KA approval rating?

GASabresIUFAN

KA approval rating?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. KA approval rating

• A - I think he can done an excellent job. This Sabres team is better then I expected
    • B - Some good, some bad but the team is better and competitive
    • C- Meh, some good acquisitions but the team really isn't any better
    • D - Bad, the bad so far outweighs the good and IMHO the team has taken a step backwards
    • F- Horrible, the team is worse and I have zero faith that KA has the ability to solve this team's problems

Well here we sit without a decent backup goalie so the timing of this poll couldn’t be worse for Adams. 

Rieder, Staal, Hall, and Sheahan make us better but not addressing the Hutton situation looms large.  I think the one year deal for Hall was a smart move, even if he stays only one year and we pick up an asset to build with.  Staal is helping Cozens.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Pros:

• He landed Hall.  Highest profile UFA signing in Buffalo since at least the salary cap era started, likely longer, I'm not looking it up.
  • He landed Staal, and while not the player he was and probably frustrating to watch, he is still a functioning upgrade at middle-six center.
  • He held a steady hand on Ristolainen, the Sabres' best defenseman, who's showing signs of improvement under Krueger.

Cons:

• He made the wrong call on Hutton, likely because he was told Hutton's faliures would be fixed with his vision recovery.  He was likely thinking that Ullmark and Hutton could hold the fort until UPL was ready, but this won't be enough.  Many predicted this outcome.
  • He brought in Matt Irwin.  Everyone saw how bad he was going to be.

Time will tell / work in progress:

• He drafted Quinn over Rossi and Perfetti, which most people thought was a minor reach, especially Rossi lovers (myself included).  We'll see.  Quinn is still an outstanding prospect.  I'm open minded about it.
  • He made the call to keep Ullmark, who is showing signs that he may be evolving to the next level: NHL competence.
  • He reworked a very ***** bottom six into something that might evolve into something less *****...?  He's found some value roleplayer UFAs, but has also found some *****.  More to do here next trade deadline and UFA cycle.
  • He's chosen to keep Ralph Krueger, likely the most polarizing figure in Buffalo sports right now.  Krueger is either a buffoon or he's going to make us all look like buffoons.
  • He could theoretically manage to re-sign Hall while managing other core re-signings.  I like Hall so far, so this'd be a win to me.
  • Seattle expansion.  It's a pretty big test for a new GM to masterfully handle their assets so as not to get ***** in a VGK-style expansion.

If all of the latter is a push, then it's basically Hall/Staal vs Hutton/Irwin with a sprinkling of an improving Ullmark.  Hutton and Irwin are back up and supposedly third-pair plugs.  Hall is a Hart Trophy elite 1LW still in his prime and Staal's a 2.5C we didn't have.  It washes out significantly better than average at the moment and only gets better as Hall signs, goalies get fixed, bottom six improves, and Quinn shows up.  Kevyn Adams has put the Buffalo Sabres in position for marked improvement despite its current frustrations.  B+.

A GM in Buffalo can earn a B+, a high pass, for fielding a roster that's sitting in 26th place? I agree with most of the points you make, too - but the cons list needs to be representative of the results, IMO. 

5 hours ago, Weave said:

Without a playoff push, it's gotta be an F.  Period.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

If dropping my grade to F if RK is still the coach tomorrow.

The Habs have 23 pts in 20 games and fired Julien.  How does a coach of a 6-10-3 team still have his job when the expectations were for his tea, to at least compete for a playoff spot?  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If dropping my grade to F if RK is still the coach tomorrow.

The Habs have 23 pts in 20 games and fired Julien.  How does a coach of a 6-10-3 team still have his job when the expectations were for his tea, to at least compete for a playoff spot?  

Probably not his call initially... Pegulas are going to have make decision... changes their plans... KA will have a say and I will evaluate who he brings in for the new coach, but til then I vote incomplete.  If no changes by the end of the year then he gets an F.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.