2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

On 9/7/2021 at 10:00 PM, Buffalonill said:

Ben is washed he is going to have a  Peyton Manning year like 2015 

On 9/7/2021 at 10:21 PM, JujuFish said:

I feel old; I think this must be slang kids are saying these days.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:41 PM, Buffalonill said:

He did nothing in that superbowl absolutely zero and it was embarrassing watching him struggle. 

It's a pretty common term and I'm older then you. 

On 9/8/2021 at 7:40 AM, JujuFish said:

1. It very well might be.  I'm a bit of a social recluse, so it's more than possible that I haven't been exposed to it.

2. I guess that's your way of saying you're very old, because you don't know how old I am.

Washed - someone lazily decided to drop the “up” from washed up and sheeple decided they were all lazy too.  The term incites rage within me.  Words mean things.  WTF does “washed” mean?  At face value, it’s moronic. Is the player clean now? Did they take a bath?  Beyond ***** stupid. Don’t get me started with “Stan”.  I used to think we were headed toward an idiocracy.  Now I’m certain we passed that threshold long ago.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

What were yous all told about engaging our resident Bills basher?

Guys, it's not that hard to not engage that dude.

Of all the Bills bashers out there he is the most bashiest and doing it in a Bills fans thread is low.  He has stated on more than one occasion that he will go away if wwe don't reply to his nonsense.

Are you serious so me not picking the bills for the Super Bowl pick is bashing the bill ? 

It's called having an opinion

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Are you serious so me not picking the bills for the Super Bowl pick is bashing the bill ? 

It's called having an opinion

It's not your opinion that's the problem.  How you express it is suspect at best.

You must realize that when you post ...

Can't believe they hype josh allen is getting and now  Being projected to win the Super Bowl.

Buffalo doesn't do good under pressure good luck .

Lombardi trophy is coming back to the Packers

That is not really a good way of expressing your opinion.  Of course, this is just my opinion.

59 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It's not your opinion that's the problem.  How you express it is suspect at best.

Can't believe they hype josh allen is getting and now  Being projected to win the Super Bowl.

That is not really a good way of expressing your opinion.  Of course, this is just my opinion.

Exactly.  No one is bothered by fans not picking the Bills.  In fact I relish it.  I don’t like my real getting all this hype.  It’s the dismissive, disrespectful tone of the words that’s the problem.  Share your opinion.  Just try not to use words that would get you punched in the face in real life.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

So when people don't agree with you on ESPN or NFL network they're bashing the bills? Seriously you can't be this soft guy? 

Good luck on your season I'm sorry I don't think you're a contender. 

But hey its my opinion 

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So when people don't agree with you on ESPN or NFL network they're bashing the bills? Seriously you can't be this soft guy? 

Good luck on your season I'm sorry I don't think you're a contender. 

But hey its my opinion 

You just don't get it.

That's okay.  I give up.

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Washed - someone lazily decided to drop the “up” from washed up and sheeple decided they were all lazy too.  The term incites rage within me.  Words mean things.  WTF does “washed” mean?  At face value, it’s moronic. Is the player clean now? Did they take a bath?  Beyond ***** stupid. Don’t get me started with “Stan”.  I used to think we were headed toward an idiocracy.  Now I’m certain we passed that threshold long ago.  

I know you’re main gripe seems to be with the removal of “up” from washed up but the term originated over 100 years ago and refers to someone in theatre who has left the stage and washed off their makeup, thus no longer being able to perform.

Language is fluid and the ability to quickly learn new or modified terms is a talent of note for a country where most only know one language.

Edited by Hoss

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I know you’re main gripe seems to be with the removal of “up” from washed up but the term originated over 100 years ago and refers to someone in theatre who has left the stage and washed off their makeup, thus no longer being able to perform.

Language is fluid and the ability to quickly learn new or modified terms is a talent of note for a country where most only know one language.

Given the context where I’ve heard or read the term, there is a zero percent chance the users understand that context. 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/washed/

22 minutes ago, inkman said:

Given the context where I’ve heard or read the term, there is a zero percent chance the users understand that context. 

There’s no need to. I didn’t know it until I googled it like a year ago. Where do any words come from? Who cares. We know what they mean. Sometimes we don’t but then we learn.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.