2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I am color blind and don’t have any issue seeing any colors of any NFL unis. I love the color rush unis.  LOOOOOOVVVVEEE then. 

The "all reds" in the flurries and night game against Pittsburgh during the holiday season were absolutely perfect.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I am color blind and don’t have any issue seeing any colors of any NFL unis. I love the color rush unis.  LOOOOOOVVVVEEE then. 

My buddy has red/green color blindness. That Thursday night game against the Jets was brutal for him.

Are the Bills better then last year on paper?  Swapped Sanders for Brown, Powell or McKenzie for Roberts, replaced the punter, replaced Yeldon with Breida, and swapped Hollister for Lee Smith at TE.  The only real significant upgrade with Trubisky replaced Barkley.

Unless the get an impact player in the draft and or Gabe Davis and Epenesa take a huge leaps forward, this team looks status quo.  Not a bad thing, but it's hard to see this team beating KC.

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are the Bills better then last year on paper?  Swapped Sanders for Brown, Powell or McKenzie for Roberts, replaced the punter, replaced Yeldon with Breida, and swapped Hollister for Lee Smith at TE.  The only real significant upgrade with Trubisky replaced Barkley.

Unless the get an impact player in the draft and or Gabe Davis and Epenesa take a huge leaps forward, this team looks status quo.  Not a bad thing, but it's hard to see this team beating KC.

They didn't really have the space to do it in one offseason, but it seems like it's going to take a while to dominate in the trenches against the best teams. 

The DL did great against Baltimore, but both lines were swallowed against the Chiefs 

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think it still remains to be seen.  There's still a lot of good players left out there unsigned.  I'm guessing they're value shopping at this point for good players especially in areas of need.

I really liked the Adams signing.  He's going to be a contributor and I'm sure he didn't cost much.  Now that the spending money around the league is pretty much gone, I think the Bills will pick up some more good players for good prices as guys take lesser deals with teams that look like contenders.  And the Bills are finally contenders and can compete for those players.

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He'll be better in Carolina, but I don't see him ever being anything more than a backup. A 2nd is way too much for him.

I’m going to disagree.  This kid is a good player who played for 3 or 4 coaches on a terrible team with poor lines and no weapons.  Get him on a real team with real weapons and you’ll be surprised.  

Is he Josh Allen? No, but he reminds me on Tannehill.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

2nd next year though so worth the gamble. 

He has one year left on his rookie deal and then you have to pay him. You won't pay him a ton, but still it will be more. There's nothing he's done that indicates he will be successful; I know Gase is awful but Darnold inspired nothing either. Top that with the Jets are clearly going for a QB and Darnold is useless for them, I just don't see how that doesn't scream 3rd/4th round pick for that guy.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m going to disagree.  This kid is a good player who played for 3 or 4 coaches on a terrible team with poor lines and no weapons.  Get him on a real team with real weapons and you’ll be surprised.  

Is he Josh Allen? No, but he reminds me on Tannehill.

We'll see. I'll agree to disagree for now, but if Darnold becomes only the 2nd USC QB to be worth anything, after everything he's been through, I'll be surprised.

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

He has one year left on his rookie deal and then you have to pay him. You won't pay him a ton, but still it will be more. There's nothing he's done that indicates he will be successful; I know Gase is awful but Darnold inspired nothing either. Top that with the Jets are clearly going for a QB and Darnold is useless for them, I just don't see how that doesn't scream 3rd/4th round pick for that guy.

We'll see. I'll agree to disagree for now, but if Darnold becomes only the 2nd USC QB to be worth anything, after everything he's been through, I'll be surprised.

Carolina picked up his fifth year option so he will get over $19M guaranteed for the 22/23 season. Maybe not $250M but not chump change.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:21 PM, SwampD said:

My buddy has red/green color blindness. That Thursday night game against the Jets was brutal for him.

That is actually pretty common, even I have a slight red/green colour blindness -  Ruined my eyes at school looking at green school boards.  
A lot of guys get a light variation from it 🙂

Edited by Huckleberry

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Congratulations if you had "anti-vaxer" on the Josh Allen Knocked Off Pedestal Bingo Card.

How are you getting he's an anti-vaxer from that? He toed the line like a politician sure but all he said was people should decide for themselves, not vaccines will give you autism. 

41 minutes ago, WildCard said:

How are you getting he's an anti-vaxer from that? He toed the line like a politician sure but all he said was people should decide for themselves, not vaccines will give you autism. 

It's right there to be inferred. The both-sides-ism/I'm-just-asking-questions approach is tell-tale -- as is his reference to the Constitution.

I would have seen this differently if he had said, more or less: For myself personally, I'm getting vaccinated. It's the right thing to do for society as a whole so that we can move past this thing.** But it's a choice that is going to be personal to everyone. I won't tell other people what they should do.

** Which happens to be what the science says.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:36 AM, That Aud Smell said:

It's right there to be inferred. The both-sides-ism/I'm-just-asking-questions approach is tell-tale -- as is his reference to the Constitution.

I would have seen this differently if he had said, more or less: For myself personally, I'm getting vaccinated. It's the right thing to do for society as a whole so that we can move past this thing.** But it's a choice that is going to be personal to everyone. I won't tell other people what they should do.

** Which happens to be what the science says.

I'm with WC on this.  I think he was trying to be as neutral as possible to not upset anyone.  I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

4 hours ago, JujuFish said:

I'm with WC on this.  I think he was trying to be as neutral as possible to not upset anyone.  I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

Disagree. The neutral response is in-line with what I spit-balled above.

Allen said he is "still debating" whether to get vax'd in the midst of a global pandemic. He said that statistics and logic will be his guiding lights in deciding whether to get vax'd. He added that he could go either way at this point on the matter. 

What statistics? What logic? If you're going off stats and logic (i.e., science), then you're getting vax'd. End of story. This is nothing more than a diplomatically-phrased questioning (i.e., rejection) of the indisputably overwhelming need for mass vaccinations in order to beat this damn virus.

Whatever. The greatest QB of all time is into all kinds of nonsense and snake oil remedies, so the fact that our guy is a public health doofus shouldn't hurt his prospects as a franchise QB. 

I mean, what do you want him to say? He toed the line like a politician. If he says he's all for it I'm sure he'll piss off some other group too. Even if he wasn't and he really doesn't believe in it, I'm not exactly surprised for a farming guy from California who went to college in Wyoming and lives in Buffalo.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

I mean, what do you want him to say? He toed the line like a politician. If he says he's all for it I'm sure he'll piss off some other group too. Even if he wasn't and he really doesn't believe in it, I'm not exactly surprised for a farming guy from California who went to college in Wyoming and lives in Buffalo.

Should he be worried about pissing off people who are opposed to getting the vaccine?

Is it a fair reading of his comment to say Josh is going to look into whether statistics show the personal benefit of getting the vaccine is greater than the risk and that he is not thinking about society at large? "Am I at risk of getting really sick from/dying of Covid?"

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Should he be worried about pissing off people who are opposed to getting the vaccine?

Is it a fair reading of his comment to say Josh is going to look into whether statistics show the personal benefit of getting the vaccine is greater than the risk and that he is not thinking about society at large? "Am I at risk of getting really sick from/dying of Covid?"

If he should be doing everything for society at large he should just donate his salary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.