Ullmark OUT at least a Month/ Eichel Day to Day with a Lower Body Injuries

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Eichel Day to Day with a Lower Body Injury
  • Brawndo changed the title to Eichel/Ullmark Day to Day with a Lower Body Injuries

This might be that actual truth!  https://www.nhl.com/news/sabres-jack-eichel-injury-status-update/c-321798488

"Everybody has to realize that he had an injury pre-training camp that pretty well parked him from doing a lot of physical activities for multiple weeks," so says RK.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

RK is so full of crap.   He just said the other day when asked point blank if Jack is playing injured he said "No, he's not, he's healthy".   

And today he's now claiming that Jack hurt himself in warmups after he missed the morning skate.   He sounds like a coach who has lost some fraction of the lockerroom, and is out of the loop.   SMH

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

RK is so full of crap.   He just said the other day when asked point blank if Jack is playing injured he said "No, he's not, he's healthy".   

And today he's now claiming that Jack hurt himself in warmups after he missed the morning skate.   He sounds like a coach who has lost some fraction of the lockerroom, and is out of the loop.   SMH

I was talking about a pre-season injury.  The injured during warm-up stuff us BS.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I was talking about a pre-season injury.  The injured during warm-up stuff us BS.

Everyone was speculating that Jack is not 100% because of his preseason injury, it certainly looks that way.  Then RK comes out and says he's 100% healthy... now he's not even playing.    It doesn't add up. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Everyone was speculating that Jack is not 100% because of his preseason injury, it certainly looks that way.  Then RK comes out and says he's 100% healthy... now he's not even playing.    It doesn't add up. 

Of course it adds up.

The whole hockey world saw Jack’s leg bend awkwardly and him favouring it afterward. He missed the morning skate to rest it, tried it in warm-up and decided not to go.

Krueger lied about it to the media because hockey culture says admitting your injury in this kind of instance gives up some kind of competitive advantage.

Nothing to see here except the normal eye-rolling NHL coach speak 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Of course it adds up.

The whole hockey world saw Jack’s leg bend awkwardly and him favouring it afterward. He missed the morning skate to rest it, tried it in warm-up and decided not to go.

Krueger lied about it to the media because hockey culture says admitting your injury in this kind of instance gives up some kind of competitive advantage.

I'm not buying this.  All RK had to say was Eichel is dinged up from last game, he'll test it in warmups and we'll go from there.  

Now RK is saying he got hurt in warmups.   

So which is it?   And what is RK trying to cover up here?

57 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I'm not buying this.  All RK had to say was Eichel is dinged up from last game, he'll test it in warmups and we'll go from there.  

Now RK is saying he got hurt in warmups.   

So which is it?   And what is RK trying to cover up here?

You're nitpicking at nothing imo. It's highly possible he thought he was good to go but turned on it or put weight on it skating in warm ups and aggravated it which is what Kreuger would mean by saying he hurt it in warm ups. Nothing more. 

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Of course it adds up.

We don't have much 'round here. Please don't take our last little bit from our sippy cups.

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

It looked like he tweaked his ankle last game he played. So he could have been healthy, but poorly conditioned pre-that tweak, and hurt now. 

I don't buy it was in warmups though, I think it was that contact two games ago. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Of course it adds up.

Right, and he could have been telling the truth before that, when he said he wasn't hurt. 

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Of course it adds up.

He also finished the game.  Its entirely possible that after a day or two the swelling wasn't how they wanted and he just has a sprained ankle.  Or that he tweaked it during warmups.

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It looked like he tweaked his ankle last game he played. So he could have been healthy, but poorly conditioned pre-that tweak, and hurt now. 

I don't buy it was in warmups though, I think it was that contact two games ago. 

Yeah, he looked poorly conditioned all year.  Even out of the 2 week break.  

I feel like it probably just swole up after warmups if i had to guess.  Jamming a sprained ankle/foot into a rigid skate probably isn't the ideal situation for healing.

• Like (+1) 1

Both day to day?

How many days until Ralph comes out and says at least one of these players has been added to LTIR

Also, re: Ralph saying Jack wasn't injured a few days ago, he was obviously talking about being emotionally injured, not physically. This new warm-up one was a physical injury. That is the only explanation for Ralph speaking sideways out of his mouth.

• Like (+1) 1

Dreger alluded to something from the off-season continuing to bother Jack which has obviously affected His Play. States He’s been told Jack is hurt, probably from His Agent, as the team has said no injuries. 

I have no clue why Jack wouldn’t tell the team or why they are keeping it quiet. 

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dreger alluded to something from the off-season continuing to bother Jack which has obviously affected His Play. States He’s been told Jack is hurt, probably from His Agent, as the team has said no injuries. 

I have no clue why Jack wouldn’t tell the team or why they are keeping it quiet. 

I mean if WE'VE heard about it, I'm sure the team has. Edit - nm, misread, I guess you meant why wouldn't Jack have told the team in the first place, if he indeed did not?

So the question is why did Krueger lie and say Jack isn't at all hurt if he was?

Edited by Thorny

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I mean if WE'VE heard about it, I'm sure the team has. Edit - nm, misread, I guess you meant why wouldn't Jack have told the team in the first place, if he indeed did not?

So the question is why did Krueger lie and say Jack isn't at all hurt if he was?

Do they have to report all injuries like in the NFL?  I know the NFL rule is if you practice in full and don't have a gameday designation you don't have to say anything (and why would you, it only puts you at a disadvantage for the opponent to know that allen's left shoulder is still bothering him etc.).  A lot of players will post-season have surgeries for injuries they had all year long.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.