2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

We should ban all cars they kill significantly more people than infectious diseases every year.  Walking only. 

or better yet, ban football because it lowers the players life expectancy and quality of life due to repeated head trauma. 

This is called totally and utterly made up bull$#it that is supported by no facts whatsoever. 

11.0 deaths per 100k ppl for car accident deaths 

Source: https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/state-by-state#:~:text=There were 33%2C244 fatal motor,Columbia to 25.4 in Wyoming.

183.25 deaths per 100k ppl for COVID if you average all 50 States based on info from John Hopkins 

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Edited by LGR4GM
spelling and added sources!

how about this conversation goes back to being about the Bills and what can they do to get over the tough loss?

I think Pitt perfectly planned their defense around a team that they knew would throw primarily to WRs, mostly ignore TE and RB screens and running the ball. Singletary averaged like 6 yards per carry the few times he touched the ball. I think Daboll's philosophy needs to adjust a little bit. Last year I think defenses didn't expect Allen to be able to pass the ball so well but this year Pitt laid the blueprint for slowing down our air attack.

It will be interesting to see what we do to get the offense going against Miami and get back on track. I think we tried looking for the deep ball too much against Pitt, need to see more short passes and off tackle runs to keep the secondary honest. Seems easy, but yeah, there's a reason I'm not an offensive coordinator.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Marions Piazza said:

how about this conversation goes back to being about the Bills and what can they do to get over the tough loss?

I think Pitt perfectly planned their defense around a team that they knew would throw primarily to WRs, mostly ignore TE and RB screens and running the ball. Singletary averaged like 6 yards per carry the few times he touched the ball. I think Daboll's philosophy needs to adjust a little bit. Last year I think defenses didn't expect Allen to be able to pass the ball so well but this year Pitt laid the blueprint for slowing down our air attack.

It will be interesting to see what we do to get the offense going against Miami and get back on track. I think we tried looking for the deep ball too much against Pitt, need to see more short passes and off tackle runs to keep the secondary honest. Seems easy, but yeah, there's a reason I'm not an offensive coordinator.

The Stillers are a tough matchup for the Bills O.  Fortunately there aren't a whole lot of teams that can do what they do.  But, they have shown a blueprint for how to shut them down.  Daboll needs to get more creative, but not in a throw the ball to the running back 9 yards deep on 4th & 1 sort of way.  Expect he & crew will be up to the task Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is called totally and utterly made up bull$#it that is supported by no facts whatsoever. 

12.4 deaths per 100k ppl for car accident deaths

183.25 deaths per 100k ppl for COVID if you average all 50 States based on info from John Hopkins

You spend a lot of energy to not even give an actual source

Yes people WITH presumed covid exceeded car accident deaths in 2020. Because is a whole different story

and anyone who was going to die from Covid already has, so let’s balance that out over ten years. Influenza kills 1/4 as many as accidents do

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

We should ban all cars they kill significantly more people than infectious diseases every year.  Walking only. 

or better yet, ban football because it lowers the players life expectancy and quality of life due to repeated head trauma. 

Yes beacuse  everyone knows the side effects of covid years later you people need help 

49 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Yes people WITH presumed covid exceeded car accident deaths in 2020. Because is a whole different story

and anyone who was going to die from Covid already has, so let’s balance that out over ten years. Influenza kills 1/4 as many as accidents do

Where you going to move the goalposts next? I like how you keep changing, you are like a flip flopper who can only regurgitate the dumb talking points you probably heard on talk radio. "Let's rebalance that out over ten years"... lol what? You have to resort to this because your argument is a null and voided bs induced dumpster fire. Hell you should probably apologize for being so unbelievable wrong that it took me a whopping 2 seconds on google to prove it. Instead you reset the timeline to 10 year. Hell why don't we do 100 years, measles and typhoid fever used to kill millions of people, surely that is the disease we should focus on instead of Covid right? Oh wait, I forgot, some asshat scientists created a vaccine and now we don't have to deal with those anymore. Still if we "rebalance that over ten years" maybe it will equate. If you can't tell, the last few sentences are sarcasm to illustrate how shockingly awful your argument is, not to mention ignorant. 

