvaccinated people are making up 50% of cases. That's a 25-fold decrease with vaccination.  Do you just not understand math?

12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

The vaccine may decrease the severity of the virus to an individual, but as far as I can tell, it's not decreasing transmission.

With early variants, there was data to show that the vaccines inhibited transmission. With Delta, that effect started to wane pretty significantly (and pretty quickly following the second shot). I have no idea what effect Omicron is having, but I presume that vaccines (and their boosters) remain highly effective at reducing severe illness, hospitalization, and death from the novel coronavirus's variants ... but are probably not effective (or, if effective, very minimally) in preventing transmission.

Edited by That Aud Smell

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

He knew the rules. He chose the path that would have him missing games. He chose himself over the team. F him.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I believe strongly in everyones choice to be vaccinated or not.

In that I support Cole.  If he or anyone not vaccinated gets COVID it's on them and they need to take the resposibility and not blame this or that or anyone else.

What I do not support are the hot anti-vaxxers AND the hot pro-vaxxers and their equally terrible takes.  If you get vaccinated good for you and be quiet.  If you don't get vaccinated good for you and be quiet.  

Cole has said that he is neither a pro nor anti-vaxxer, but it is clear from his hot hot takes that he is a huge anti-vaxxer.  He needs to shut the hell up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

Using your hypothetical numbers, 2% of unvaccinated people are making up 50% of cases. That's a 25-fold decrease with vaccination.  Do you just not understand math?

Those aren't hypothetical, I know 30 individuals that have tested positive for covid after being vaccinated. I stay in touch with 60 people roughly on a regular basis. And I'm not stating emphatically it does or does not augment the numbers. What I am saying is I fail to see the reason to be angry with Cole because he stated a fact. It's not him nor wanting to play, it's the 2 tier rule system that is. Exactly what's happening in broader society, creating 2nd class citizens. Way to go to those cheerleading this.

And yes, I'm vaxed, and booster'd, my 72 yr old mother who's been fighting stage 4 small cell aggressive for a year cannot be vaxed, per her own Roswell Dr.s, she's fighting covid right now, 17 days after her last radiation treatment. Thanks to all you who support putting mom in the "undesireable" 2nd tier citizen class, it's appreciated.

21 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

The vaccine may decrease the severity of the virus to an individual, but as far as I can tell, it's not decreasing transmission.

Cool, where did you say your degree in epidemiology and virology was from again? Also which strain are you talking about? By transmission do you mean symptomatic or asymptomatic in regards to the ppl who are vaccinated at testing positive? 

Edited by LGR4GM

Bottom line is that the data is not conclusive for the Omicron variant in regards to transmission and vaccination status. The other question is outcomes in regards to omicron and vaccination status. I posted stats yesterday but they were deemed too political, the short version is that we are seeing magnitudes less ppl hospitalized that are fully vaxxed and importantly dead that are fully vaxxed. If omicron is more infectious but less deadly, horary for humanity. We can adjust to that reality and move forward. If Omicron and Delta show symptoms in the vaccinated at a significantly lower rate (they do) we are also in a better place. 

If you are vaccinated, boosted, and wear a mask you can still get covid but instead of having a 6 out of 100k chance at death, you will be closer to .0001 out of 100k. Kinda exactly like wearing a seatbelt, an analogy that really does fit. 

• Like (+1) 2

I see this thread has turned into a very pleasant holiday thread regarding football talk. 

Cole is and will be fine, medically. 

He hurt the team, but to be honest, he hasn't been producing much this year for whatever reason. 

Bills need this game badly, one of the biggest outside of the playoffs in quite some time. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

He hurt the team, but to be honest, he hasn't been producing much this year for whatever reason. 

Bills need this game badly, one of the biggest outside of the playoffs in quite some time. 

COVID aside, he hasn't been physically healthy much this season, has he?  Or maybe I'm imagining that.

As for the game itself, it's definitely the most important game of the season.  Win this game and you probably take the division.  Lose this game, and with 13 of 16 AFC teams at .500+ you have a very real chance of missing playoffs.

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

COVID aside, he hasn't been physically healthy much this season, has he?  Or maybe I'm imagining that.

As for the game itself, it's definitely the most important game of the season.  Win this game and you probably take the division.  Lose this game, and with 13 of 16 AFC teams at .500+ you have a very real chance of missing playoffs.

I imagine the bills win just to lose to the jets in the final week 😂😂 stranger things have happened. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.