2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Why do we give a damn what a person who throws a ball for a living thinks about this topic? IDGAF what he does or doesn't do and I REALLY DGAF about what he thinks about most topics in life. Throw ball. Win game. Don't actively hurt people. That's all I need him to do.  

I agree for the most part. On one hand he is a public figure with a massive influence, so like it or not his opinion does really matter; some people may take his opinions and agree with it and justify their own stances, or be swayed by them.

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

And that's their own problem. If you take life or medical advice from Josh Allen, or Jenny McCarthy, or Kardashians or any of a host of other people who we ask questions that we shouldn't ask questions then you deserve what happens to you.

But do you deserve what happens to you when they listen to someone like that?  If the circle of harm was limited only to those who believed that way then it would be easy to ignore.

3 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Why do we give a damn what a person who throws a ball for a living thinks about this topic? IDGAF what he does or doesn't do and I REALLY DGAF about what he thinks about most topics in life. Throw ball. Win game. Don't actively hurt people. That's all I need him to do.  

I do care that if he doesn't get the vaccine, then there's a greater chance that he might miss a bigger portion of the season. 😁

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

The call in the ez at the start of the second half was wack too. You can't just make up rules and determine intent as you go along. The guy didn't down the ball. That was a touchdown. Just like when a guy spikes the ball before he scores, his intent was to score, but he didn't.

The even more egregious aspect of that call was it was made by the 2nd set of officials that weren't even reffing the game. 

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

The even more egregious aspect of that call was it was made by the 2nd set of officials that weren't even reffing the game. 

Shadow refs that we didn't know existed.  Only the Bills can summon shadow refs.... 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/9/2021 at 1:30 PM, WildCard said:

I agree for the most part. On one hand he is a public figure with a massive influence, so like it or not his opinion does really matter; some people may take his opinions and agree with it and justify their own stances, or be swayed by them.

I wonder how the Bills and the NFL feel about His Comments knowing that more people being vaccinated will to necessary for full stadiums in the Fall. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we’re less than a week out and I’ve settled on what I want in round one. I think the first round is almost definitely CB or DE in an ideal world (the Chiefs acquiring a legit tackle makes this even more true).

Jaycee Horn from South Carolina is the IDEAL pick that almost definitely will not be there. He’s a lanky and strong man corner and it’d be a nightmare for opposing WRs to face him and Tre any week. He’s got the athleticism to backup his physical game, too.

Realistically, my clear top two are Greg Newsome (CB from Northwestern) and Jayson Oweh (DE from Penn State).

On Newsome: This dude feels made for the Bills. He’s got all the athleticism and the fluidity in his hips that you need from a defensive back in the NFL. Enough speed to keep up with next-level receivers. He has limited experience which is the only big worry here because he’s got everything else you want. He’s probably going to make a lot of plays at the next level because how fluid he is in changing direction.

On Oweh: I am almost always against the “tools” guys but this guy is the shining stars of having the tools to be a superstar. He’s a freak athlete with speed you never see on the defensive line and don’t underestimate the strength here. The big knock on him that prevents him from being a top five lock is he just doesn’t seem to have been coached. He gets off the ball with no plan and no go-to moves. Just rushes the passer hoping to beat the guy across from him and he often did. Zero sacks in seven games this year but he made things happen. I think this staff will absolutely turn him into a star once they get him to play lower and use the size/strength combo.

The next few are:

Asante Samuel Jr (CB, FSU) who doesn’t have the size I think they want back there but he’s like his dad in that he’s a ball hawk.

Joe Tryon (DE, Washington) is a guy I’m higher on than many. He is one of those dudes who scares you when you line up on the other side. He’s got several pass-rushing moves already that just need to be refined and he’ll have to get better in the run game. Issue here is you probably want him to add weight for a 4-3 and I don’t know that they want to draft another guy that needs to  adjust weight to fill a role since that didn’t go well with Epenesa last year.

Gregory Rousseau, Caleb Farley or Jaelen Phillips are guys that are falling late that could be the picks here which would sort of go against what the Bills normally do but they’ve built the roster where they could take that risk.

Into round two I still like looking corner (Campbell, Robinson), pass rush (Basham, Perkins) but I also think TE (Freiermuth, Jordan), IOL (Dickerson, Humphrey, Davis, Smith, Meinerz) and WR (R. Moore, Eskridge) come into play there. Linebacker/safety hybrid is also probably higher on their list than we might think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

Okay, we’re less than a week out and I’ve settled on what I want in round one. I think the first round is almost definitely CB or DE in an ideal world (the Chiefs acquiring a legit tackle makes this even more true).

Jaycee Horn from South Carolina is the IDEAL pick that almost definitely will not be there. He’s a lanky and strong man corner and it’d be a nightmare for opposing WRs to face him and Tre any week. He’s got the athleticism to backup his physical game, too.

Realistically, my clear top two are Greg Newsome (CB from Northwestern) and Jayson Oweh (DE from Penn State).

On Newsome: This dude feels made for the Bills. He’s got all the athleticism and the fluidity in his hips that you need from a defensive back in the NFL. Enough speed to keep up with next-level receivers. He has limited experience which is the only big worry here because he’s got everything else you want. He’s probably going to make a lot of plays at the next level because how fluid he is in changing direction.

On Oweh: I am almost always against the “tools” guys but this guy is the shining stars of having the tools to be a superstar. He’s a freak athlete with speed you never see on the defensive line and don’t underestimate the strength here. The big knock on him that prevents him from being a top five lock is he just doesn’t seem to have been coached. He gets off the ball with no plan and no go-to moves. Just rushes the passer hoping to beat the guy across from him and he often did. Zero sacks in seven games this year but he made things happen. I think this staff will absolutely turn him into a star once they get him to play lower and use the size/strength combo.

The next few are:

Asante Samuel Jr (CB, FSU) who doesn’t have the size I think they want back there but he’s like his dad in that he’s a ball hawk.

Joe Tryon (DE, Washington) is a guy I’m higher on than many. He is one of those dudes who scares you when you line up on the other side. He’s got several pass-rushing moves already that just need to be refined and he’ll have to get better in the run game. Issue here is you probably want him to add weight for a 4-3 and I don’t know that they want to draft another guy that needs to  adjust weight to fill a role since that didn’t go well with Epenesa last year.

Gregory Rousseau, Caleb Farley or Jaelen Phillips are guys that are falling late that could be the picks here which would sort of go against what the Bills normally do but they’ve built the roster where they could take that risk.

Into round two I still like looking corner (Campbell, Robinson), pass rush (Basham, Perkins) but I also think TE (Freiermuth, Jordan), IOL (Dickerson, Humphrey, Davis, Smith, Meinerz) and WR (R. Moore, Eskridge) come into play there. Linebacker/safety hybrid is also probably higher on their list than we might think.

This was too long to read.

Why do you want them to trade up for Lawrence?  Allen is fine.

• Haha (+1) 1

Running back has always felt like a wildcard at 30 because the team clearly isn't getting the production it needs out of the RB position but there's also some thought that it's because of the offensive line. I've now seen three different reports that Etienne to the Bills could be a thing ... smokescreen or real thing?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.