Influenza kills about 25-60k ppl a year give or take... so that doesn't work either. Also you originally said "We should ban all cars they kill significantly more people than infectious diseases every year" and every infectious disease you have mentioned eclipses car deaths. Let alone if we just grouped all infectious disease together and compared it to car deaths either in 1 year or 20. What's next for you in the infectious disease pantheon? You are bound to find something eventually that falls below 12.4 per 100k.

You are wrong and so mind numbingly stupid that your argument is "lets spread this out over ten years" ... how about we don't spread out this pandemic for another 10 years and ppl like you get the MOFO shot and stop spotting your lies all over the internet? How bout that? After 18 months the real pandemic is common sense apparently. 

Gonna start talking about "natural immunity" next because that is the buzzword bs of the week. Can't wait for the retort and also thanks Nfreeman for forcing this conversation into the Bills thread because you could not just let the other thread go. I could have easily ignored that thread, kind of like the religion thread. 

PS. at no point in here do I mention anything to do with politics. 

Edited by LGR4GM

30 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

If I am @nfreeman, who is doing a thankless job very well, IMO and you guys a blasting him ... shameful, I'd move this messed up thread to the land of @LTS and @Eleven.

You (well, some) have ruined a perfectly good thread.  AGAIN!!

Guess Nfreeman shouldn't have closed the other thread and maybe... just maybe this conversation wouldn't be here. It could have stayed in that other thread and I could have happily ignored it while this thread gets Bills updates. Like that Gabe Davis is injured apparently. But I will be damned if I will let another nutbag stroll into here to downplay covid like triumph did. Welcome to the Rubicon. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

12.4 11.0 deaths per 100k ppl for car accident deaths

52 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Covid deaths per 100k in the US source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Motor Vehicles Deaths per 100k source: https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/state-by-state#:~:text=There were 33%2C244 fatal motor,Columbia to 25.4 in Wyoming.

Note I found updated numbers for motor vehicles... it is actually only 11 deaths per 100k

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

11.0 deaths per 100k ppl for car accident deaths 

Source: https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/state-by-state#:~:text=There were 33%2C244 fatal motor,Columbia to 25.4 in Wyoming.

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

We should ban all Liger’s from Sabrespace. They slaughter more @triumph_communesper Capita every year.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Covid deaths per 100k in the US source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Motor Vehicles Deaths per 100k source: https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/state-by-state#:~:text=There were 33%2C244 fatal motor,Columbia to 25.4 in Wyoming.

Note I found updated numbers for motor vehicles... it is actually only 11 deaths per 100k

It took you four emotional slam poetry sessions before you linked your first source. 

You are tying in overall death associated metrics of linked comirbidity cases with annual extremely specific metrics. Apples an oranges. Just going to CDC accidents alone accidents are 4x the flu on a normal year. Anything vehicle related a subsection do that of course. 

but there’s not much to argue when you can’t even get the other stats compared right. Not surprised, you treat hockey stats the same nonsense way. 

4 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

It took you four emotional slam poetry sessions before you linked your first source. 

You are tying in overall death associated metrics of linked comirbidity cases with annual extremely specific metrics. Apples an oranges. Just going to CDC accidents alone accidents are 4x the flu on a normal year. Anything vehicle related a subsection do that of course. 

but there’s not much to argue when you can’t even get the other stats compared right. Not surprised, you treat hockey stats the same nonsense way. 

And you have yet to provide a single source for anything you have said but please go on. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

You are completely cheapening the people who are losing loved ones due to COVID. Comorbidity or not, old age or not, their lives were shortened and their loved ones were lost prematurely because of COVID.

