2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It’s absolutely batshit crazy to think two separate posters in this thread suggested a first wouldn’t be enough or Khalil Mack wouldn’t be enough for … Mitchell Trubisky.

If the Bills lose Josh Allen for a playoff game the season is over at that second. Regardless of who the backup is.

Do teams earn the bye AFTER the playoffs have begun?  Didn't think so.

How often in the AFC this century does the SB representative come from the group of teams that doesn't get the bye?

Glad Mitch is still a Bill.

• Thanks (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It’s absolutely batshit crazy to think two separate posters in this thread suggested a first wouldn’t be enough or Khalil Mack wouldn’t be enough for … Mitchell Trubisky.

If the Bills lose Josh Allen for a playoff game the season is over at that second. Regardless of who the backup is.

Yeah and we thought it was over when Kelly went down and Reich took over.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yeah and we thought it was over when Kelly went down and Reich took over.

I was on an airplane heading to Buffalo and our pilot was from Houston and was gloating over the radio, then the comeback started.  The guy lane landed and we watched the victory in a airport bar.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Do teams earn the bye AFTER the playoffs have begun?  Didn't think so.

How often in the AFC this century does the SB representative come from the group of teams that doesn't get the bye?

Glad Mitch is still a Bill.

The one seed has represented the AFC in 3 of the last 5. So 40% of the time in recent years it’s been someone who would not have a bye in the current system. Hard to judge the value of being the ONLY bye since we only have one example so far.

I’m glad Mitch is a Bill. There was no way any team was stupid enough to trade a first for him so there was no way a trade was happening anyways.

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

Your last two sentences are unproven and probably incorrect.  Do you see the problem with your "batshit crazy" conclusion now?

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Your last two sentences are unproven and probably incorrect.  Do you see the problem with your "batshit crazy" conclusion now?

Naw. It’s just about being sensible. The backup QB isn’t worth a 1st round pick. Or a Hall of Fame-level pass rusher who is still in his prime (health questions are warranted, though). Those offers obviously aren’t realistic so the real conversation would be: would you trade Trubisky for a 3rd or 4th (which is probably still more than they were offered)? My answer to that is no. 1st or 2nd or immediate impact player were the only options I was interested in.

The drop off from Mitch to Cam is small or zero (Cam might be better) so that’s an option they should have been thinking about.

19 hours ago, Hoss said:

And Trent/Danny Dimes probably could have been considered good QBs when fully healthy (which for Trent was a very short period of time to start his career) during Trent’s era but certainly not today.

true. the concussion was a disaster. he shoulda been out for a year. sad.

ps-i dont think he was really good when healthy. but good enough to be a solid backup qb

On 11/2/2021 at 11:55 AM, Hoss said:

If the team DOES deal Trubisky (Washington, New Orleans, Denver make sense) they should immediately sign Cam Newton.

@Hoss, you’re better than this. I normally don’t see you post a doozy. But, oh, man. This one reeks.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:17 PM, LGR4GM said:

I read some truly terrible ideas on this board but holy *****, no. 

no man GIF

Totally agree.

On 11/2/2021 at 1:55 PM, inkman said:

Haha! Did you see this?

KO is insufferable. There’s no other way for me to describe him.

On 11/2/2021 at 7:10 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

I was on an airplane heading to Buffalo and our pilot was from Houston and was gloating over the radio, then the comeback started.  The guy lane landed and we watched the victory in a airport bar.

I bet he was eating crow for the main course and humble pie just for desserts. 😁

This game against the Jags has me really concerned. A part of our O-Line is snakebitten, and the Jags have nothing to lose at this point. They won’t make the playoffs this year, but they have the potential to shake up the playoff picture and embarrass a contender.

8 hours ago, FogBat said:

This game against the Jags has me really concerned. A part of our O-Line is snakebitten, and the Jags have nothing to lose at this point. They won’t make the playoffs this year, but they have the potential to shake up the playoff picture and embarrass a contender.

...i wouldnt be concerned..Bills would have to completely not show up for that to happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.