2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

Realistically the game was won on turnovers.  Take away two fumble recoveries and two interceptions (one for a pick-6) and this game is a helluva lot closer.  That said, the offense had a great night and the defense did too.  If the game were closer I think the Bills could have scored more to pull away.

Big win tonight.  Allen made the plays he needed to make and our offense ran hard and put up points 

The defense kicked ass.  Took away the big play, covered close and aggressively, put on heat with 4 man rush, forced turnovers. 

The officials were too big in the game.  Way too many questionable calls.  Then there was Chris Collinsworth, he is an insufferable bore. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Realistically the game was won on turnovers.  Take away two fumble recoveries and two interceptions (one for a pick-6) and this game is a helluva lot closer.  That said, the offense had a great night and the defense did too.  If the game were closer I think the Bills could have scored more to pull away.

Why would I take them away? The Bills defense kicked their ass tonight.

Same field, same two teams next week idk who would win but they did the dang thing tonight.

Well earned victory and it tastes so sweet! 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

You guys should have won by more but the refs had your balls

Congrats you're contenders

Dude, do us all a favor: STFU. You’re sounding like Crissy Collinsworth, whether you’re using backhanded compliments or not.

5 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Rousseau is a monster how did he fall to us in the draft

Prior to the last like two months leading up to the draft he was considered a lock to be in the top half of the first round. There was a point people thought he’d be a top ten pick. Just felt like a situation where teams talked themselves out of him but Beane did. He could be a star.

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Thankfully the plays the defense makes (or the Chiefs offense doesn’t make) count, too.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

To be fair:  That's his job.  They have to make it sound like the game is still in play so that people don't turn it off.

That's one reason I hate national broadcasts.

I'm wondering (but enough to go look) if he's like Joe Buck, where everyone thinks he's rooting for the other team. Which probably means, as a national broadcaster, he's doing his job.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

I want so much more respect on Tremaine Edmunds’ name. He’s been damn good every single week. Last week he was a star. This week he led a defense without a guy who has played at a DPOY level so far. He was ALL over. Sideline to sideline just in on play. Playing with speed in coverage. I am so excited to see him keep growing and I hope to go he’s in line for the next extension.

The last two weeks have been by far, and I mean by far, his best two games as a pro.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Next week equal new challenge; how to stop Derrick Henry.  This will be a huge challenge with Milano out and Fraziers' D setup with only two linebackers.

Tenn will try to control the clock with the running game to limit Buffalo's possessions and to wear out the defense.  

The bad news for Tenn is the Buffalo rotates fresh troops along the DLine like a college team.  Should make for a very interesting matchup ahead of the bye week.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/9/2021 at 11:35 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

I'm feeling the exact opposite.  The last 3 games were a tune up for this one.  Pittsburgh in the opener was not completely unexpected.

Everyone has been gearing up for this rematch and they will be ready.  JA I think will have his best game as a pro and D will stand tall enough to win this one.

38 - 24, with 14 KC points against second stringers late in the 4th.

+++++

Thanks for finding this thread and restoring it.

Well, well, well ...

Blind squirrel ... something, something, something ...

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Next week equal new challenge; how to stop Derrick Henry.  This will be a huge challenge with Milano out and Fraziers' D setup with only two linebackers.

Tenn will try to control the clock with the running game to limit Buffalo's possessions and to wear out the defense.  

The bad news for Tenn is the Buffalo rotates fresh troops along the DLine like a college team.  Should make for a very interesting matchup ahead of the bye week.

Milano will be back next week. AJ Klein is better in the run anyways. We need Oliver and Star to stop Henry.

2 hours ago, carpandean said:

One thing that made watching the game more difficult and the win more satisfying was that Mahomes was literally in 3/4 of the commercials.

Hahahaha.  The same storm system that delayed the game rolled through Fort Worth too (and there were possible tornadoes) so we got the weatherman every commercial break until very late in the game.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

The refs tried their hardest, didn't they?

The Bills beat both teams.

There were a couple key "makeup calls" in the Bills' favor (Andy Reed was just as mad at the refs as we were) but yeah, frustrating game to watch from that aspect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.