GDT 2/25/21: 7pm ET, NJ Devils @ Sabres, local TV and Radio

jsb

39 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I'm guessing there's something else going on with Skinner, he's always come off a bit petulant to me so maybe Ralph doesn't like his attitude? Who knows.

Maybe I'm off here, but could it have something to do with the 4 goals and 7 points in 46 games?

I mean 4 goals and 9 point in 31 games got Casey Mittelstadt sent to the minors...?

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Maybe I'm off here, but could it have something to do with the 4 goals and 7 points in 46 games?

I mean 4 goals and 9 point in 31 games got Casey Mittelstadt sent to the minors...?

Skinner has a better history of scoring goals then Mittelstadt. He get a little more leeway

https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-eichel-slowed-by-injury-sustained-before-sabres-training-camp/c-321798488

• Thanks (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I still am stunned JBot handed Skinner that contract.  Incredible.

Yup. It should've been either a sign-and-trade for a nice 5x$7M which is a good raise, or even a 3x$7M so he had a few motivating seasons with Eichel to get one more big deal, OR he should have been moved at the deadline as we were already eliminated, with the offer to bring him back Moulson-style in UFA at a salary comparable to what he was getting (there is NO WAY he gets $9 and likely not even 8 on the open market).

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I positively *gasped* when I read this as I am squarely in the midst of such an experience myself. #YesDear #WhateverYouWantIsGoodWithMeHon

1. I am not stalking you.

2. I wouldn't discount some psychic connection. I mean we're all in each others' heads anyway. I honestly don't know why kitchen reno came to me. Weird.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, nucci said:

Skinner has a better history of scoring goals then Mittelstadt. He get a little more leeway

https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-eichel-slowed-by-injury-sustained-before-sabres-training-camp/c-321798488

How much more?

Jeff Skinner's monthly goal totals since the second half of his last season in Carolina (the bolded marks his first three seasons in Buffalo:

• Jan. 2018 3
  • Feb. 2018 5
  • Mar. 2018 4
  • Apr. 2018 0
  • Oct. 2018: 6
  • Nov. 2018: 14
  • Dec. 2018: 6
  • Jan. 2019: 5
  • Feb. 2019: 5
  • Mar. 2019 1
  • Apr. 2019: 3
  • Oct 2019: 7
  • Nov. 2019: 3
  • Dec. 2019: 1
  • Jan. 2020: 0
  • Feb. 2020: 3
  • Mar. 2020: 0
  • Jan. 2021: 0

Think a graph might show and interesting trend? He's had one good month out of the past 10, four out of the past 19.

Kyle Okposo has a good history of scoring goals prior to turning 27 and signing a big contract.

EDIT: Also, interesting to note that his second-best month came playing under Ralph (italics)with Sobotka and Johansson on his line.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Why isn't Okposo, someone with 1 point this year getting similar treatment? Despite being stapled to the 4th line Skinner was still generating chances, and hitting posts. Okposo dumps the puck in and changes. 

I understand sitting Skinner for a game to get him going, but going into 3 games and not even practicing with the team? Something else has to be going on behind the scenes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brawndo said:

A lot lower than a trade for Eichel alone.

A lot higher than a trade for Skinner alone. 

Someones gotta send some salary back in that deal.  Like the kings have to send back quick... probably carter... maybe even dustin brown.  

Rangers couldn't fit both with panarin and kreider.  Maybe next year after a lot of buyout money comes off the books - but they don't want or need skinner with the wings they have.  

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Why isn't Okposo, someone with 1 point this year getting similar treatment? Despite being stapled to the 4th line Skinner was still generating chances, and hitting posts. Okposo dumps the puck in and changes. 

I understand sitting Skinner for a game to get him going, but going into 3 games and not even practicing with the team? Something else has to be going on behind the scenes. 

Okposo was recovering from injury and Skinner's stretch of bad play stretches back way further than Kyle's

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

Here's my theory on Eichel...

Although a workout junkie and such; he let himself go a little during the whole pandemic thing. After all many people became depressed or gained weight; even very disciplined people fell to it. The mere fact Buffalo nearly made the expanded playoff but quite literally missed it in the way we did could of certainly left him depressed and angry over the whole situation. He started getting back into preparation stage at the start of the new offseason but likely underestimated how much time he would need to get back to peak performance. Then he ends up injuring himself near the season's start only furthering the issues. As such he's been physically playing catch up the entire season trying to re-find his body's peak like it had last year. 

So I don't see this as much as him being lazy but rather a combination of external and personal issues creating a perfect storm where he just doesn't feel right.

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Although a workout junkie and such; he let himself go a little during the whole pandemic thing. After all many people became depressed or gained weight; even very disciplined people fell to it. The mere fact Buffalo nearly made the expanded playoff but quite literally missed it in the way we did could of certainly left him depressed and angry over the whole situation. He started getting back into preparation stage at the start of the new offseason but likely underestimated how much time he would need to get back to peak performance. Then he ends up injuring himself near the season's start only furthering the issues. As such he's been physically playing catch up the entire season trying to re-find his body's peak like it had last year. 

So I don't see this as much as him being lazy but rather a combination of external and personal issues creating a perfect storm where he just doesn't feel right.

That's just what RFK wants you to think.

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Meanwhile, maybe Samson & VO can take that tandem for a spin

• Thanks (+1) 1

How much more?

Jeff Skinner's monthly goal totals since the second half of his last season in Carolina (the bolded marks his first three seasons in Buffalo:

• Jan. 2018 3
  • Feb. 2018 5
  • Mar. 2018 4
  • Apr. 2018 0
  • Mar. 2019 1

Think a graph might show and interesting trend? He's had one good month out of the past 10, four out of the past 19.

Kyle Okposo has a good history of scoring goals prior to turning 27 and signing a big contract.

EDIT: Also, interesting to note that his second-best month came playing under Ralph (italics)with Sobotka and Johansson on his line.

I was just gonna say (3) 30 goal seasons and (1) 40 goal

How much more?

• Jan. 2018 3
  • Feb. 2018 5
  • Mar. 2018 4
  • Apr. 2018 0
  • Mar. 2019 1

And with those Stats 

Skinner was third on the team for ES Goals behind Jack and Sam and was fourth in total goals scored last season.

Krueger is a Sub .500 Coach, he gets the benefit of the doubt for one scratch, but three games in a row?

Nah, I’m done.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Sitting there and watching the other teams in the playoffs could have been depressing 

17 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Someones gotta send some salary back in that deal.  Like the kings have to send back quick... probably carter... maybe even dustin brown.  

Rangers couldn't fit both with panarin and kreider.  Maybe next year after a lot of buyout money comes off the books - but they don't want or need skinner with the wings they have.  

I would fire Ralph before I considered making a trade. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.