Is There a Path Forward for Eichel and the Sabres?

Curt

Does Jack still Play for the Sabres?

I have never known so little information to be provided about a teams star player when they’re injured.

As far as I know, we don’t know his injury, the timeline or his return, his thoughts on the coaching change, comments on player development etc.

We know nothing - it’s like he has just taken off to live in a cabin in the woods to get away from it all.

Has he played his last game as a Sabre?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

I have never known so little information to be provided about a teams star player when they’re injured.

As far as I know, we don’t know his injury, the timeline or his return, his thoughts on the coaching change, comments on player development etc.

We know nothing - it’s like he has just taken off to live in a cabin in the woods to get away from it all.

We know it’s a neck injury, and we know that it could be season ending.

31 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

You don't say.

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

From Adams yesterday, it sounds like there is uncertainty over the correct treatment path (I read it "is surgery necessary") and a decision about that will be made soon.

At the time of that decision, we will get an update.

Heard a rumor about him being in rehab fwiw

On 4/13/2021 at 6:26 AM, Trettioåtta said:

There's some merit to this - to me, other teams do generally seem to reveal more, anecdotally. I remember when McD got hurt the specifics were revealed almost right away. 

23 hours ago, Curt said:

We know it’s a neck injury, and we know that it could be season ending.

I don't think the team confirmed it was a neck injury did they? Latest I saw them say was "upper body" 

Edited by Thorny

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

Where did this information come from?

How any rumor starts - heard it from someone who claims to know a player.  Most of my friends who have interacted with players at some level don't have a lot of great things to say though.  More interested in partying than anything else.  

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You ever stop to think that rehab means different things for different things? For example physical therapy to strengthen his neck could be called rehab. Food for thought. 

I assumed that's what it was and it didn't even occur to me the other type was being considered till this post lol 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You ever stop to think that rehab means different things for different things? For example physical therapy to strengthen his neck could be called rehab. Food for thought. 

Of course.  Just sharing a rumor i heard - I don't know anything myself and its totally unsubstantiated.  

I do think that the young core of this team has or had a partying issue.  Making one of that core the captain probably didn't help much either.  

Just now, Drag0nDan said:

Of course.  Just sharing a rumor i heard - I don't know anything myself and its totally unsubstantiated.  

I do think that the young core of this team has or had a partying issue.  Making one of that core the captain probably didn't help much either.  

I've been lead to believe that Bogosian and Kane were terrible role models for the young core when they were here. 

3 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

I don't really buy this, but if there is an issue like that, you'd have to blame the leadership group that was in place when Eichel got here, and the people that put that group in power. 

I would bet dollars to donuts that 75% of non-married NHL players are getting after it with great regularity. Just like I would bet dollars to donuts on MLB and NFL and NBA players doing the same. Young people do drugs and imbibe. Even more so when you have the disposable income that they do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

I don't really buy this, but if there is an issue like that, you'd have to blame the leadership group that was in place when Eichel got here, and the people that put that group in power. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I've been lead to believe that Bogosian and Kane were terrible role models for the young core when they were here. 

I tend to agree with you LGR4GM - Reinhart and Eichel both came in right around the same time as these two guys who are notorious partyers.  O'reilly had a noted DUI.  Lehner wrote an entire article about how he was drinking on game days.  

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

This a million percent. Gionta and Gorges were brought in to be role models for the young core. Kane and Bogo’s Attitude was more screw those two and hang with us.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, #freejame said:

I would bet dollars to donuts that 75% of non-married NHL players are getting after it with great regularity. Just like I would bet dollars to donuts on MLB and NFL and NBA players doing the same. Young people do drugs and imbibe. Even more so when you have the disposable income that they do. 

Sure, you are absolutely right.  It becomes a problem when it affects your performance on the job.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.