2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

He did cut off the path. The WR was coming back to catch the ball and Levi ran into him. Offenses coach recievers to get that contact for that exact call and corners are coached to look back at that ball for that reason. 

So anytime a WR runs a route, they should just turn around and run into the coverage because that's apparently a penalty.  Get out of here with that ridiculous argument.

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

So anytime a WR runs a route, they should just turn around and run into the coverage because that's apparently a penalty.  Get out of here with that ridiculous argument.

I really don't understand your outrage it is something that has been called my entire adult life. You can hate the call but it is a common call. One that is easily avoided.

So onside kicks are pointless. Any ideas on some way to replace it?

6 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

I really don't understand your outrage it is something that has been called my entire adult life. You can hate the call but it is a common call. One that is easily avoided.

So onside kicks are pointless. Any ideas on some way to replace it?

Most of my outrage is really just frustration over the utter tripe that was on the field today.  And face guarding isn't a thing in the NFL, so please stop trying to say it is.  2e isn't faceguarding.

Four reasons why the Bills lost:

1.  Player selection.  This team is not the same with Breida instead of Moss.  I like Breida, and I like his spirit, but he in no way is a substitute for Zach Moss.  I don't yet know why Moss was out, but he was missed.  Similarly, if Gilliam is on the roster and you're not going to use him in short yardage, well, then get him off of the roster.

2.  Preparedness.  That is the slowest O-Line I've seen in a long time.  Actually, the entire offense looked like they were hungover.

3.  Refs.  When will I see a game where I don't have to complain about the stripes?  The holding calls against Buffalo were legit (with the possible exception of the second one), but where were the corresponding calls on the other side of the ball?  The PI call against the Bills on the Steelers' go-ahead drive was absurd and looked planned.  And there was at least one play where a Steeler, tackled for a five- or six-yard loss, was given only a two yard loss.  Shabby as usual.  And shabby against the Bills as usual.  I'll leave it to others to decide whether it was deliberate.

4.  Coaching.  McDermott was way too conservative in the first half.  There were opportune times to go on fourth, but he punted, so he had to go on fourth late instead.  There were opportune times to pass, but he ran.  There was a flea-flicker on 3d and 1, which is nice and daring if you're going to follow it up with going for it on 4th and 1, but he didn't.  The same goes on the defensive side of the ball.  You've got a team with a completely new O-line.  BLITZ THEM.  No, no; let's play it safe and let the linebackers and secondary make tackles.  Really bad job.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

4.  Coaching.  McDermott was way too conservative in the first half.

I thought the opposite.  Seemed like he tried for the big play too much in the first half and they didn't work.  In the second half when they needed big plays they didn't even try them.  wtf McClappy?

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I thought the opposite.  Seemed like he tried for the big play too much in the first half and they didn't work.  In the second half when they needed big plays they didn't even try them.  wtf McClappy?

I know you only quoted part of that paragraph; did you read the rest?  He didn't do anything with his chances early and so he was stymied later when the steelers knew he had to go big.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

No, I'm talking about Levi.  I don't like that call at all.  He had every right to be in that spot.

Oh yea no you’re wrong. That was an obvious pass interference. Levi Wallace is absolutely garbage.

32 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

McDermott has nothing to do with the offensive play calling. Everything you just said is relevant only to Daboll and Allen (audibles).

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

If you aren’t making a play for the ball and get in the path of a player trying to make a play, making contact before the play is being made, it’s the very definition of pass interference.

10 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Looked like a bunch of WRs dropped some passes.  Not sure if it was on them or JA.

There were like two dropped passes and one that didn’t matter because of a hold.

The atrocious play calling and equally disgusting decision making by the Bills brass is what cost them the game.

They assembled all of these offensive weapons, to not be aggressive with them? The Browns aggressiveness in their 1st half against the Chiefs is how the Bills should’ve been against the Steelers. Instead, they decided to be passive. It allowed the Steelers to hang around. There was also a lack of aggressiveness on the D side as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

My 2 cents, having attended the game:

- we lost but it was a great day.  It was supposed to rain but didn’t, everyone was very psyched to be back and in a great mood and the stadium was LOUD.

- JA was lousy again, for the 3rd game in a row, including the last 2 playoff games.  He made some good throws but missed a bunch of them.  I’ll say it again:  the best teams get elite QB play, and the Bills aren’t going to beat good teams if JA doesn’t raise his game.

- I also agree with those upthread criticizing the coaching, in particular the offensive play-calling.  Dabol got way too cute a number of times.  There were also a couple of times in the 1st half where they should’ve gone for it on 4th down.

- on our way into the stadium, we saw, walking in as a group, Cozens, Mitts, Quinn, UPL, Samuelson, Okposo and a couple of others who looked like Sabres but whom we couldn’t identify. Nobody really stopped them or gathered around them.  UPL and Samuelson are big dudes, and Mitts and Quinn are pretty solidly built, but Cozens looks skinny.

- about 6 min into the 1st quarter, some dude sitting in great seats passed out, threw up all over himself and was carried out by security along with his sloppy drunk girlfriend.  Not sure why anyone would waste Bills tickets on a total blackout like that.

All in all a fun day.  I sure hope they look better next week though.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.