2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Only 1 billion is for the stadium. 400k is for Key Bank renovations. 

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't think 400k  (aka $400,000) will go very far in fixing Key Bank

Liger's math is good.  GA neglected to factor in the mob and politician payouts.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Only 1 billion is for the stadium. 400 million is for Key Bank renovations. 

Not sure how accurate this is because the numbers keep moving. The $400M for the Sabres stadium was part of a reported initial proposal of $1.5B. This is $1.4B and mentions the Bills stadium exclusively so who knows what the latest is.

Yeah - this latest report talks about a price tag of $1.4B for the football stadium.

And 60,000 would be the smallest in the league, but that is, as others have noted, the trend.

I am sure they've worked up the economics of it. These modern stadiums don't throw cash by piling in 80,000 unwashed commoners -- they make money by having high-end price points for luxury suites, club seats, PSL's.

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

sorry 400million 

This was disputed by Tim Graham a little bit ago:

Why is the Buffalo Sabres’ arena getting roped into this?

I’m told PSE has not asked for a penny to renovate the 25-year-old KeyBank Arena. Not yet anyway.

The Sabres’ lease runs until 2025. PSE is said to be focusing solely on the Bills’ stadium with the intention of addressing KeyBank Center afterward.

https://theathletic.com/2761986/2021/08/10/bills-new-stadium-faq-heres-what-were-hearing-and-what-we-know-about-the-project/

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah - this latest report talks about a price tag of $1.4B for the football stadium.

And 60,000 would be the smallest in the league, but that is, as others have noted, the trend.

I am sure they've worked up the economics of it. These modern stadiums don't throw cash by piling in 80,000 unwashed commoners -- they make money by having high-end price points for luxury suites, club seats, PSL's.

The soiled ill-bred? The foul unsophisticated? The uncouth?  The coarse and vulgar?   Careful, that's our "identify fan". 

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hoss said:

Cam Lewis was abysmal in games. Johnson* wasn’t cut, he was traded. Hollister will be re-signed.

I wish people would find a new joke. They made this one several years ago in Carolina and it was made every time a white backup QB looked good behind Cam.

I still like it

14 hours ago, FogBat said:

Read the last sentence in this article. It's no wonder Jerry Jones is one of the most hated men in the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/04/jerry-jones-wants-the-bills-to-stay-in-buffalo/amp/

Jerry Jones has so much power and sway in the NFL despite failing to do anything worth discussing on the field in decades.

• Like (+1) 1

My nephew is coming up from Florida for hunting season and wanted to see the Bills-Pats. So he bought tickets. We'll be down in 108 close to the field. I would have advised him to get a little higher (shut up, @Eleven), but I wasn't consulted. (Actually, I would have advised him to buy a lot higher, as in the upper deck. These tickets were well over $200 bucks. Ouch.) My brother, the nephew's father, won't attend because of the black national anthem, kneeling or some such other nonsense.

It'll be an interesting experience. I haven't been to a regular season since 2000, I think. Whatever year they played SD. Flutie was the QB. Since then, as I've mentioned here, I fell out of love with the Bills and divorced them. I am resolved, however, for one night to have sex with my ex. I am going to fake it beyond belief. Most of all, I just want it to snow. Really hard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.