Sabres lead the league in posts hit

inkman

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't buy the unlucky angle. To buy it, you have to believe that a certain percentage of shots are SUPPOSED to go in. Says who? Does not talent play the biggest part of that result? Why is Jack's shooting percentage so low this season? Bad luck?

Give Bubba Watson 10 five-foot putts. The average pro golfer makes 9.5 of them. He makes six. Is he unlucky?

But now dump a bag of potato chips and some leaves on the green and try to make those putts. If I (not a pro golfer) makes 9 out of ten because of some whacky redirections due to a curl in a leaf or an extra crunchy chip, then yes, I would say I was lucky.

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't buy the unlucky angle. To buy it, you have to believe that a certain percentage of shots are SUPPOSED to go in. Says who? Does not talent play the biggest part of that result? Why is Jack's shooting percentage so low this season? Bad luck?

Give Bubba Watson 10 five-foot putts. The average pro golfer makes 9.5 of them. He makes six. Is he unlucky?

image.thumb.png.a0f561f8ecdc9ada72c178003ed7633d.png

Eichel's SH% from the 5 seasons contained within 2016-2020: 10.1, 9.6, 10.2, 9.2, 15.9.

So, last season he was fairly lucky. (Yay!) This season he sits at 4%. Unlucky. (Boo!)

46 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

image.thumb.png.a0f561f8ecdc9ada72c178003ed7633d.png

Eichel's SH% from the 5 seasons contained within 2016-2020: 10.1, 9.6, 10.2, 9.2, 15.9.

So, last season he was fairly lucky. (Yay!) This season he sits at 4%. Unlucky. (Boo!)

He couldn't have been a better shooter last season? Why do people say he had the best year of his career? Sorry, Jack, pull that horseshoe out.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

He couldn't have been a better shooter last season? Why do people say he had the best year of his career? Sorry, Jack, pull that horseshoe out.

Good fortune tends to even out over time. ~16% SH% is/was an outlier for Eichel. Not as much as 4% is.

• Like (+1) 1

Opposing players also have a say in a player's shooting percentage.

Also, the playing environment matters.  For instance, maybe not having people in the stands is throwing off Jack just a hair.  Maybe there is a season ticket holder in an lime green cap, orange coat, purple shirt, and pink tie with whom jack orients himself during the game.

Lastly, is there a way to drill this, like running zone and rush drills with most of the net blocked except a few inches off the iron?

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Opposing players also have a say in a player's shooting percentage.

Also, the playing environment matters.  For instance, maybe not having people in the stands is throwing off Jack just a hair.  Maybe there is a season ticket holder in an lime green cap, orange coat, purple shirt, and pink tie with whom jack orients himself during the game.

Lastly, is there a way to drill this, like running zone and rush drills with most of the net blocked except a few inches off the iron?

I really enjoyed this post - especially that middle part.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.