2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It's been a long, long time since I've heard national broadcasters call out the refs, and it was deserved.

McDermott is puzzling.  He showed no confidence in the league's best defense when he declined that holding penalty in the first half.  That proved to be the margin of victory, BTW.

I don't think I've seen Allen look so rattled in his brief career.  The team needs line help, and it also needs to let him run; that's his game.

The defense was predictably awesome when McDermott let it be.

right on. good sober post

1 hour ago, calti said:

and to think  a week  ago the Bills were great JA was MVP and the sabres blasted out to a 5-1 start!!

I said earlier that this game had me worried before it started. Having some key people out on the o-line didn’t help. Plus, JAX had nothing to lose. So, this loss doesn’t surprise me at all. I had a feeling that we were due to be upset.

Having said that, there’s something else I haven’t seen anyone bring up about our losses so far this season: on paper, they’ve all been close games. We can’t be expected to do blowouts against opposing teams as if we’re the Alabama Crimson Tide.

On to next week, when we take on the New Jersey Denmarks (h/t William Shakespeare).

• Like (+1) 1

Watched the game on delay.  Damn, that was the most frustrating loss that I've ever seen.

The defense was more than fine against a pretty poor opposing offense.  Still should have been able win it despite a terrible offensive performance.  They just needed one single drive like they've put up four or five of almost every game to win it outright, or even just a halfway decent one to tie it, but between penalties, poor o-line protection and Josh brain-fart storm, sadly that was too much to ask for.

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

And next week is no gimme. The Jets have a great d line and their offense has been scoring points. The book is out on how to beat the Bills. And we are even more banged up going into next week. 

If they HAD to pitch a stinker in this 3 game "gimme" stretch, am glad it was against the Jags rather than in division.  The J-E-S-T game is now must win.  Have to believe they'll wake up but missing Brown again would be very bad.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Talk about a match made in heaven.

League known for shameless self-promotion w/ little actual steak to go w/ the sizzle will be run by a shameless self-promoter who only cares about the sizzle.

In this house, we respect The Rock. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

In this house, we respect The Rock. 

Dwayne Johnson may now own the league & is likely the CEO setting the direction, but in most businesses, the President actually runs it.  And their new president is a shameless self promoter who only cares about the sizzle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.