GDT: 2/27/21, 1pm Philadelphia @ Buffalo, MSG & ESPN+

jsb

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No.  But it would be nice to not give up a 5 hole shot in that instance.  Hutton is below average, as we all know.  

Elliot is not going to give up one like that.  

Hutton has made plenty of good saves today. But the 5 guys in front of him keep helping out the Flyers. How about for a change we put a little blame on what leads to those goals instead of the goals themselves?

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Ya know, not for nothing, but I followed this board for many years as a guest, I'm an old timer fan like you and some others, I gotta say, these past 5 / 6 years have been, without a doubt, the absolutely worse than terribly bad Sabres on ice teams I have seen in my life time, and I know enough to know you and others feel the same way Doohickie.

What a freaking ***** show. Unreal, just unreal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hutton has made plenty of good saves today. But the 5 guys in front of him keep helping out the Flyers. How about for a change we put a little blame on what leads to those goals instead of the goals themselves?

Hutton could of maybe made two of those saves but you can’t even totally blame him.  Plus, your forwards never score or establish the zone. This team is absolutely embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sabres rank 10th in the NHL in goals allowed.  Goaltending isn't the problem.  They rank 27th in goals scored.   We all knew they needed to score more to make the playoffs, which is why the addition of Hall and Staal were huge.  Considering they were ranked 23rd in goals scored last year, they have gone backwards.  That's on Krueger and his system.  You can talk culture all you want.  When you add talent, and your offense regresses, that's a serious system problem.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The team is playing a terrible game.  The third goal is not on Hutton.   There, feel better?  

All I said is that he was leaky on the second goal.  We needed a big save.  Please stop embarrassing yourself by defending the worst goalie in the NHL.  Find an argument worth my time if you want to argue about something.   

Edited by Pimlach

OMG this is so hard to watch...this team is absolutely dreadful. Philly are awful and are ripe for the taking and winning  only because we are worse. Sad part it looks like no one really cares out there (for us). Hutton is awful but so is the whole team at this point  Just absolutely pathetic period

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dejeanneret said:

Sabres rank 10th in the NHL in goals allowed.  Goaltending isn't the problem.  They rank 27th in goals scored.   We all knew they needed to score more to make the playoffs, which is why the addition of Hall and Staal were huge.  Considering they were ranked 23rd in goals scored last year, they have gone backwards.  That's on Krueger and his system.  You can talk culture all you want.  When you add talent, and your offense regresses, that's a serious system problem.

The GM and Coaches decisions (such as coaching strategies) set the culture. So yes, it is culture. I could elaborate even further and look squarely at ownership, because in the end, it is the Pegula's that ultimately set "the culture" by their management hiring's and approvals of those management team moves.

Neither here nor there, because in the end, it is, in point of fact, culture. Specifically, "The Culture of Losing". And the evidence is overwhelmingly factual. It's actually documented via the end result of the product season after season.

14 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This ones over. 

and to be honest, so is this season. Playoffs are not going to happen............again. Serious, serious changes need to happen organisationally before this team even sniffs at the playoffs. Either a dramatic change in the players or a dramatic change in the coaching staff (all of it). Perhaps both. This is brutal hockey. Maybe when people start attending games again, they can boo their frustrations just to remind management how brutal a product this is. Wow!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.