2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

And for those talking about how young he is, Risto even to this day is referred to at times as "young". At some point after x number of pro years, I think you're just a vet.

That did Tremaine for the next couple years should improve. 

He is a veteran at 22. That is the point being made.

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Beane picked three guys with tons of upside but all of them need development.  

1. Gregory Rousseau, DL - Only one year of college football.  265 lbs 6'7." 15.5 sacks in his one season (2019).  Raw player.

2. Boogie Basham, DE -  281 lbs, 6'3" Wake Forest DE - Plays run well and can get to the QB

3. Spencer Brown , OL - 311 lbs 6'8"  Small School OL who is a converted basketball player.  Another Raw player.

This looks like a boom or bust draft.  Would really like to have seen a CB.  Still need TE help as well.

I liked the Basham pick a little more than Rousseau, because he has tenacity and uses his hands very well.  He's also get a healthy motor. 

Oh and Edmunds is 23 tomorrow so let's stop acting like he's some bright eyed college kid who can't drink yet. 

He's got 3 full years of pro experience and had some issues last year. He doesn't process the play in motion how I'd like. 

Risto - big physical guy with all the tools who makes questionable decisions

Edmunds - big physical guy with all the tools who makes questionable decisions. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Edmund a has low football IQ in a position that favors having the instincts over the muscles. Good QBs target edmunds and that’s all the tell you need. They knew he was raw, tried to teach him the instincts, and it’s never sunk in. 

I believe you can teach technique but not instincts. Was a bad pick. 

Same goes for Risto. He has all the muscles and tools but he is prone to stupid stupid plays whenever he gets excited. Doesn’t help he’s run down like a mule. 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh and Edmunds is 23 tomorrow so let's stop acting like he's some bright eyed college kid who can't drink yet. 

He's got 3 full years of pro experience and had some issues last year. He doesn't process the play in motion how I'd like. 

Risto - big physical guy with all the tools who makes questionable decisions

Edmunds - big physical guy with all the tools who makes questionable decisions. 

He 23 which is still younger than a good number of draft picks this year, last year and the year before that. Risto and Edmunds are not comparable this is dumb.

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No it isn't. 

Literally said in the next sentence I expect improvement. 

Yes it is. I’m the one making the point. I know what point I’m making. 😉 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I think he need to be moved outside.  Too tall and lanky to take on guards to get to the ball carrier.  He’s probably decent in coverage but he’s no where near Milano in coverage ability.  I look at LBs in the league that attack the line of scrimmage and make plays.  What I see Edmunds doing is reacting too late, taking a bad angle or penetrating the wrong hole.  He’s ok.  Maybe he’ll be better with an actual one technique in front of him.  I see Poyer and Hyde make way more plays at the line of scrimmage than Edmunds. 

What an incredibly stupid perspective.

🙄 

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

This is definitely a hockey forum with how far off the collective evaluation of Tremaine Edmunds is. If they were to put him on the trade market every single team in the league would come calling and they’d have a selection of firsts to choose from.

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

I haven’t been frustrated by anything on this forum since returning but the Risto comparison is incredibly stupid.

You obviously want Tremaine to cut down on missed tackles but he’s a guy that’s involved in most plays and he’s been the leader of good defenses since he stepped onto an NFL field.

Also of note: there are exactly 40 players in this year’s draft (including multiple players already drafted) that are older than him. Speaking of which: happy early 23rd birthday to the under-appreciated Tremaine Edmunds who turns 23 next year. Buffalo likes to pick a random player or two on all their teams to run out of town. Tremaine is closer to Ryan O’Reilly than he is to Rasmus Ristolainen. 

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

He 23 which is still younger than a good number of draft picks this year, last year and the year before that. Risto and Edmunds are not comparable this is dumb.

Yes it is. I’m the one making the point. I know what point I’m making. 😉 

These are the kind of gems that no one misses when you are on leave.

Do better or keep quiet.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.