2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

Just now, JujuFish said:

No, I'm talking about Levi.  I don't like that call at all.  He had every right to be in that spot.

It was a face guard. You can not like it all you want but it has been called that way for years. Like the commentator said all he had to do was turn his head to avoid the call

Just now, drnkirishone said:

It was a face guard. You can not like it all you want but it has been called that way for years. Like the commentator said all he had to do was turn his head to avoid the call

If all you need to do is turn your head for a call not to be PI, and literally change nothing else, then it shouldn't be a PI to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

The past like 20 years of games shows it as such

ARTICLE 2. PROHIBITED ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are pass interference include,
but are not limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;
(b) Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;
(c) Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass;
(d) Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and regardless of whether the
player committing such act is playing the ball;
(e) Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball;
(f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior to the
ball arriving; or
(g) Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating separation.

The absolute best argument you can make is by playing on the vague 2a by saying that Levi wasn't playing the ball (i.e. didn't look back) and restricted the opportunity to catch.  I mean, anyone defending the ball is trying to restricting the opponent's opportunity to catch, so that's a horribly worded sentence.

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

No, it really hasn't.  That's almost never called.  And people complain when that kind of play is called.

It is called all the time. It literally called face guarding

1 minute ago, JujuFish said:

ARTICLE 2. PROHIBITED ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are pass interference include,
but are not limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;
(b) Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;
(c) Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass;
(d) Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and regardless of whether the
player committing such act is playing the ball;
(e) Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball;
(f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior to the
ball arriving; or
(g) Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating separation.

The absolute best argument you can make is by playing on the vague 2a by saying that Levi wasn't playing the ball (i.e. didn't look back) and restricted the opportunity to catch.  I mean, anyone defending the ball is trying to restricting the opponent's opportunity to catch, so that's a horribly worded sentence.

2e clearly was the call

3 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Uh, Levi didn't cut off the path.  That's an even worse call, if that's what it went down as.  Oof.

He did cut off the path. The WR was coming back to catch the ball and Levi ran into him. Offenses coach recievers to get that contact for that exact call and corners are coached to look back at that ball for that reason. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.