Should all car deaths that involve a secondary cause such as distracted driving, drinking and driving, rolling your eyes at the last Friedman non-rumor about Eichel and not seeing the pedestrian in front of you, and so on be removed from car deaths? We have a lot of laws to prevent car deaths. They’d be much worse if we didn’t.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

NHTSA 2020 deaths: 38,680 motor vehicle accidents. https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/2020-fatality-data-show-increased-traffic-fatalities-during-pandemic

2019 there were 36,096 deaths https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/state-by-state#:~:text=There were 33%2C244 fatal motor,per 100 million miles traveled.

2018-2019 Flu Season: 34,000 approximate deaths (because influenza deaths have to get estimated) 

2017/2018: the year before was 61,000 influenza deaths. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm#table1 

Comorbidity of vehicle accidents, didn't have a seatbelt, lets look at that, driving drunk, speed. If you can discount deaths due to Covid because someone was over 65 and had asthma than I should be able to discount crashes above 65mph or where a seatbelt wasn't involved. 

AND AGAIN for the kids in the back you said "We should ban all cars they kill significantly more people than infectious diseases every year. Walking only." which is more funny now because in those deaths by vehicle, is pedestrians and bicycles which clearly should now be excluded using your convoluted and deeply flawed logic. I used 1 single infectious disease, I didn't even do pneumonia which can be a comorbid factor in influenza deaths. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

NHTSA 2020 deaths: 38,680 motor vehicle accidents. https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/2020-fatality-data-show-increased-traffic-fatalities-during-pandemic

2019 there were 36,096 deaths https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/state-by-state#:~:text=There were 33%2C244 fatal motor,per 100 million miles traveled.

2018-2019 Flu Season: 34,000 approximate deaths (because influenza deaths have to get estimated) 

2017/2018: the year before was 61,000 influenza deaths. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm#table1 

Comorbidity of vehicle accidents, didn't have a seatbelt, lets look at that, driving drunk, speed. If you can discount deaths due to Covid because someone was over 65 and had asthma than I should be able to discount crashes above 65mph or where a seatbelt wasn't involved. 

AND AGAIN for the kids in the back you said "We should ban all cars they kill significantly more people than infectious diseases every year. Walking only." which is more funny now because in those deaths by vehicle, is pedestrians and bicycles which clearly should now be excluded using your convoluted and deeply flawed logic. I used 1 single infectious disease, I didn't even do pneumonia which can be a comorbid factor in influenza deaths. 

Talk about moving goalposts- you’re singling out lack of seatbelt when my comment referenced cars in general to  old asthmatics?  You realize the numbers you reference are deaths with presumed covid.  I.e people who died in car accidents who also tested positive on pcr?

Im not sure you understand what significant even means in the world of statistics

Maybe if you didn’t feel the need to end your post in a meme your emotional short circuiting wouldn’t be so obvious. 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Talk about moving goalposts- you’re singling out lack of seatbelt when my comment referenced cars in general to  old asthmatics?  You realize the numbers you reference are deaths with presumed covid.  I.e people who died in car accidents who also tested positive on pcr?

Im not sure you understand what significant even means in the world of statistics

Maybe if you didn’t feel the need to end your post in a meme your emotional short circuiting wouldn’t be so obvious. 

I was shocked at what i saw in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines trials. A smart 8 yr old would laugh at those pieces of scamola. And then the sheep start bleating the mantra 95% effective....95% effective. This whole scam followed by the vaccine nightmare has been a painful experience.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

You realized the numbers I referenced were influenza? Because AGAIN, you said "We should ban all cars they kill significantly more people than infectious diseases every year. Walking only." Which as demonstrated is complete bull crap. Influenza alone makes it bs, let alone if we include COVID which apparently 600k Americans didn't die from. 

Maybe if you provided a single source of anything I wouldn't continually prove you wrong. Still waiting on you even address ANY of the counter points. 

29 minutes ago, calti said:

I was shocked at what i saw in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines trials. A smart 8 yr old would laugh at those pieces of scamola. And then the sheep start bleating the mantra 95% effective....95% effective. This whole scam followed by the vaccine nightmare has been a painful experience.

Lol, at least I know to never read anything you ever post again. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.