2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

37 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

- about 6 min into the 1st quarter, some dude sitting in great seats passed out, threw up all over himself and was carried out by security along with his sloppy drunk girlfriend.  Not sure why anyone would waste Bills tickets on a total blackout like that.

I hope that neither of them were driving. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Four reasons why the Bills lost:

1.  Player selection.  This team is not the same with Breida instead of Moss.  I like Breida, and I like his spirit, but he in no way is a substitute for Zach Moss.  I don't yet know why Moss was out, but he was missed.  Similarly, if Gilliam is on the roster and you're not going to use him in short yardage, well, then get him off of the roster.

2.  Preparedness.  That is the slowest O-Line I've seen in a long time.  Actually, the entire offense looked like they were hungover.

3.  Refs.  When will I see a game where I don't have to complain about the stripes?  The holding calls against Buffalo were legit (with the possible exception of the second one), but where were the corresponding calls on the other side of the ball?  The PI call against the Bills on the Steelers' go-ahead drive was absurd and looked planned.  And there was at least one play where a Steeler, tackled for a five- or six-yard loss, was given only a two yard loss.  Shabby as usual.  And shabby against the Bills as usual.  I'll leave it to others to decide whether it was deliberate.

4.  Coaching.  McDermott was way too conservative in the first half.  There were opportune times to go on fourth, but he punted, so he had to go on fourth late instead.  There were opportune times to pass, but he ran.  There was a flea-flicker on 3d and 1, which is nice and daring if you're going to follow it up with going for it on 4th and 1, but he didn't.  The same goes on the defensive side of the ball.  You've got a team with a completely new O-line.  BLITZ THEM.  No, no; let's play it safe and let the linebackers and secondary make tackles.  Really bad job.

Wasn't Gilliam the one that couldn't get ahead of Brieda to make a block on that blown up 4th down call?

And, yes, it looks like giving most all the O starters 2+ preseason games off was 1 too many.  They really only seemed in sync on that TD drive.

The reffing was awful but expect the Stiller fans were also complaining about it. Our O-line got away with a couple other uncalled tackles in addition to the 4 that were called.  But have no idea what the hold was on Tre.  Having the ball there in FG range after scoring the TD to end the 1st 1/2 could've finished the game right then.

As bad as the 4th down & a few other calls were, the real head scratcher IMHO was rushing to get 1 extra play in the 3rd Q off before the Q ended.  They were set to have 1st & 10 with the wind & a 4 point lead the start the 4th but ended up w/ 2nd & 10.  That blown up play was only 3rd & 1 w/out rushing Allen into throwing a duck.

Eh, hopefully the Fishies hold on against the Cheats so the Bills can put themselves back into a tie, at worst, for the division lead next week.

It looked to me like Allen was feeling the pressure of expectations, and it showed.  He’ll adjust.  Hopefully by game 3.

I felt like Josh didn’t see enough preseason action, the WRs didn’t come through in the clutch, the O line hurt us with penalties, and Wallace was targeted quite effectively.  And the punt block was a huge emotional moment.

33 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wasn't Gilliam the one that couldn't get ahead of Brieda to make a block on that blown up 4th down call?

And, yes, it looks like giving most all the O starters 2+ preseason games off was 1 too many.  They really only seemed in sync on that TD drive.

The reffing was awful but expect the Stiller fans were also complaining about it. Our O-line got away with a couple other uncalled tackles in addition to the 4 that were called.  But have no idea what the hold was on Tre.  Having the ball there in FG range after scoring the TD to end the 1st 1/2 could've finished the game right then.

As bad as the 4th down & a few other calls were, the real head scratcher IMHO was rushing to get 1 extra play in the 3rd Q off before the Q ended.  They were set to have 1st & 10 with the wind & a 4 point lead the start the 4th but ended up w/ 2nd & 10.  That blown up play was only 3rd & 1 w/out rushing Allen into throwing a duck.

Eh, hopefully the Fishies hold on against the Cheats so the Bills can put themselves back into a tie, at worst, for the division lead next week.

