Ullmark OUT at least a Month/ Eichel Day to Day with a Lower Body Injuries

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Ullmark injury will just be another excuse at the end of the season when they miss the playoffs...again. 

Is it possible to have less than zero interest in the team?  That is where I feel I’m heading. 😞

Instead of a chance to make a move and or give someone an opportunity 

Just keep playing Hutton SMH

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Hutton is the best we’ve got. 

JJ has been trash in his NHL opportunities, Tokarski is trash period, and 6K isn’t ready. 

Who do you want? Ryan Vinz?

JJ has not been given an NHL opportunity.

He deserves a bank of games to see if he can play. The guy has been solid every time he's been given opportunity to start including 14-4 and an all star in the AHL last season. What do they have to lose by starting him? More games? 

Also, Adams could make a move if one is available leading to an opportunity for whoever is acquired. 

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

JJ has not been given an NHL opportunity.

He deserves a bank of games to see if he can play. The guy has been solid every time he's been given opportunity to start including 14-4 and an all star in the AHL last season. What do they have to lose by starting him? More games? 

Also, Adams could make a move if one is available leading to an opportunity for whoever is acquired. 

You must’ve missed the 6 games he played for the Sabres last season. 

Im not saying he was garbage, but he was hot garbage. 

Just now, Norcal said:

That's not a real shot. He deserves a chance to see what he can do. 

Sorry, but that was his shot. He won one game and lost 5 and was sub .900. A lot of goalies don’t even get that opportunity.

Maybe he gets another shot soon with what’s going on. I’m not high on him. 

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

Sorry, but that was his shot. He won one game and lost 5 and was sub .900. A lot of goalies don’t even get that opportunity.

Maybe he gets another shot soon with what’s going on. I’m not high on him. 

Take a look at Millers first 18 games. Good thing he got a real shot.

Probably not a popular opinion but Hutton was OK today... .923 sv%.    You won't beat the flyers giving up 40 shots.   

That said, you'd like to see him make a save on the 2nd and/or 3rd goal, but hey, they gave up way too many of those chances anyway, wouldn't have mattered if Ullmark was in there IMO.

Just now, pi2000 said:

Probably not a popular opinion but Hutton was OK today... .923 sv%.    You won't beat the flyers giving up 40 shots.   

That said, you'd like to see him make a save on the 2nd and/or 3rd goal, but hey, they gave up way too many of those chances anyway, wouldn't have mattered if Ullmark was in there IMO.

When you score zero goals, it’s hard to complain that your goalie gave up 3 instead of just 2.

33 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Take a look at Millers first 18 games. Good thing he got a real shot.

True, but Miller got to go back to Rochester to hone his craft over multiple seasons after that first taste of the bigs. Johansson has been languishing on the taxi squad and playing only in practices this season. He’s not played a game in nearly a year. 

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

True, but Miller got to go back to Rochester to hone his craft over multiple seasons after that first taste of the bigs. Johansson has been languishing on the taxi squad and playing only in practices this season. He’s not played a game in nearly a year. 

That's my point. Give him a chance. Since Ullmark is out anyways, I'd give him some games. Unfortunately UPL needs the games in Rochester but the Ullmark injury just opened the door of opportunity in Buffalo

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I don’t agree. He’s on one of the worst teams in the league and not getting a shot. There’s a reason. 

He's getting the Mika Norenon treatment lol

Actually, I take that back. Atleast Norenon got a chance.

Edited by Norcal

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

That's my point. Give him a chance. Since Ullmark is out anyways, I'd give him some games. Unfortunately UPL needs the games in Rochester but the Ullmark injury just opened the door of opportunity in Buffalo

HCRK won’t do it. They’re all about the veterans and they’re going to keep Hutton as the #1 while Ullmark is out unless GM Sheevyn makes a move for a goalie. Maybe JJ gets a shutout and wins some extra starts, but I don’t see it happening unless he’s demonstrably better in games and practice. And if the team in front of him is going to have the breakdowns they did today he’s not going to have a chance to look good or build any confidence.  

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

He's getting the Mika Norenon treatment lol

Actually, I take that back. Atleast Norenon got a chance.

JJ hasn’t played a professional game in like a year. 

Noronen wasn’t very good, and it showed. 

If any goalie got hosed by the Sabres, it was Enroth. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

Exactly. I liked Enroth. 

We will never know what he could’ve became. 

Well... he was a super small goalie in a world where pad size and positioning is key. He was what he was, a capable backup who can get hot, if you have a true #1. He’d be better than Hutton!! But he wasn’t going to become a steady .916+ guy if you played him more than 15 games a season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.