GDT: 2/28/21, 3pm ET, Philadelphia @ Buffalo, MSG & ESPN+

jsb

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Why do you think what non-negative statements Ralph Krueger says to the media matters to the players? I appreciate the response, but I’m trying to figure out if I’m in the locker room why I’m supposed to care about this.

Because Jack is 24

He’s 24. A child. I would be shocked if he didn’t care what the world thought of him. 

If Jack is hampered by injury and his coach is telling everyone he’s fine, I mean that’s obviously going to affect the perception of Jack and most people care how they are perceived

1 minute ago, SDS said:

You edited your comment after I replied.

Why isn’t this simply Ralph not telling people how a player got injured so they don’t know the exact nature of the injury? LBI and UBI became a thing for a reason. 

Well because he didn’t “not tell”, he outright lied. And you know how lying is, if he lied about this injury, why not the one he was supposedly “over”? 

19 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Didn’t watch a minute of either weekend matinee.  I can see it was another solid effort.  

I’d love to be a fly on the wall for tomorrow’s KA/KP meeting followed by KA/RK meeting.  What the heck is being said amongst them?  Seriously...are they spouting “stay the course” malarkey?

They have meetings? 😳

44 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

How do get shutout twice in a row, at home, and not lose your job? The Flyers have never posted two consecutive road shutouts until today.

Only in Buffalo. A lot of organizations fire coaches for much much less. As we just saw in Montreal and it happens every year in this league. 

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Eichel: I got hurt in NJ
 RK: Hurt in warm ups 

wow Ralph lied! Badly! 

Ralph with his lies will now lose any last shred of credibility with the media in this town and thankfully this should be the beginning of the end for him behind the bench. I’d expect the local media will start picking away at his carcass until there is little left. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SDS said:

Why do you think what non-negative statements Ralph Krueger says to the media matters to the players? I appreciate the response, but I’m trying to figure out if I’m in the locker room why I’m supposed to care about this.

Quite often players and coaches lie about injuries to keep a player from being targeted.  In this case the injury was announced.  Jack corrected the origin the injury the record.  

Do you want your boss/manager/coach to tell others an accurate representation of why you are not at work?   Some people think that it’s important for the head coach to know important details regarding his 23 players?  Particularly your star player.  Jack might not care either way, but some people do and should not be a surprise.  

38 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Quite often players and coaches lie about injuries to keep a player from being targeted.  In this case the injury was announced.  Jack corrected the origin the injury the record.  

Do you want your boss/manager/coach to tell others an accurate representation of why you are not at work?   Some people think that it’s important for the head coach to know important details regarding his 23 players?  Particularly your star player.  Jack might not care either way, but some people do and should not be a surprise.  

Lol. I know losing sucks, but are there no guard rails on the level of criticism people will go to?

14 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, this is interesting times as a Sabres fan.

The players, the coaching staff is all the fan base really hears from. The GM and owners have not addressed any of this. I find that very interesting.

Just asked my brother back in Buffalo about that.  They got to say something soon.  I'm guessing when the fans come back.

It should be pretty bleak by then.

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Have you heard?  There are meetings even!

I don’t care if they fire Ralph. He is another coach that extracted the same record from an ever changing group of players. I will never care about answers in press conferences. In any sport, at any time. It’s hard to wrap my mind around a team that can’t score 5v5 and is at the bottom of the standings and caring about a comment about an injury.

I would say good luck extracting $7 million to buy out the contract from owners who have put the team under financial scrutiny.

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Look at the Bills.  They are not wet noodles.  Remember the late hit on Allen?   Fours guys jumped on, two of them were throwing punches.  Pegula owns the Bills. 

Even Ralph wants them to fight more.  Dahlin just said they need to fight harder.  I’m not even taking about gloves off fighting, I’m talking fight for the puck, take the body, be physical, back each other up.  

it’s the players.  They are lazy and weak.  The bad culture that everyone talks about comes from the players, not the team, the logo, the uniforms, or any of that.  The PLAYERS set the culture, with the coach.  The 70’s and 80’s Sabres were tough.  Nolan and Ruff had very  tough teams.  You need the right kind of players.  We don’t have them.  We rarely draft them. When we acquire them they lose their edge with players that won’t back them.  

Dahlin said after the game that they need to fight.  Why didn’t he fight.  Philly had a guy out there goading him.  Just drop’em and go.  

With all due respect Punch this isn’t the Bills. Clearly the Pegulas used a different formula with the Bills. Their track record with the Sabres is littered with bad decisions going back 10 years. I agree they need toughness and heart. To accomplish that they’ll have to move some out that don’t appear to have any. 

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

With all due respect Punch this isn’t the Bills. Clearly the Pegulas used a different formula with the Bills. Their track record with the Sabres is littered with bad decisions going back 10 years. I agree they need toughness and heart. To accomplish that they’ll have to move some out that don’t appear to have any. 

You know the Pegula’s got lucky by finally hiring a good coach and a GM that has done a solid job. I’m still not sold on this team because if they would have gotten by the Chiefs they would be 0-5. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.