GDT: 2/27/21, 1pm Philadelphia @ Buffalo, MSG & ESPN+

jsb

image.png.f11b7b7c989799741cc69133c1c6dffa.png     VS.    image.png.30ce9bbe69461fe3f26a3737156ec515.png

The Sabres play the Flyers in the 1st game of an afternoon weekend bonanza. Questions abound for this team even more than usual. Will Jack E. play, will Hutton make a save, when will Risto return, will HCRK last the year, will the injury bug continue to infect this team?? Who'll sit if Rieder and Skinner return to the lineup and after their recent play does Casey and Asplund deserve to sit?? Then there is the bigger question, will the modern version of the Hatfield and McCoy feud continue or will Jeff Skinner play today?? Which Skinner will show up if he does play and who will he play with. Will it be the Skinner who scored 40 a couple of years ago, the one who had on and off years with his goal scoring or the one we've watched lately that couldn't toss a coin in the water on an ocean liner?? Who Are You Jeff Skinner??

FLYERS at SABRES

• This is the third of eight meetings between the Sabres and Flyers this season.
  • Last meeting: Philadelphia defeated Buffalo 3-0 in Philadelphia on Jan. 19
  • Next meeting: Sunday, Feb. 28 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Flyers; 5-5-0 at home.
  • This is the 184th game all-time between Buffalo and Philadelphia; Buffalo has a 70-89-24 series record.
  • The Sabres are 44-35-10 at home against the Flyers all-time.

THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY

1. The Sabres are 7-9-3 all-time on February 27.
  2. February 27, 1975: The Sabres get goals from five different players and Roger Crozier stops all 21 Los Angeles shots as Buffalo tops the Kings 5-0 at home.
  3. February 27, 2008: Steve Bernier records three points (2+1) in his Sabres debut and Toni Lydman records a career-high four points (0+4) as the Sabres defeat the Nashville Predators 8-4 at home.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

• Curtis Lazar is expected to play in his 300th NHL game today.
  • The road team has won just 60 of the 183 regular-season matchups between the Sabres and Flyers, including just two of the last 10. Neither team has won consecutive road games in the series since the Sabres won in Philadelphia on Feb. 19 and Oct. 27, 2015.
  • The Sabres’ special teams are plus-9 this season, with 19 goals for and 10 goals against. Entering play Friday, they were tied with Colorado for the best differential in the league.

If there is a bright spot for the Sabres it's without a doubt it has been the Power Play with 10 different players scoring for the league leading PP with a just under 37% scoring rate. The 10 player list also leads the league tied with the Chicago Blackhawks. There's little question the Sabres have been a machine on the PP. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I can watch a pixelated stream of my daughter at her vball tournament, a drunken cameraman streaming my son's varsity game, or stream the Sabres, or all three at once.

I feel like I'm not getting much out of the Internet today.

On the bright side, Spectrum offered me up a sweet deal to add TV back so I will be dropping Fubo and going back (at least for this year).

• Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, French Collection said:

They only have a chance if Ullmatk plays.

Hurts to be a Sabres fan but I will watch some of this game.

Ullmark not expected this weekend.  Hopefully he'll be in a day to day situation beyond that.

We might see Skinner though; I think we will.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

On the bright side, Spectrum offered me up a sweet deal to add TV back so I will be dropping Fubo and going back (at least for this year).

That’s EXACTLY what I did. My “year” is up in early Oct.

Saving roughly $35 a month that way.

Edited by Zamboni

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.