It wouldn’t matter if Gilliam blocked. There were three or four guys unblocked directly on them. The most inexplicable part of that play: they motioned a player through the formation right before the snap and, because the Steelers were in zone, they welcomed another player into that side of the defense while subtracting a blocker from our side. It was an unimaginable play design and terrible call. Timeout should have been called when they saw them in zone on the motion.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Green Bay getting smoked and looking way worse than the Bills, aye @Buffalonill ?

As another unrepentant, trolling, Packers fan -- sometimes it's good to get the garbage out of the way early. Now, it would be better to play the starters in the preseason a bit, especially if you're going to start a rookie center from day 1 and then learn midway through camp you're going to start a rookie guard as well. Instead, the Packers sat 30+ players each preseason game and elected to play 3rd-4th stringers and identify practice squad guys instead. The Saints played their starters. It showed. Beautifully.

But the key point is: the Packers will be fine. The Bills will also be fine. Never read anything into week 1 in the NFL. Especially with an extra week added to the season.

Note: And yes, it's odd to post to the Bills thread. But seriously, if you've ever visited a Packers board it's horribly depressing and reads like a youtube comments list. The 'Space on the other hand has lots of coherent folks with well-articulated discussions.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The OL was mediocre last year, yet BB brought the entire group back.  I think that group will be a problem all year long…especially in the running game. 

I always say the key in football is to have two solid front lines on both sides of the ball. You have a good offensive line it opens up the run game and it buys more time in the passing game. 

We may have been able to overcome a blocked punt for 6. We may have been able to overcome a lot of dropped passes. We may have been able to overcome some questionable coaching decisions. We may have been able to overcome some,... “tough” calls against us.

We weren’t going to overcome all of it. And it was still a one score game.

They gotta be better. I think they will be.

Hey, the regular season starts next week!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, drnkirishone said:

Was Pitts that good or did the Bills play that bad.

The second one.  The Bills played very poorly.  @PASabreFanblames Tim and Kerry.  

More seriously, this game SHOULD mean nothing.  The Bills SHOULD still win 13 games and Pittsburgh should be fighting for a wild card spot.

• Like (+1) 1

I was pretty sure the game was gonna be like this.

JA still needs to grow up as a football player...Very shaky carrying the ball like a loaf of bread and not sensing the rush.

And lonnnnnnnnnng stretches of non-existent offensive. Way too over confident fans based on a strong reg season stretch run

last year . Too thin of a resume.

That said...This team has a lot of talent and I liked the way the defense played in general.

JA sucked and the coaching was very poor ..But we still coulda won. Bills will be OK and win 10+ games.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

The question I have is. Was Pitts that good or did the Bills play that bad. Going to have to wait till next week for me to have an opinion on that

I just checked in to see this Bills stuff and I think you Bills fans are too hard on your team. Early in the year D is always ahead of O and in this game, the Pitt D was very very good. If they had an O to match that D they would be a superbowl contender but they do not. One of the best, if not the best front 7's in the league though. 

Bills will be fine. Relax. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

Ah to be a Bills fan.  Hopefully this is the kick in the pants we need, not another one of those seasons....

That ***** call on Tre was a backbreaker.  INT to bogus holding call.

Oh and Pittsburgh is legit.  Heyward and Watt are monsters.

No they're not you guys let them win it was embarrassing. 

14 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I think the worst part of this loss, is that our resident bills basher will sit down for his feast of I told you so's

You guys are the ones that   Crown yourself the best.

- I said the crowd noise would be a factor it did.

- You guys called me crazy for saying  Allen wouldn't be the same 

Like I said all hype and you guys seem to choke under pressure 

23 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You guys are the ones that   Crown yourself the best.

- I said the crowd noise would be a factor it did.

- You guys called me crazy for saying  Allen wouldn't be the same 

Like I said all hype and you guys seem to choke under pressure 

They sucked yesterday.... 0 percent of that was due to the home crowd.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.