2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

15 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Great win.

Josh was average passing.  Not bad, not good.

Singletary and Josh ran the ball well.  The D all were studs.

Good teams win these types of games when they are not playing really well in certain areas.  Other aspects pick it up.

The Bills are a very good and well rounded team.  That's the key.  They are not Josh and a bunch of nobodies.

well summarized..definitely a playoff team with vgood overall talent. can they take the next step? Of course that depends on JA.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, calti said:

well summarized..definitely a playoff team with vgood overall talent. can they take the next step? Of course that depends on JA.

He is jittery.  I blame the extension.  He is trying to justify it already.  He just needs to settle down and he will.  He'll be fine and in top form long before playoff time.  I expect the Bills to win the division and maybe the conference.  They need to host the AFC CCG.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Like (+1) 4

54 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Good win for guys but josh allen  doesn't look good at all 

I'm sorry 

He looks fine. Diggs is the only one of our receivers who fights for the ball. All the others wait for it to come to them. It almost bit us a couple of times. That’s on the receivers, not Josh.

Moss with some tough runs today.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Great win.

Good teams win these types of games when they are not playing really well in certain areas.  Other aspects pick it up.

The Bills are a very good and well rounded team.  That's the key.  They are not Josh and a bunch of nobodies.

But to go deep into the playoff we need our best players to be our best players and Josh needs work.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

He looks fine. Diggs is the only one of our receivers who fights for the ball. All the others wait for it to come to them. It almost bit us a couple of times. That’s on the receivers, not Josh.

Moss with some tough runs today.

He looks average to me. I think it is a combination of nerves (showing last year was no fluke) and little chemistry with the receivers (besides Diggs).

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

He is jittery.  I blame the extension.  He is trying to justify it already.  He just needs to settle down and he will.  He'll be fine and in top form long before playoff time.  I expect the Bills to win the division and maybe the conference.  They need to host the AFC CCG.

I place the bulk of the blame for his “jitters” on that sieve of an OLine. Josh has made more off platform throws in the last two weeks than I can remember over any two week stretch previously. I really don’t think the extension has any bearing at all.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Great win.

Josh was flat out bad. There’s no way to dance around it. Continues to miss big plays but thankfully he started slow last year and turned it on semi-early so I’m banking on the same thing happening. To beat down a decent opponent 35-0 when you get a bad performance at QB is an awesome thing to watch. This is a contender once Josh starts making plays.

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But to go deep into the playoff we need our best players to be our best players and Josh needs work.

Yup. It seems like he may have tweaked his mechanics again this offseason trying to go from great to … greater? He should work on just getting back to who he was last year. He could be the player he was last year for ten years and he’d be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I don't understand how you can watch him today and not think he had a bad day. And he didn't have to deal with TJ Watt.

There were plays that his receivers didn’t make for him.

Watch Diggs go up for a ball. Watch Pittsburgh’s receivers fight for those balls last week.

Too many times I see our receivers with their arms at their sides and their hands out, waiting for the ball to drop perfectly  in their hands like a loaf of bread, while the defender is jumping in front of them trying to make a play.

And the two TD throws were amazing.

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

There were plays that his receivers didn’t make for him.

Watch Diggs go up for a ball. Watch Pittsburgh’s receivers fight for those balls last week.

Too many times I see our receivers with their arms at their sides and their hands out, waiting for the ball to drop perfectly  in their hands like a loaf of bread, while the defender is jumping in front of them trying to make a play.

And the two TD throws were amazing.

Really, we're going to blame the receivers here?  So many of his throws weren't even catchable.  He was 17/33 for 179 yards, for crying out loud.  You don't think that's bad?  Really? In today's NFL?

44 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Really, we're going to blame the receivers here?  So many of his throws weren't even catchable.  He was 17/33 for 179 yards, for crying out loud.  You don't think that's bad?  Really? In today's NFL?

It’s not great, but he made the throws he had to, and the plays he makes with his feet are actually plays that count. I’d sure hate to see what the game would have looked like with someone else behind that O line.

Are his receivers blameless? I think some of those throws were catchable. Other than Diggs, when is the last time you saw a one of our receivers take a ball away from a defender?

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I wonder if anyone even remembers the 40 yard throw to Sanders. That was awful.

That was a glorious throw. 

It doesn't nullify the terrible ones he floated all game. 

Look, I'm a die hard bills fan, and winning 35-0 should leave nothing to complain about. But we are capable of playing so much better, and we will need to, to compete with Baltimore and KC. 

Those teams appear to be on another level right now at least. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

It’s not great, but he made the throws he had to

Other than Diggs, when is the last time you saw a one of our receivers take a ball away from a defender?

To the first: he never really had to make any throws.  We shut out the Dolphins.

To the second: I literally complained to a friend about our receivers never catching contested throws 2 plays before Diggs caught that big pass against Howard.  I think it's the biggest weakness we have with our receiving corps.  They're pretty good at route running and getting separation, but they never fight for the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That was a glorious throw. 

It doesn't nullify the terrible ones he floated all game. 

Look, I'm a die hard bills fan, and winning 35-0 should leave nothing to complain about. But we are capable of playing so much better, and we will need to, to compete with Baltimore and KC. 

Those teams appear to be on another level right now at least. 

The Bills have been playing great defenses.  Doesn’t get a lot easier with Chase Young and Montez Sweat leading a WTF this week.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

The Bills have been playing great defenses.  Doesn’t get a lot easier with Chase Young and Montez Sweat leading a WTF this week.  

They have played great defenses, but they will in the playoffs too, assuming they make it (which they should) 

We haven't played a team with much of an Offense yet, so it's hard to grasp how good or not good we are yet. And we did lose to Pittsburgh still. 

I'm really looking forward to the Chiefs match up, that'll show us where we really are at as a complete team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.