Ullmark OUT at least a Month/ Eichel Day to Day with a Lower Body Injuries

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Do they have to report all injuries like in the NFL?  I know the NFL rule is if you practice in full and don't have a gameday designation you don't have to say anything (and why would you, it only puts you at a disadvantage for the opponent to know that allen's left shoulder is still bothering him etc.).  A lot of players will post-season have surgeries for injuries they had all year long.

It's less about the fact it could have gone unmentioned and more the fact Krueger outright denied he was hurt. The definitiveness is pretty unusual if he was indeed ailing. 

Just now, Thorny said:

It's less about the fact it could have gone unmentioned and more the fact Krueger outright denied he was hurt. The definitiveness is pretty unusual if he was indeed ailing. 

Hockey in general is weird with injuries.  Upper body and lower body were the compromise between coaches outright lying about injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Hockey in general is weird with injuries.  Upper body and lower body were the compromise between coaches outright lying about injuries. 

Right, and we've both heard all the cliches a million times. From my perspective Krueger's comments seemed to be unusual. Obviously that's anecdotal. 

15 hours ago, Curt said:

This sounds like bologna.

Eichel has looked like crap.  Looks injured to me.

Its his confidence.

Its his conditioning.

He skipped morning skate.

He got injured in warmups.

Its just a lot of different stories.

He's said a lot of different things, no doubt.

If this current injury is simply the aftermath of his awkward fall in the game the other night with the twisted leg thing...then f-ing say it!

It's this BS coach thing.  Do these guys really think they are somehow disadvantaging Jack or the team by saying "Yeah, he tweaked his knee the other night in that weird fall; he'll need a few days to get over it" or something?

Does he think opposing teams in the NHL in the year 2021 are going to send out assassin goons to hit Jack's bad knee with a pipe wrench?

These guys don't even touch each other in front of the net anymore.

It's just so f-ing stupid.

And what's up with Skinner being benched despite Jack's injury making a spot in the lineup for him?

Did Skinner impregnate Ralph's daughter or something? 

• Brawndo changed the title to Ullmark OUT at least a Month/ Eichel Day to Day with a Lower Body Injuries

I've got a bad feeling about this...

UPL is nowhere near ready in terms of consistency. JJ hasn't played in forever and was shaky at best in preseason scrimmages. Hutton has not shown any improvement from last season's debacle, healthy eye or no. There was time and a market for experienced tenders in the offseason. It went unaddressed.

I hope Ullmark makes a full recovery because he's shown steady improvement and has the capability to steal games plus he's elite in shootouts. But this now back to back seasons where his legs have failed him. That's a problem to be a #1. Mr. Ullmark, kindly hop into the bacta hotsprings with the Captain.

UPL didn't get much help, the Amerks were shorthanded on D. He'd still the future IMO just not today

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Considering His Best Two D Man are AHL Rookies in Samuelsson and Laakonsen, he did alright. 

Absolutely! Those two can play though.

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I've got a bad feeling about this...

UPL is nowhere near ready in terms of consistency. JJ hasn't played in forever and was shaky at best in preseason scrimmages. Hutton has not shown any improvement from last season's debacle, healthy eye or no. There was time and a market for experienced tenders in the offseason. It went unaddressed.

I hope Ullmark makes a full recovery because he's shown steady improvement and has the capability to steal games plus he's elite in shootouts. But this now back to back seasons where his legs have failed him. That's a problem to be a #1. Mr. Ullmark, kindly hop into the bacta hotsprings with the Captain.

Play JJ. He's only on a one year contract and their goalies are hurt or playing like crap. Might as well see what they have in him. Nothing to lose!!

***** Hutton this sucks

What an all-time blunder from Adams. Such an obvious need ignored.

This team gets “done in” by injuries every year because they view them as an unpredictable excuse-iceberg that looms up out of nowhere, rather than an inevitable issue needing to be addressed proactively in the off-season by addressing depth. 

If you are one injury to a specific player away from lights out, it’s on the GM. 

KA needs to make an adequate, timely addition in net to salvage his decision making process 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This team gets “done in” by injuries every year because they view them as an unpredictable excuse-iceberg that looms up out of nowhere, rather than an inevitable issue needing to be addressed proactively in the off-season by addressing depth. 

If you are one injury to a specific player away from lights out, it’s on the GM. 

KA needs to make an adequate, timely addition in net to salvage his decision making process 

Why the Buffalo media haven’t held his feet to fire over brining back Hutton is beyond me.   

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You’ve been calling it for months.

Ive been praying we could avoid the chance to prove you right, but deep in my heart I knew this day would come.

It is the Sabres after all.

Edited by dudacek
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Why the Buffalo media haven’t held his feet to fire over brining back Hutton is beyond me.   

I don’t think they grasp the concept of how much everything is affected by Krueger’s stifling system. 

We don’t score because Krueger has everything focused on locking down play - they say “how is goaltending/defence the issue when we can’t score? Failing to realize we can’t score because of how much we have to / Krueger feels we have to protect our poor goaltending and D 

We don’t open things up and take chances partially because Hutton’s .800 save percentage looks a lot worse over 35 shots than 20

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t think they grasp the concept of how much everything is affected by Krueger’s stifling system. 

We don’t score because Krueger has everything focused on locking down play - they say “how is goaltending/defence the issue when we can’t score? Failing to realize we can’t score because of how much we have to / Krueger feels we have to protect our poor goaltending and D 

We don’t open things up and take chances partially because Hutton’s .800 save percentage looks a lot worse over 35 shots than 20

I don't buy this.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The Sabres play low event hockey 

It’s a coincidence we can keep pucks out yet score at a historically poor rate, with the players we have? 

It’s the system 

It's the system. But what do 5 foot tap passes, soccer style play the puck in the direction you got it in the neutral and O zone have to do with the goalie?

If they are in the slot, they pass it to the boards. If they are at the boards, they pass it to the slot.

It's all about the extra pass. It's like he wants to give the other team an opportunity to pick it off.

Terrible.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It's the system. But what do 5 foot tap passes, soccer style play the puck in the direction you got it in the neutral and O zone have to do with the goalie?

If they are in the slot, they pass it to the boards. If they are at the boards, they pass it to the slot.

It's all about the extra pass. It's like he wants to give the other team an opportunity to pick it off.

Terrible.

Fair. I can leave out the assumption I made that “Krueger feels..” and just say - the system does what it does: makes our team d look ok and our offence look non existent. It insulates our D, goalies and defensive forwards and neuters our offence 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.