2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

On 3/20/2021 at 8:38 PM, inkman said:

I would fly into a rage every single time.  Like yo “If you yocals actually used the English language as intended, we wouldn’t be having this moronic conversation right now”. 

Dude you live in a city where hot sauce is not something that is put on wings.  Although the "Coke" thing is a few levels worse.

I call it by its name.  I'll have root beer, ginger ale, cola, or Sprite, Coke, Dr. Pepper.  Not that I drink any of it, but it seems to remove all debate.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Is this a reference to garbage plate meat sauce?

Yes. When I moved to Rochester and asked for hot sauce on things they kept putting meat sauce on it. You have to order hot wing sauce to get that sauce.

It should be called a meat sauce.  Anyway.... it was just pointing out that Rochester's got some issues with names too. 🙂

Now back to the Bills.  Saw the recent mentions that Sanders had been looking at the Bills because of Josh Allen and Trubisky also had that interest because of how Allen was turned around.  That's some positives on the football front for Buffalo and this ownership team. If only they could do it with the hockey organization.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Yes. When I moved to Rochester and asked for hot sauce on things they kept putting meat sauce on it. You have to order hot wing sauce to get that sauce.

It should be called a meat sauce.  Anyway.... it was just pointing out that Rochester's got some issues with names too. 🙂

Where did you go that this happened haha I've never had this issue before

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, WildCard said:

Where did you go that this happened haha I've never had this issue before

Man.. it was over 20 years ago now, I don't recall exactly.  It happened 3-4 times before I learned to just order hot wing sauce. These days I don't know what would happen as I usually order hot wing sauce if I cam getting it with something other than wings. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, LTS said:

Man.. it was over 20 years ago now, I don't recall exactly.  It happened 3-4 times before I learned to just order hot wing sauce. These days I don't know what would happen as I usually order hot wing sauce if I cam getting it with something other than wings. 

The only place that would do that is a place that specializes in garbage plates or Tom Wahls.  

So I Mosied on over to TBD, found the draft simulator and channeled my inner Beane.

Here's what I came up with on the first try. Yes, some horse trading took place.

89. Patrick Jones EDGE Pitt

93. Hunter Long TE Boston College

94. Trill Williams CB Syracuse

96. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis

98. Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE Vanderbilt

108. Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

2022 DET 2nd

2022 PIT 2nd

2022 PHI 3rd

2022 NE 3rd

2022 NO 3rd

2022 ATL 3rd

not a bad haul i thought 🙂

Edited by Scottysabres

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

So I Mosied on over to TBD, found the draft simulator and channeled my inner Beane.

Here's what I came up with on the first try. Yes, some horse trading took place.

89. Patrick Jones EDGE Pitt

93. Hunter Long TE Boston College

94. Trill Williams CB Syracuse

96. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis

98. Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE Vanderbilt

108. Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

2022 DET 2nd

2022 PIT 2nd

2022 PHI 3rd

2022 NE 3rd

2022 NO 3rd

2022 ATL 3rd

not a bad haul i thought 🙂

What or whom are you trading away? Are you trading out of the 1st and 2nd rds to pick up 3rd round players?  The Bills need help as CB, OL, DL, RB and TE.  While I like that you addressed those positions, the Bills need a starting caliber CB to beat out Wallace.  I can see moving down from the 1st to the early second to pick up an extra 3rd and grab one of Stokes, Campbell or Samuel there, but I don't see them moving out of both top rounds.  By passing the 70 -80 best players doesn't seem like a sound strategy.  

My ideal scenario would be for Najee Harris somehow falls into the 2nd rd.  Buffalo  trades their 1st to Philly at 37 for the 37 and 70th pick.  They take Harris with that pick.  Then they package the 61st and 93rd to move up to 52 and grab Samuel or Stokes.  With the 70th pick they grab a DL or TE.

