2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

No one on Gods green Earth can be more pessimistic than Bills fans, especially this one.  I don’t need some yahoo Packers fan to tell me Jack shiznit about my team.  Right now, all of WNY is getting that “did we make a terrible mistake” feeling creeping into the back of their brains.  If Josh somehow pulls off flashing for one year with the season he had, plummeting back to rookie Josh.  This fanbase will burn the city to the ground.  If Josh becomes Trubisky, hell will hath no fury like a Bills fans scorned. We will hate Josh.  We will hate McBean, we will burn 17 jerseys in effigy.  

The defense looked average.  Edmunds continued to underwhelm.  CB2 continues to be a problem.  Why on Earth did Beane bring back this OL?  They sucked balls.  Sanders was a UFA for a reason.  The RB position needs a major upgrade.  The entire D-line was MIA yesterday.  Five first or second round picks up front and none of them were anything but doormats yesterday.  

I don’t need an outsider to tell me how much my team sucks. 

Boy, I'll say. They played a team that was 12-4 last year. And it was a one score game where we looked rusty.

I'm hopeful that, like the Arizona game last year, they will learn from this and learn to not lose.

My only concern is our recievers and has been for quite some time. They never win the battle for balls they have to fight for. Unless Joh delivers it perfectly, they never make the catch.

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

Right now, all of WNY is getting that “did we make a terrible mistake” feeling creeping into the back of their brains.  If Josh somehow pulls off flashing for one year with the season he had, plummeting back to rookie Josh. 

This is really the scary monster that's hiding under the bed, innit?

I don't think it will end up being the case, but still. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think the defense was good. Not very good - good. Generally, Big Ben was getting the ball out so fast that there was no opportunity to have a pass rush. That guy's arm is shot, but he has enough savvy to get the ball where it needs to be -- just no zip on it at all. Anyway, a good defense should be enough for this team, as built.

I will give credit where it's due: The Pittsburgh D is frickin' nasty. I don't recall seeing a single blitz, but they got pressure over and over.

And with specific regard to Sanders, he managed to get wide open for a sure fire touchdown, and Allen overthrew him.

I honestly don't think they're that good your o line was very bad I saw one of your guys give up everytime I'll have to look up who it was ..

And if allen hit his targets the game would have been over in the 2nd quarter imo 

17 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I'm glad they lost. The way they react will tell the story of the season. 

While I’m certainly not glad they lost, I have to look at the outcome this way.  Please learn and improve. They should be embarrassed and not show their faces in public until they right the ship.  What a disaster.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, calti said:

Dont blame the O line. better decision making by JA and better play calling would have nullified the strong pressure by the Steelers.

It was a very predictable outcome. -Bills are the better team IMO. Just thought that they would screw up this game.

If you guys can't beat tagovailoa the worst  Quarterback in the league then I think it's pretty much over with 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

The crowd played a factor he said himself he had a perfect opportunity to put an easy 6 up but Overthrow your receivers  Plenty of times

As he did many, many times last season with no crowds.

Yes, he was jacked up and playing too tight.  I’m sure that trying too hard to impress the 1st home crowd in 2 seasons was a factor, but you are trying to tell me that a failing O line and withering pressure by Pittsburgh was less of a factor than the home crowd in his performance.  

Read that again and tell me it doesn’t sound silly.

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

As he did many, many times last season with no crowds.

Yes, he was jacked up and playing too tight.  I’m sure that trying too hard to impress the 1st home crowd in 2 seasons was a factor, but you are trying to tell me that a failing O line and withering pressure by Pittsburgh was less of a factor than the home crowd in his performance.  

Read that again and tell me it doesn’t sound silly.

Nick wright said it best josh allen folds under big pressure games .

I believe in a quiet environment he probably would easily won this game.

Those throws he made yesterday would have been Touchdowns and easy receptions without the pressure of the crowd

Just my felling 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Nick wright said it best josh allen folds under big pressure games .

I believe in a quiet environment he probably would easily won this game.

Those throws he made yesterday would have been Touchdowns and easy receptions without the pressure of the crowd

Just my felling 

We watched Allan overthrow mid to long throws all season last year.  In quiet environments.  

He has folded a bit in big games.  He’s just getting used to being on that stage.  It’s an acquired skill.  

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

We watched Allan overthrow mid to long throws all season last year.  In quiet environments.  

He has folded a bit in big games.  He’s just getting used to being on that stage.  It’s an acquired skill.  

Hopefully he gets it fixed beacuse the Browns and chefs are the top dogs with the Ravens close by .

I also like the Chargers

2 hours ago, inkman said:

While I’m certainly not glad they lost, I have to look at the outcome this way.  Please learn and improve. They should be embarrassed and not show their faces in public until they right the ship.  What a disaster.  

They are going to lose some games. This was as good a time as any to get it out of the way.

It was bound to happen, Tomlin is a prideful guy and it trickles down to his team. They were tired of hearing about the Bills and no matter how humble they are in interviews the team ego was getting inflated with all the talk.

Now they can reset and play their game and I think they will. 

4 hours ago, inkman said:

The defense looked average.  Edmunds continued to underwhelm. 

The defense gave up 16 points and held Big Ben to under 20 completions with under 200 yards - a stat line he’s had once in the last five years. Najee Harris had 16 carries from 45 yards (under 3 yards a carry).

Tremaine Edmunds was strong early and played a role in keeping the run game down throughout the game and played well in the passing game. There was exactly one play where I thought he made a big mistake and it was on a run play where Milano got blown up and Edmunds way overcorrected, getting blocked because he went the wrong way.

Leslie Frazier coached a very good game, getting the defensive backfield involved in the run defense because they’ve got a handful of strong tacklers there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The defense gave up 16 points and held Big Ben to under 20 completions with under 200 yards - a stat line he’s had once in the last five years. Najee Harris had 16 carries from 45 yards (under 3 yards a carry).

Tremaine Edmunds was strong early and played a role in keeping the run game down throughout the game and played well in the passing game. There was exactly one play where I thought he made a big mistake and it was on a run play where Milano got blown up and Edmunds way overcorrected, getting blocked because he went the wrong way.

Leslie Frazier coached a very good game, getting the defensive backfield involved in the run defense because they’ve got a handful of strong tacklers there.

I have to agree you guy have a unit that looks like a top 5 finish this year.

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

They are going to lose some games. This was as good a time as any to get it out of the way.

It was bound to happen, Tomlin is a prideful guy and it trickles down to his team. They were tired of hearing about the Bills and no matter how humble they are in interviews the team ego was getting inflated with all the talk.

Now they can reset and play their game and I think they will. 

Miami gonna have a big ol chip on their shoulder.  We’ll see how that goes with team ego. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.