Is There a Path Forward for Eichel and the Sabres?

Curt

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

Yeah, but blunts made with cigar wrappers, which are tobacco.

Maybe in the 70s it was worse, when weed had around 6% THC and you had to smoke a full joint or two to get high. But today, average weed is 20 or 30% THC and you only need a hit or two. Plus most people use vaporizers which only get hot enough to decarboxilate the THCA and not burn the plant matter, making it even less harmful.

I wouldnt know anymore but was true in the 80s as well... bladder cancer put a damper on any smoking...

• 4 weeks later...

So, it kind of looks like we have the answer to the question that I posed here.

I’ve been mostly staying off the topic, partly because Jack has been injured, and partly because it rarely leads to productive conversations, but this seems like a good time to drag this back out.

In my opinion, Jack may be pissed about whatever the disagreement was regarding his injury, but it’s not as if this all came out of nowhere.  It maybe was just the straw that broke the camels back.  Things have been trending in this direction for years and I don’t think it was too hard to see this coming.  It seems pretty broken.

Even with the injury, this offseason may be the best time to move Eichel. It avoids the drama of having an unhappy star/captain pissed off and just putting in his time until a trade.  It would be significant distraction and would make the season all about Jack.  The young guys on this team don’t need that.  I think I lean in that direction, even if he comes back and plays well, maybe you get a little more of a return.

Its not a good situation.  I don’t have anything against Eichel, but I don’t have any sentimental attachment to him either. At this point it seems it may be in the best interest of both parties to go their separate ways.

I do not want to trade Eichel.  But I also think Eichel asking for a trade is only a matter of time.

If Eichel came out of the conversations with Adams with that kind of interview, then things aren't good and likely not getting better.

No need to sit on Eichel and make him eat the contract.  Just move on.  The core of the team isn't that far from winning with goaltending and a few more pieces.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Der Jaeger said:

I do not want to trade Eichel.  But I also think Eichel asking for a trade is only a matter of time.

If Eichel came out of the conversations with Adams with that kind of interview, then things aren't good and likely not getting better.

No need to sit on Eichel and make him eat the contract.  Just move on.  The core of the team isn't that far from winning with goaltending and a few more pieces.

Today was a trade request, if it didn't already happen before this

- - - 

The second bold - the pieces were already going to be hard to acquire, significantly more so if we add "1C" to the list - the hardest position to acquire in hockey. We are a good, long way away from winning if we trade Jack and get no 1C back. 

The timeline would be indefinite. Back to hoping on someone developing into one. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.