GDT: 2/28/21, 3pm ET, Philadelphia @ Buffalo, MSG & ESPN+

jsb

14 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's like the Sabres are my cigarettes and you guys are the guys I chain smoke with while driving around aimlessly on a Friday evening - I didn't even notice the rest of the NHL playoffs last fall, only heard of offseason moves at the dinner table, and have only seen a combined ~15 periods of Sabres hockey since this "season" began - solely because it's the only hobby I share with my sister, and I like to spend time with her. 

I've been hit by the massive club that is shifting priorities in your mid-20s - it's a shame the Bills couldn't have put that run together one season earlier, because I didn't enjoy it the way I would have on the other side. It barely moved the needle actually, and the Sabres are likewise occupying about 3% of my brain and 0% of my emotional state.

Nevertheless I reached out to Taro last week, and just like that, I found myself watching both Sabres games this weekend, and then listening to GR this morning (wow!). The pull was nonexistent for months, but for some reason it came back. The Sabres aren't actually cigarettes, and the only negative thing I'm doing to myself in returning is cementing my image as one of those guys who leaves in a temper tantrum only to come crawling back...twice now! Good lord. I promise I'm not like this in real life.

Luckily I bet circumstances around the team and "season" in general mean I'm far from the only one slinking in and out from/for long hibernations, so maybe it'll go unnoticed..

Not a fan of the jerseys. Other than that, we've all seen this game on repeat for the last decade, so nothing to add. I don't even think it bothers me that they're bad whatsoever. I miss the community of watching sports with the bros more than anything else. 

Flagg's return to SabreSpace is what sparks the Sabres turnaround. They WILL make the playoffs. 

14 hours ago, SwampD said:

FLAGG!!!

Good to hear from you.

Told you guys the low point was yesterday. With Flagg back, we're making' the playoffs!

34 minutes ago, Hank said:

Flagg's return to SabreSpace is what sparks the Sabres turnaround. They WILL make the playoffs. 

Idk guys, the last playoff appearance from this franchise came just a couple months before I discovered this site for the first time. It is more likely that I am a curse. 

25 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Idk guys, the last playoff appearance from this franchise came just a couple months before I discovered this site for the first time. It is more likely that I am a curse. 

Would you like to compare the records of Buffalo’s two professional teams since I started two websites, to their previous records?

I got yer curse right here buddy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.