GDT: 2/28/21, 3pm ET, Philadelphia @ Buffalo, MSG & ESPN+

jsb

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Anaheim, Ottawa, and Detroit are in complete rebuilds.  This is year 5 of ours and yet we are circling the drain with them. I can’t see this team winning more than 10 more games this year. 

I count it at 8.  The same time it took to build the Erie Canal with shovels!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

So, when does the "Eichel, Reinhart and Risto want out" thread fire up?

Asking for a friend.

Ristolainen just battled through a heinous virus that took him over 2 weeks to recover from and possibly long-term health effects on his lungs, heart, etc. He should demand a trade to a contender because life can go awry at any time.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

What is the likelihood anyone throws a reckless hit or tries to initiate a fight in order to wake up his teammates? You know, the kind of thing any other roster in the NHL would do when down 3-0 at home late in the 2nd and needing to send a message that the third period is going to be different.

I'm afraid that would be the final humiliation. We'll start a fight and end up with our guy leaking all over the ice. But, yeah I'd like to see someone get at least a little pissed.

Just now, Torpedo Forecheck said:

I'm afraid that would be the final humiliation. We'll start a fight and end up with our guy leaking all over the ice. But, yeah I'd like to see someone get at least a little pissed.

Possibility: they may be too tired to fight.  IF RK is right, and they're drained, they simply wouldn't have the energy to throw down.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Ristolainen just battled through a heinous virus that took him over 2 weeks to recover from and possibly long-term health effects on his lungs, heart, etc. He should demand a trade to a contender because life can go awry at any time.

He’s the only physical defenseman this team has and who I really like. If I’m a player in Buffalo I would want out.

• Like (+1) 2

Remember when we tanked and we had to trade Enroth because he was scraping out a win or two we didn't deserve? Remember this lineup?

Ennis - Girgensons - Stewart

Moulson - Mitchell - Gionta

Deslauriers - Flynn - Foligno

Larsson - Ellis - Hodgson

Benoit - Bogosian

Zadorov - Ristolainen

Weber - Meszaros

Neuvirth

(Lindback)

2/15/2015 vs. PHI. That was only a 2-1 loss because the team didn't look absolutely lost, just outclassed and talent-deficient.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Ok ok.  Trade it!

From my early perspective seems to be missing the couple “can’t miss” forwards up top.  For D there is a nice deep pool of quality prospects.

Well, that’s my opinion, isn’t it? Wanted to trade it for immediate help last draft, should be no surprise. 

Ya, I’ve heard it’s particularly weak for forwards, decent for D 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Remember when we tanked and we had to trade Enroth because he was scraping out a win or two we didn't deserve? Remember this lineup?

Benoit - Bogosian

Zadorov - Ristolainen

Weber - Meszaros

Neuvirth

(Lindback)

2/15/2015 vs. PHI. That was only a 2-1 loss because the team didn't look absolutely lost, just outclassed and talent-deficient.

Full Tankrection.

Is that Jeff Skinner?

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Benoit - Bogosian

Zadorov - Ristolainen

Weber - Meszaros

Neuvirth

(Lindback)

Thanks....I see less talent, but a hell of a lot more backbone and heart than 2021.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

When we get shut out again, can KA really leave RK in place? He's got to get rid of him just to try to fix this club.  

It’d be up to the Pegulas. Both KA and Ralph report to them, the lead hockey minds

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.