2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, calti said:

I was shocked at what i saw in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines trials. A smart 8 yr old would laugh at those pieces of scamola. And then the sheep start bleating the mantra 95% effective....95% effective. This whole scam followed by the vaccine nightmare has been a painful experience.

😂 tell you don’t know anything about vaccines or statistics without telling me you don’t know anything about vaccines or statistics

It’s been almost 2 years of this crap, and I can’t believe there’s a significant amount of people who still don’t get it. 

This would’ve been much closer to being over if people had just worn masks when asked instead of being defiant, and gotten poked months and months ago instead of sticking with conspiracy theories over science. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

You guys aren't and haven't been talking about COVID in relation to the Bills, so please just shut the hell up and let's get back on topic.

If I had mod powers, I'd be putting at least 4 people on vacation right now.  Including people I both agree with and don't.

Unfortunately, it’s become a common thing here for threads to get derailed. 

Whether it’s Covid, Eichel, the goaltending, or being a Packers fan, it keeps happening. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

You guys aren't and haven't been talking about COVID in relation to the Bills, so please just shut the hell up and let's get back on topic.

If I had mod powers, I'd be putting at least 4 people on vacation right now.  Including people I both agree with and don't.

You know,  you're right. 

Anyone else think not going for it on those early 4th and short chances when Allen clearly wanted to was a mistake because it messed with his head?

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You know,  you're right. 

Anyone else think not going for it on those early 4th and short chances when Allen clearly wanted to was a mistake because it messed with his head?

The “brass” made it clear they were in charge early in the game when JA wanted to go for it a few times, and they said no. 

THEN when the brass finally wanted to go for it on a 4th and 1, their brilliant idea was to Chuck it back 10 more yards to try and make the 1 they needed. Outstanding. 

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You know,  you're right. 

I’m honestly not sure but it seems like Josh really wants to take shots for the betterment of those around him and some others on the team don’t want to take shots.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I’m honestly not sure but it seems like Josh really wants to take shots for the betterment of those around him and some others on the team don’t want to take shots.

McDermott has been criticized for being too damn conservative his whole time being head coach. It’s not new. Problem is it’s getting worse not better. And nobody go point out 4th and 1s on the 40 that’s just statistics to go for it every time. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You know,  you're right. 

Yes, and showing him on the bench getting talked to and needing a pep talk was sad as he was clearly shaken. 

19 hours ago, Marions Piazza said:

how about this conversation goes back to being about the Bills and what can they do to get over the tough loss?

I think Pitt perfectly planned their defense around a team that they knew would throw primarily to WRs, mostly ignore TE and RB screens and running the ball. Singletary averaged like 6 yards per carry the few times he touched the ball. I think Daboll's philosophy needs to adjust a little bit. Last year I think defenses didn't expect Allen to be able to pass the ball so well but this year Pitt laid the blueprint for slowing down our air attack.

Good post.

Schopp and Bulldog had on a guy from USA Today (?!) yesterday who I thought was just excellent. Ferrare, maybe? I can't recall hearing a talking sports person who more insight and who was able to relate it in such an understandable way. Anyway, his take on the Bills-Steelers game is in-line with what you initially say above -- they have elite personnel,  and had an excellent game plan that they executed superbly. It was especially interesting to hear him talk about how defensive game plans against Allen evolved from man coverage, blitzing, to zone schemes, to post-snap trickery, and so on. And how evolved safety-play in the NFL has allowed good defensive teams to play nickel or even dime, and not get overly gouged by the run.

Hopefully, the Bills O. can rebound against the Fish.

I'm not sure what Daboll is going to do about the run-pass imbalance. I do think he is committed to throwing the ball as much as possible. Perusing one of the Twitter accounts that reviews plays (Yards Per Pass?), I was reminded how, at times, the Steelers essentially begged the Bills to run. I mean, like there were times when there were 5 (4.5?) players in the box on the Steelers D. You *have* to be able to pick up 5 or 6 against fronts like that. Just take it.

The USA Today columnist recalled a Chiefs game last year when Clyde E-H (sp?) toted for ~25 carries and ~125 yards and a score because the opposing defense essentially dictated that sort of game flow from Mahomes. (Was that the Bills game?!)

I'm old enough to get reflexively fired up for Miami Week. Squish the Phish!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Agreed. It's flagrant enough at this point for multiple time offs.   Same people every time.  I know I am tired of this stupid game.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Good post.

Schopp and Bulldog had on a guy from USA Today (?!) yesterday who I thought was just excellent. Ferrare, maybe? I can't recall hearing a talking sports person who more insight and who was able to relate it in such an understandable way. Anyway, his take on the Bills-Steelers game is in-line with what you initially say above -- they have elite personnel,  and had an excellent game plan that they executed superbly. It was especially interesting to hear him talk about how defensive game plans against Allen evolved from man coverage, blitzing, to zone schemes, to post-snap trickery, and so on. And how evolved safety-play in the NFL has allowed good defensive teams to play nickel or even dime, and not get overly gouged by the run.

Hopefully, the Bills O. can rebound against the Fish.

I'm not sure what Daboll is going to do about the run-pass imbalance. I do think he is committed to throwing the ball as much as possible. Perusing one of the Twitter accounts that reviews plays (Yards Per Pass?), I was reminded how, at times, the Steelers essentially begged the Bills to run. I mean, like there were times when there were 5 (4.5?) players in the box on the Steelers D. You *have* to be able to pick up 5 or 6 against fronts like that. Just take it.

The USA Today columnist recalled a Chiefs game last year when Clyde E-H (sp?) toted for ~25 carries and ~125 yards and a score because the opposing defense essentially dictated that sort of game flow from Mahomes. (Was that the Bills game?!)

I'm old enough to get reflexively fired up for Miami Week. Squish the Phish!

begged the Bills to run...So just like Superbowl 25! flashbacks...

I do remember Clyde EH running all over us AND Kelce being un-stoppable in the AFCCG. We really need Daboll to get the ball in Motor's hands early to keep the D 'honest' (I hate that cliche but...) We need Knox to break out as well, he had 4 targets and caught them all against Pitt. We can't be a one trick pony and only throw to WRs and only run occasionally.

On to Miami, and yeah Squish the Fish!!!! Hopefully this is the game Allen needs to get back in the rhythm

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Taro T said:

The Stillers are a tough matchup for the Bills O.  Fortunately there aren't a whole lot of teams that can do what they do.  But, they have shown a blueprint for how to shut them down.  Daboll needs to get more creative, but not in a throw the ball to the running back 9 yards deep on 4th & 1 sort of way.  Expect he & crew will be up to the task Sunday.

Yeah their D is pretty elite and they were ready for our gameplan. I know what they were looking for on that 4th & 1, except that LB that came tearing in saw it coming from a mile away, he kept to his assignment and didn't fall for Allen's fake run. I remember the exact same setup years ago, 4th & inches, tossed it to McGahee and he tore down the field for 30 yards

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.