Great rant on WGR this morning

Cal Naughton Jr

2 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Still speculation.  If anything, Tortorella is getting sick of his situation in Columbus.  He's been there 6 years.  That's about his time limit to flame out anyway.

1 minute ago, Thwomp! said:

Still speculation.  If anything, Tortorella is getting sick of his situation in Columbus.  He's been there 6 years.  That's about his time limit to flame out anyway.

Oh yeah it’s all just speculation at this point. But there is a TON of it out there. Same with our guy. I’d take Torts in a heartbeat 

15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Fify  😉

seriously, I can’t listen to the rant. Won’t play. Hmmmm....

You didn't though. Equating Newsmax to really anything else is like equating the Sabres to another NHL team... sure it's the same league but one is a propaganda spewing nonsense rag and the others are hockey teams. 

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You didn't though. Equating Newsmax to really anything else is like equating the Sabres to another NHL team... sure it's the same league but one is a propaganda spewing nonsense rag and the others are hockey teams. 

MSNBC is the absolute king of that. I won’t convince you otherwise. And visa versa. It’s why comments like the original shouldn’t be spewed here on hockey threads. IMO. But it’s not the first and won’t be the last unfortunately.  Internet tough guy bullying or ganging up on posters like we all see once in awhile sucks too. But that topic is for another thread.

On THIS topic ... the rant sounded half scripted to me. Half genuine.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

MSNBC is the absolute king of that. I won’t convince you otherwise. And visa versa. It’s why comments like the original shouldn’t be spewed here on hockey threads. IMO. But it’s not the first and won’t be the last unfortunately.  Internet tough guy bullying or ganging up on posters like we all see once in awhile sucks too. But that topic is for another thread.

I'm not ganging up on anyone. 

Yes, you won't convince that Newsmax is the same as MSNBC because it isn't and that's simply a fact. MSNBC is similar to Fox News. Newsmax is similar to idk... I'd have to go way left to find it, I am sure it exists but it isn't MSNBC. 

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

So you think the rant was partially scripted? To what end and by whom?

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes, you won't convince that Newsmax is the same as MSNBC because it isn't and that's simply a fact. MSNBC is similar to Fox News. Newsmax is similar to idk... I'd have to go way left to find it, I am sure it exists but it isn't MSNBC. 

And I believe it is. Believe what you want.... 👍🏼

I think he sounded partially scripted. Simple. I’m not gonna psycho analyze or speculate to what end.  And to a degree Jeremy did also.  It’s just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

And I believe it is. Believe what you want.... 👍🏼

I think he sounded partially scripted. Simple. I’m not gonna psycho analyze or speculate to what end.  And to a degree Jeremy did also.  It’s just my opinion. 

I believe both shouldn't be watched but one is just blatant propaganda. And just so I'm very clear, cnn is not similar or comparable to newsmax.

Idc if he was partially scripted. Good on him for writing his thoughts out b4 calling. 

Edited by LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I believe both shouldn't be watched but one is just blatant propaganda. And just so I'm very clear, cnn is not similar or comparable to newsmax.

Idc if he was partially scripted. Good on him for writing his thoughts out b4 calling. 

And I view parts of MSNBC and parts of Newsmax equally disgusting.  CNN isn’t that bad, but It’s just plain trash IMO.

I wasn’t asking for anyone to care about my opinion of it being scripted. I was just making an observation of what I think of the “rant”.  And the add on by Jeremy. Simple. 👍🏼

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

And I view parts of MSNBC and parts of Newsmax equally disgusting.  CNN isn’t that bad, but It’s just plain trash IMO.

I wasn’t asking for anyone to care about my opinion of it being scripted. I was just making an observation of what I think of the “rant”.  And the add on by Jeremy. Simple. 👍🏼

Understood

15 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Fox? Or isn't that a consideration? Asking for a friend.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NEWSMAX and a slew of others both in broadcast and print are not news organizations, they are propaganda arms of the political entities they align with.

That is the bottom line truth. Facts have a funny way of not changing, even when the entities spend vast volumes of wealth and time to try and alter the narrative of them.

Edited by Scottysabres

1 minute ago, Radar said:

Fox? Or isn't that a consideration? Asking for a friend.

So it matters to you? I don’t see why, but Ok.... I don’t watch a whole lot of Fox. But I think some of their programming is very good. And some of the opinion shows (from what I Remember), range from “lame” to “gaslighting” to “meh” to “indifferent”.  You feel differently? Anyone feel differently? I couldn’t possibly care less. 👍🏼
I try to stay away from most cable news nowadays. I do catch an hour here or there once in a while.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So it matters to you? I don’t see why, but Ok.... I don’t watch a whole lot of Fox. But I think some of their programming is very good. And some of the opinion shows (from what I Remember), range from “lame” to “gaslighting” to “meh” to “indifferent”.  You feel differently? Anyone feel differently? I couldn’t possibly care less. 👍🏼
I try to stay away from most cable news nowadays. I do catch an hour here or there once in a while.

Sorry for my sarcasm. Cable news? I'm with you.

You can add the legacy broadcast "news" networks (i.e. CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS) to that same list. All corporate big media that selectively reports on the narrative propaganda of their worldview.  Independent mefia and doing your own homework to read/view ORIGINAL SOURCES (& unedited) are the only way to get news anymore.  It takes work, but truth matters.

7 hours ago, Radar said:

Sorry for my sarcasm. Cable news? I'm with you.

You can add the legacy broadcast "news" networks (i.e. CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS) to that same list. All corporate big media that selectively reports on the narrative propaganda of their worldview.  Independent mefia and doing your own homework to read/view ORIGINAL SOURCES (& unedited) are the only way to get news anymore.  It takes work, but truth matters.

Edited by Jävə Keith

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.