GDT: 2/28/21, 3pm ET, Philadelphia @ Buffalo, MSG & ESPN+

jsb

1 hour ago, bunomatic said:

This team has the make up of the owners. Basically wet noodles. The pegulas like to bring in ‘ their type of people ‘. The same type of people offended by Mr. Potato Heads masculinity. We need guys with heart.

Look at the Bills.  They are not wet noodles.  Remember the late hit on Allen?   Fours guys jumped on, two of them were throwing punches.  Pegula owns the Bills. 

Even Ralph wants them to fight more.  Dahlin just said they need to fight harder.  I’m not even taking about gloves off fighting, I’m talking fight for the puck, take the body, be physical, back each other up.  

it’s the players.  They are lazy and weak.  The bad culture that everyone talks about comes from the players, not the team, the logo, the uniforms, or any of that.  The PLAYERS set the culture, with the coach.  The 70’s and 80’s Sabres were tough.  Nolan and Ruff had very  tough teams.  You need the right kind of players.  We don’t have them.  We rarely draft them. When we acquire them they lose their edge with players that won’t back them.  

Dahlin said after the game that they need to fight.  Why didn’t he fight.  Philly had a guy out there goading him.  Just drop’em and go.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I’m in Vegas and to be honest with you I don’t think either of those coaches could fix this squad long term. Gallant was let go easily twice and Beaudreau is much worse. 

I'll take short term for now. Get em turned around and headed in the right direction atleast then go from there.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This would have to involve Jack telling Krueger he was hurt and Krueger not asking “when and how?” 

Maybe.

Maybe the conversation at that time didn’t go into details. 🤷🏻 Ultimately, why does it matter? Bettor’s in Vegas?

1 minute ago, Trettioåtta said:

Or he hurt himself in NJ and twinged it during the warm up

Sure. There are lots of possible iterations here and I’m not sure any of those iterations provide meaningful insight on anything.

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Look at the Bills.  They are not wet noodles.  Remember the late hit on Allen?   Fours guys jumped on, two of them were throwing punching.  Pegula owns the Bills. 

Even Ralph wants them to fight more.  Dahlin just said they need to fight harder.  I’m not ever taking about gloves off fighting, I’m talking fight for the puck, take the body, be physical, back each other up.  

it’s the players.  They are lazy and weak.  The bad culture that everyone talks about comes from the players, not the team, the logo, the uniforms, or any of that.  The PLAYERS set the culture, with the coach.  The 70’s and 80’s Sabres were tough.  Nolan and Ruff had very  tough teams.  You need the right kind of players.  We don’t have them.  We rarely draft them. When we acquire them they lose their edge with players that won’t back them.  

Dahlin said after the game that they need to fight.  Why didn’t he fight.  Philly had a guy out there goading him.  Just drop’em and go.  

100% and Eichel drives by with a shoulder on him "hey don't do that!". How about just start pummeling him. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

Maybe.

Maybe the conversation at that time didn’t go into details. 🤷🏻 Ultimately, why does it matter? Bettor’s in Vegas?

Sure. There are lots of possible iterations here and I’m not sure any of those iterations provide meaningful insight on anything.

Well, we know Krueger lied. There’s no way the head coach didn’t know when it happened, that would be gross negligence. If he didn’t, that’s even worse. 

We know Jack cared enough to correct him. 

4 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

I want Jack to snap and show he is a leader that loves his teammates and will do whatever it takes to win.

Also there was 1 minute left in the game and they were down 3-0.  Were you still feeing good about a comeback?

Jack is a young man, if he doesnt have mentors guiding him to become a great captain he will eventually lose conficende in him self and that is exactly what has happed now. Period.

5 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

I want Jack to snap and show he is a leader that loves his teammates and will do whatever it takes to win.

Also there was 1 minute left in the game and they were down 3-0.  Were you still feeing good about a comeback?

🙄

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

I’d still like to hear why this actually matters in any way, shape or form.

He’s lying to the media about his star player. Jack cared enough to correct it. If he’s lying about this, why not about how Jack was supposedly “healthy” before that? 

I could see the captain becoming disenfranchised quite quickly with a players coach who goes out of his way to remove the injury excuse from JE if he’s actually injured. 

It makes Jack look bad if he says he’s healthy and he’s not. Ralph knows this. 

This is a player we know has been upset with the franchise. It’s just gaslighting him in the end 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Didn’t watch a minute of either weekend matinee.  I can see it was another solid effort.  

I’d love to be a fly on the wall for tomorrow’s KA/KP meeting followed by KA/RK meeting.  What the heck is being said amongst them?  Seriously...are they spouting “stay the course” malarkey?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

He’s lying to the media about his star player. Jack cared enough to correct it. If he’s lying about this, why not about how Jack was supposedly “healthy” before that? 

I could see the captain becoming disenfranchised quite quickly with a players coach who goes out of his way to remove the injury excuse from JE if he’s actually injured. 

Why do you think what non-negative statements Ralph Krueger says to the media matters to the players? I appreciate the response, but I’m trying to figure out if I’m in the locker room why I’m supposed to care about this.

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It makes Jack look bad if he says he’s healthy and he’s not. Ralph knows this. 

This is a player we know has been upset with the franchise. It’s just gaslighting him in the end 

You edited your comment after I replied.

Why isn’t this simply Ralph not telling people how a player got injured so they don’t know the exact nature of the injury? LBI and UBI became a thing for a reason. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.