Practice Lines 2/26/21 Skinner’s Back

Brawndo

56 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The funny thing with a benching is, if Skinner plays well, people can point to the benching as say, "see?! it worked!", and if he plays bad, they can say, "see, this is why we benched him!"

😄

And you know kreuger will 100% trot that out in amongst his garbled life coach bullsheet.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Not sure I believe him on the first question, but maybe I do.

Definitely don't believe him on the second question.

There is clearly something big going on here between Skinner and Ralph, it extends beyond Skinner's play on the ice, and we fans do NOT know what it is.

29 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

You could just tell the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to 5he second question is no. 

While I do try and refrain from bashing the coach, I'm at the point now that during games I find my wife looking bemused at me as I pace the floor mumbling "where's my Louisville Slugger at hone?" or "I need Tanya Hastings number"......

• Like (+1) 1

I really don't have a problem with his answers.  He's being diplomatic, which he needs to be if he remains but is also important if he is entertaining any kind of trade possibility.  He deflected the question vs. saying anything controversial to upset team dynamics.

That said, part of me wishes it was a more "honest" world and that he would say what he really thinks without worrying about anybody's feelings.  "I'm just focused on helping .....Ralph has no F'ing clue how to coach worth Sh!t....our team win and succeed!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I give him credit.  He's in a tough spot, maybe the toughest spot he's been in during his career.  His veteran professionalism helps him out here.

Also, good question, @john wawrow.  It's a nuanced interviewing ability to ask a useful question that gets the answerer out of their comfort zone without stepping over the line into assholishness.  Everyone knows that Skinner wants to play, so he naturally wouldn't see eye-to-eye with the coach that benches him, but his response is interesting nonetheless.

• Like (+1) 4

Not sure what others are hearing there. He mentioned nothing about Kruger is his first answer and said nothing positive about Kruger in his second answer. I don’t doubt he wants to be a Sabre in Buffalo. I also don’t doubt he doesn’t like Kruger and probably thinks he knows better than him when it comes to hockey. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Not sure what others are hearing there. He mentioned nothing about Kruger is his first answer and said nothing positive about Kruger in his second answer. I don’t doubt he wants to be a Sabre in Buffalo. I also don’t doubt he doesn’t like Kruger and probably thinks he knows better than him when it comes to hockey. 

He probably does know more about hockey than Kueger does, if Krueger's personnel decisions and on ice strategies are indication to date.

1 hour ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I give him credit.  He's in a tough spot, maybe the toughest spot he's been in during his career.  His veteran professionalism helps him out here.

Yes, credit due for professionalism in that interview.

Now go the rest of the way as a professional and play the game you are asked to play and see where it goes.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

There is clearly something big going on here between Skinner and Ralph, it extends beyond Skinner's play on the ice, and we fans do NOT know what it is.

I believe him on the first, but it's not for hockey reasons. He knows there's no way he can fit into Toronto's plans or budget so Buffalo was his closest spot close to the area of family etc. that he wanted. That was his priority, not hockey. 

The second I agree, he was gingerly walking around things and a lot can be read into that. 

4 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

My sources says it goes beyond Ralph.  He is not a guy that the other players want on his line.  

30 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

My sources says it goes beyond Ralph.  He is not a guy that the other players want on his line.  

I’d like to believe this, but if it is the case, where were said teammates during the 18-19 season exit interviews, stating there are problems with Skinner?  You know, the kind of statements that may have convinced the Sabres to let him walk instead of committing $72 mil to him. 

Then again it wouldn’t surprise me if some of these clowns knew there was a problem playing with Skinner, and still said NOTHING. 

Edited by LabattBlue

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’d like to believe this, but if it is the case, where were said teammates during the 18-19 season exit interviews, stating there are problems with Skinner?  You know, the kind of statements that may have convinced the Sabres to let him walk instead of committing $72 mil to him. 

Then again it wouldn’t surprise me if some of these clowns knew there was a problem playing with Skinner, and still said NOTHING. 

Everyone can see it   

Skinner does not execute the RK system.  Players don’t want a linemate that doesn’t get it.  They want to succeed, to execute the system, to improve.  It looks like Skinner is trying too.  But no results.   

Many of the forwards are new to the team since the big contract and so is the coaching.  It’s different now.  

5 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

You could just tell the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to 5he second question is no. 

While I do try and refrain from bashing the coach, I'm at the point now that during games I find my wife looking bemused at me as I pace the floor mumbling "where's my Louisville Slugger at hone?" or "I need Tanya Hastings number"......

Tanya Harding is who you're thinking of.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.