2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

43 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I know this is a mistake to post, but nothing Josh did last night was 'unacceptable.'

Ridiculous.  At least one of those interceptions is unquestionably unacceptable.

That said, in most games I think we're probably going to be happy if Josh has throws 4 TDs in games where he throws 2 INTs.

And speaking of TDs, how about some Dawson Knox hype.  He's at 7 on the season now, a new franchise record for TEs, with 9 games played.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Ridiculous.  At least one of those interceptions is unquestionably unacceptable.

That said, in most games I think we're probably going to be happy if Josh has throws 4 TDs in games where he throws 2 INTs.

And speaking of TDs, how about some Dawson Knox hype.  He's at 7 on the season now, a new franchise record for TEs, with 9 games played.

Knox is the kinda guy the fans love. Comes into the league.Cant catch but rumbles down the field like a freight train when he does hang onto it. He works his butt off the next offseason and the receiving skills improve a lot. And he knocks people over like Larry Czonka used to.

15 minutes ago, calti said:

Knox is the kinda guy the fans love. Comes into the league.Cant catch but rumbles down the field like a freight train when he does hang onto it. He works his butt off the next offseason and the receiving skills improve a lot. And he knocks people over like Larry Czonka used to.

Can't catch? He hasn't had issues catching this year.

2 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Agree to disagree, then.  I don't think *you* know what unacceptable means.

Is the aim to play perfectly, or to win the game?

If it is to win the game, than that interception was clearly acceptable, because they reached their goal. Easily.

If it is to play perfectly, then it is no wonder watching football makes people crazy.

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If it is to win the game, than that interception was clearly acceptable, because they reached their goal. Easily.

If it is to play perfectly, then it is no wonder watching football makes people crazy.

So because I find an absolutely terrible decision and throw to be absolutely terrible, I'm suddenly demanding perfection? Yeah, okay.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I know this is a mistake to post, but nothing Josh did last night was 'unacceptable.'

The guy threw 4 touchdowns and led his team to 31 points. He missed 5 throws all night, and at least 2 of them were thrown away on purpose. His team won going away.

What I find hard to accept is the degree of angst and over-analysis that follows any sign of a misstep, and it only seems to accelerate the closer the team gets to the ultimate goal.

He's a special must-watch athlete, objectively one of the best Bills fans have ever had the opportunity to cheer for.

Have a beer, sit back and let yourself enjoy what he does.

I was out in NYC last night, unable (chose not) to watch. Was following a text thread of a group of friends watching and I swear I thought we were losing 47 to nothing. I get home, put the game on right when they scored to make it 31-6 and was just, WTF, SMH.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

So because I find an absolutely terrible decision and throw to be absolutely terrible, I'm suddenly demanding perfection? Yeah, okay.

I think people who choose to make that decision their focus in the context of Josh Allen’s performance are also choosing to make themselves miserable.

You can speak for yourself whether or not that applies to you.

@SwampD gets it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

The guy threw 4 touchdowns and led his team to 31 points. He missed 5 throws all night, and at least 2 of them were thrown away on purpose. His team won going away.

What I find hard to accept is the degree of angst and over-analysis that follows any sign of a misstep, and it only seems to accelerate the closer the team gets to the ultimate goal.

He's a special must-watch athlete, objectively one of the best Bills fans have ever had the opportunity to cheer for.

Have a beer, sit back and let yourself enjoy what he does.

The Jags and Colts games are great examples of why there’s angst even in victory with this team. The problems being pointed out are the problems that are costing them games. They are problems that will cost them big games if not corrected.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

The better you play the better your chances are to win a game. They’re not going to play a mediocre team littered with an unimaginable number of key injuries every week.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I think people who choose to make that decision their focus in the context of Josh Allen’s performance are also choosing to make themselves miserable.

You can speak for yourself whether or not that applies to you.

@SwampD gets it.

So because I think there are plays worth correcting, I'm miserable?  Yeah, okay.  Give me a break.

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The Jags and Colts games are great examples of why there’s angst even in victory with this team. The problems being pointed out are the problems that are costing them games. They are problems that will cost them big games if not corrected.

The better you play the better your chances are to win a game. They’re not going to play a mediocre team littered with an unimaginable number of key injuries every week.

And people don't get a chance to enjoy a blowout Bills victory every week either.

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

So because I think there are plays worth correcting, I'm miserable?  Yeah, okay.  Give me a break.

When have I ever made a comment about you?

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And people don't get a chance to enjoy a blowout Bills victory every week either.

Definitely not. Blowouts are a great time to figure out what works and what doesn’t. This team is good enough where we aren’t often losing our minds when things are going well but they’re definitely good enough for it to capture meaningful attention when terrible plays are made.

This team is a Super Bowl contending team when healthy (this league is full of parity right now, there are probably ten teams that could). I want that for them and I demand that of them.

45 minutes ago, dudacek said:

When have I ever made a comment about you?

You're replying directly to me while making that comment.  It doesn't take much to add 2 and 2 and get 4, regardless of whether you were explicit or not.

38 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Honestly NE is officially the best team in the AFC and it’s not even close. That team is a machine. We can’t remotely play inconsistent as we’ve been or we could get blown out again. 

Yes. At this point NE is the best team .And fortunately the 2nd best team-INDY-Just lost to TB so they may not get in cuz of their slow start.

I think the Bills -esp Josh--Need to play a very disciplined game to have a chance vs NE . BB takes not greatly talented QBs and trains them fresh out of college before they develope bad habits. And turns them into QBing machines.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.