GDT 2/25/21: 7pm ET, NJ Devils @ Sabres, local TV and Radio

jsb

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

OK -- if Ullmark is going to miss any time at all, GM Sheevyn needs to trade for a goalie if we're going to keep up the appearances of playoff aspirations.

There will be no trade in my opinion....no goalies of worth on the market and Adams won't part with anybody worthwhile

and 

I think they are willing to wait until UPL gets here 2-3 years from now (Which is INSANE)

Edited by KC Scouts

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Keep sitting on your hands Adams 👍🏼

At least that’s how it seems ...

Maybe he’s trying to upgrade the roster. Who knows ...

Out of the line up :  Eichel, Uhlmark, Risto, McCabe and Borgen.  

Other GMs will be lowballing him.  Our best trade bait was defense, but not now with the injuries.  

2 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

There will be no trade in my opinion....no goalies of worth on the market and Adams won't part with anybody worthwhile

and 

I think they are willing to wait until UPL gets here 2-3 years from now (Which is INSANE)

I'm with you, too. But this is more if the adminstration wants us to believe that they're in it to win it. If the mandate is for us to make the playoffs and Hutton is the goalie, we're going to go the way of Jabba... choking slowly with a chain.

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You have to blame Adams.  No way Hutton should still be on this team 

you force Ullmark into playing how many 4 or 5 games in 7 nights.  It’s going to lead him into being worn out or injured 

If Linus misses any time - turn out the lights on this season. Play the youngsters and move onto next year 

The lights were turned off on this season a few weeks ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

I don't blame Hutton for that OT goal. If our coach would use some pressure play strategies, Zacha doesn't get to the dot to take that shot.

I wouldn't blame him for the OT goal either.  I thought, though, that goals 2 and especially 3 were more or less classic Hutton cases of getting himself turned around and out of position.

Sure he made some good saves, but goalies are supposed to make good saves.  The bottom line is he gave up 3 goals in 2 regulation periods and turned in another sub .900 save % game. 

There really is no excuse to not give Johansson or Tokarski an opportunity.  I know that neither has shown to be an NHL goalie, but I'm not sure what you have to lose at this point.  Johansson is 10 years younger than Hutton.  He has turned in back to back .920+ save % seasons in Rochester the last two seasons.  He did not fair so well in his few NHL games, though not worse than Hutton the past two years. It is time to give him an opportunity so we know what we have.  Tokarski is 4 years younger than Hutton.  He has turned in back to back .930+ save % seasons in the AHL.  His career NHL #'s are not great (.904 save %) but they are better than Hutton's from the past two seasons.

The likelihood that either Johansson or Tokarski get on a role and lead the team to better things as a back-up or starter is remote, to be sure.  Hutton though has been a sub .900 save % NHL goalie going back two years now to January 2019.  He is 35.  We know what he is and he isn't good enough.

There is value in being a good team guy, to buying in and being a good leader.  I'm sure Hutton fits the bill with regards to these traits and that his teammates respect him and want him to be successful and a part of the team.  The coach and GM though are responsible to the organization. When a player is simply not good enough, reasonable steps must be taken to replace him.  If neither Johansson or Tokarski (or Luukkonen) are given the opportunity, then that is simply a failure of leadership.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.