2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

Well, whether he grows into the player the Bills envisioned when they drafted him, he'll be a Bill for at least 2 more years.  Surprising absolutely nobody, the Bills exercised both 5th year options they had until today to accept.

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, whether he grows into the player the Bills envisioned when they drafted him, he'll be a Bill for at least 2 more years.  Surprising absolutely nobody, the Bills exercised both 5th year options they had until today to accept.

Except Howard Simon, who said today that he didn't see how they were going to get this done today.  Around 8:45 am.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

In the middle of his shoulder injury when it was probably impossible for him to get leverage. I also saw multiple plays where he did exactly what he needs to do mixed in there just to make the video longer. A few where he met the running back in the hole but the hole was so big because the dline got tossed out of the way.

It reminds me of when people were pissed he missed a tackle on Cam Newton, probably the hardest QB to bring down in NFL history, in the open field. You want him making those plays but it doesn’t get harder than that.

If you put together a highlight reel of Josh Allen’s worst plays and watched it over and over you’d want him out of Buffalo, too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

In the middle of his shoulder injury when it was probably impossible for him to get leverage. I also saw multiple plays where he did exactly what he needs to do mixed in there just to make the video longer. A few where he met the running back in the hole but the hole was so big because the dline got tossed out of the way.

It reminds me of when people were pissed he missed a tackle on Cam Newton, probably the hardest QB to bring down in NFL history, in the open field. You want him making those plays but it doesn’t get harder than that.

If you put together a highlight reel of Josh Allen’s worst plays and watched it over and over you’d want him out of Buffalo, too.

It was from one game

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

In fairness, this was in the midst of his shoulder injury.

Sounds stupid 

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Sounds stupid 

Ha.

The thing that I saw a few times in that footage - something that, as far as I know, has nothing to do with a bum shoulder - was Edmunds shooting the wrong gap. That's consistent with the frustration many have had with his game.

• Like (+1) 2

Edmunds is frustrating because he possesses the physical traits of a beast but they only flash occasionally.

He's had some really good games, against the Dolphins, for some reason (because it's dad's old team?) 

Couple years ago when the Bills clinched a playoff berth against the Steelers in the brothers matchup he was the best brother by far. 

Consistency would help him and that may come with experience and maturity. 

Edited by Norcal

50 minutes ago, inkman said:

It was from one game

I know. Point still stands. And several of those plays from that game were actually good plays that the creator of the video either threw in knowing the average eye would fail to see or they failed to see themselves.

39 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Edmunds is frustrating because he possesses the physical traits of a beast but they only flash occasionally.

He's had some really good games, against the Dolphins, for some reason (because it's dad's old team?) 

Couple years ago when the Bills clinched a playoff berth against the Steelers in the brothers matchup he was the best brother by far. 

Consistency would help him and that may come with experience and maturity. 

Yup. Maybe he puts it all together this year with a better line to help plug some of the holes. We shall see. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Coming from a packers fan you all need to chill on edmunds.

Hes the same age as the dude you picked in the 2nd round .

Think about that 

You and hoss make it sound like ppl want to trade him or hate him. All anyone has done is noted his inconsistent play and sometimes poor decision making. 

If fans on a message board can't be critical of a player idk who can.

Edited by LGR4GM

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You and hoss make it sound like ppl want to trade him or hate him. All anyone has done is noted his inconsistent play and sometimes poor decision making. 

I mean you compared him to Ristolainen, a guy you have an entire thread championing him to be traded.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It’s mostly just exhausting seeing Bills fans complain about him constantly when they should be celebrating him being around. He has flaws and needs to continue improving but he gets better every year when he’s healthy and there’s no reason to believe he won’t be a starting-caliber linebacker with All-Pro potential for us for at least another ten years.

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

It’s mostly just exhausting seeing Bills fans complain about him constantly when they should be celebrating him being around. He has flaws and needs to continue improving but he gets better every year when he’s healthy and there’s no reason to believe he won’t be a starting-caliber linebacker with All-Pro potential for us for at least another ten years.

Because we all saw what Mahomes did to him and ‘just another year’ isn’t the hope needed to not have him undressed like that next time. 

Half a new d line is a start, but let’s see

Not hearing the trade calls on him. Just that he isn’t worth banking on. 

which goes back to a strategy McBeane have been using for the drafts- they go for physical traits over skill and trust in their coaching. That’s a very boom or bust type of strategy. I’m not saying it’s wrong, but it also means they’ve got to smarten up and call their handpicked spades a spade when push comes to shove. 

and Edmunds is trying to bank in after we take his 5th year option. It matters soon

Beane had no problems purging all the guys he didn’t bring to the team. Can he purge his own?  I think yes, but he’s not immune to the criticism until he does it to guys he’s drafted. He’s only done it to UFA pickups. 

Edited by triumph_communes

I just wonder how many 6’5” middle linebackers have had success in the NFL.  Seems like most if not all are 5’10”- 6’3”.  Low center of gravity, speedy wrecking machines.  Edmunds has the physique of an OLB in a 3-4 defense.  Just something to think about.  

6 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Because we all saw what Mahomes did to him and ‘just another year’ isn’t the hope needed to not have him undressed like that next time. 

Half a new d line is a start, but let’s see

Not hearing the trade calls on him. Just that he isn’t worth banking on. 

which goes back to a strategy McBeane have been using for the drafts- they go for physical traits over skill and trust in their coaching. That’s a very boom or bust type of strategy. I’m not saying it’s wrong, but it also means they’ve got to smarten up and call their handpicked spades a spade when push comes to shove. 

and Edmunds is trying to bank in after we take his 5th year option. It matters soon

Beane had no problems purging all the guys he didn’t bring to the team. Can he purge his own?  I think yes, but he’s not immune to the criticism until he does it to guys he’s drafted. He’s only done it to UFA pickups. 

This is what it comes down to (and usually comes down to), IMHO.  He's a good player, but not a great player, and how much will his 2nd contract cost? 

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Isn't your quarterback on record saying hes not gonna get vaccinated? 

This is how false internet rumors start. He never said he wouldn’t get vaccinated. He said he wanted to see the numbers first. He will get vaccinated. Hopefully they make a big deal about it so some of the mindless souls who care what athletes do will get one too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Isn't your quarterback on record saying hes not gonna get vaccinated? 

20 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This is how false internet rumors start. He never said he wouldn’t get vaccinated. He said he wanted to see the numbers first.

I don't think either of the takes above get it quite right with regard to what Allen said about the COVID-19 vaccinations. I've said my piece about it upthread. Allen definitely related an unwarranted level of vaccination skepticism, and made  some vague reference to "stats" in order to substantiate his view.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.