Start with 30, 61 and 93 and exchange it for 37, 52 and 70, getting  Harris, Samuel and Jordan or Freiermuth at TE.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What or whom are you trading away? Are you trading out of the 1st and 2nd rds to pick up 3rd round players?  The Bills need help as CB, OL, DL, RB and TE.  While I like that you addressed those positions, the Bills need a starting caliber CB to beat out Wallace.  I can see moving down from the 1st to the early second to pick up an extra 3rd and grab one of Stokes, Campbell or Samuel there, but I don't see them moving out of both top rounds.  By passing the 70 -80 best players doesn't seem like a sound strategy.  

My ideal scenario would be for Najee Harris somehow falls into the 2nd rd.  Buffalo  trades their 1st to Philly at 37 for the 37 and 70th pick.  They take Harris with that pick.  Then they package the 61st and 93rd to move up to 52 and grab Samuel or Stokes.  With the 70th pick they grab a DL or TE.

Start with 30, 61 and 93 and exchange it for 37, 52 and 70, getting  Harris, Samuel and Jordan or Freiermuth at TE.

It kept offering me trades, at 30, then at 61, so I kept counter offering lol.

Eight 3rd rd picks and two 2nds in addition to the Bills own 1st and 2nd next year is nothing to sneeze at. That will keep good talent, both starting and depth in the system at cost control for a bit. Well worth leaving the 30 and 61 behind.

If, however, you'd like to bring in an impact player now, to push the team further over the top (I feel the Bills have the talent now, before this draft even takes place, to win the Super Bowl), then it is my opinion your not getting that impact player at 30 or 61, your going to have to move up in the draft by combining the two picks.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Nice. Was really hoping for his return with Roberts gone, and his speed is a great threat on some of our creative plays.

I know Robert’s is a Pro Bowler but I never got the feeling he was going to break one.  McKenzie OTOH always looks to be a missed tackle away from doing so.  I’ll take Isiah in that role all day. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

I know Robert’s is a Pro Bowler but I never got the feeling he was going to break one.  McKenzie OTOH always looks to be a missed tackle away from doing so.  I’ll take Isiah in that role all day. 

Very true. I do remember Isaiah bobbling a few in 2018 though, so we might be sacrificing sure hands for that explosiveness.

Not that I wanted Roberts back, even though I like him - the $ didn't make sense this offseason

• Like (+1) 1

Bills should be moving up, 16 with Arizona, 20 with Chicago, or, if Harris is still there, definitely 25 with Jacksonville. They should use future picks, not current, to get it done. They'll need an impact RB, and Harris is all that. They'll also need 30 to get a CB that can put Wallace in a nickel or dime setting.

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Bills should be moving up, 16 with Arizona, 20 with Chicago, or, if Harris is still there, definitely 25 with Jacksonville. They should use future picks, not current, to get it done. They'll need an impact RB, and Harris is all that. They'll also need 30 to get a CB that can put Wallace in a nickel or dime setting.

Big no from me on trading up for a RB. I'm more willing to take one at 30 than a lot of people but no way this team is in a position to give up a handful of players on rookie deals to land a RB.

11 hours ago, inkman said:

I think we might miss Roberts' ability to consistently give the offense good field position and not realize it.

9 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

They signed a depth DE and restructured White's contract to free up cap space. Somethings coming, Beane going all in for a Bowl run it looks like.

They were already over the cap and will need about $6M to sign the draft class so currently they don’t have any money even with the restructure. But the salary cap is also made up so we’ll see. It feels like they’re pretty content hoping continuity is the answer which would be an interesting approach considering they haven’t improved as everyone in the division does. They also haven’t improved from a place where they couldn’t contend against the Chiefs.

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

For all you advocating RB at pick 30 this year no dice

Meh!  I like the player in general, but what does he bring to the Bills that Singletary and Moss don't already bring.  Who blocks, who gets the tough yards, who catches the important 3rd down passes?  

Honestly this is one of the first moves by McBeane I don't understand where he fits in the puzzle other then added depth.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.