Jump to content

100 team meetings since January 1


Recommended Posts

RaKru dropped this in his pregame presser yesterday. He said the meetings are to make clear what expectations are.

That seems like a lot. Are these guys having their heads filled with too much (fill in the blank)?

I'm sure most of us can relate to how too many meetings in the workplace can be counter-productive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I can only imagine team meetings where Ralph drones on and on about his supreme intelligence while the players master the art of sleeping with their eyes open.

We have actual video of one Ralph's team meetings......

 

  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

100 team meetings since 1/1/21?

Today is 2/26/21. There’s been 100 meetings in 57 days?

No wonder this team sucks donkey balls. That’s not only unnecessary, but beyond insane. 

Imagine working with your boss every day AND having to be told what your job is in two meetings every day by him. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I can only imagine team meetings where Ralph drones on and on about his supreme intelligence while the players master the art of sleeping with their eyes open.

Peczactly.  No wonder Skinner hates him.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

RaKru dropped this in his pregame presser yesterday. He said the meetings are to make clear what expectations are.

That seems like a lot. Are these guys having their heads filled with too much (fill in the blank)?

I'm sure most of us can relate to how too many meetings in the workplace can be counter-productive.

Depends on how many whiteboards there are

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, what does he mean by "team meeting"? Maybe all he's saying is the team gathers before practice/game for 5 minutes and after for 5 minutes. That'd easily be 100. But sure, lets keep dumping on Ralph and giving the slack players who have been here for years a pass. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, darksabre said:

Depends on how many whiteboards there are

Is Ralph a whiteboard guy? I'm not sure. I do imagine him handing out individually tailored "mission statements". When Skinner gets his it just says this...

YOU SUCK!

😄

Edited by Scottysabres
Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn’t mean anything.  What’s a meeting for a hockey team?

-practice?

-film session?

-morning skate?

-pregame skate?

-gathering around to meet for 10 mins before or after any on ice time?

I don’t think this number is high really.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

To be fair, what does he mean by "team meeting"? Maybe all he's saying is the team gathers before practice/game for 5 minutes and after for 5 minutes. That'd easily be 100. But sure, lets keep dumping on Ralph and giving the slack players who have been here for years a pass. 

And everyone keeps ignoring this comment...

Just assuming it's some 45 minute session each time.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  All we know is there were meetings.  There could meetings for power play, penalty kill, forwards, defense, goaltenders, etc. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What does the official “meeting counter person” consider a team meeting?

I bet this is overblown and exaggerated.

Someone must have told RK that number. And he regurgitated it to the media.

Edited by Zamboni
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What does the official “meeting counter person” consider a team meeting?

I bet this is overblown and exaggerated.

Someone must have told RK that number. And he regurgitated it to the media.

Every time we line up for espresso +1

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He could have 5 meetings a day if he wants...But if he can't communicate or worse has no idea what he is talking about, it matters not.

The hardest thing for intellectuals (Ralph portrays himself as one) is to know when to STFU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 5:14 PM, PASabreFan said:

RaKru dropped this in his pregame presser yesterday. He said the meetings are to make clear what expectations are.

That seems like a lot. Are these guys having their heads filled with too much (fill in the blank)?

I'm sure most of us can relate to how too many meetings in the workplace can be counter-productive.

Team meetings? Or x’s and o’s meetings?

If it’s the former, that’s an INSANE number, and a surefire to make sure you get tuned out.

It’s like that guy in office meetings who always rambles on long after everyone’s pretty much agreed on an approach, yet he just keeps talking, regardless.

Whenever that guy opens his mouth, everyone’s busy doing different things in their minds, while pretending to listen.

X’s and O’s? Meh, I’d expect several on game day alone.

Edited by Kristian
Link to post
Share on other sites

100 meeting in 57 days and Ralph does not know when Eichel got hurt?  
 

Well, Pegula said he liked a lot of communication, didn’t he?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...