Habs fire Claude Julien

LGR4GM

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Wow 

Promote Ralph!

Better idea: kick Ralph to the curb and get Claude in here on whatever terms he demands.

Let him be GM too if he's into that sort of thing.  (Not sure that he is, but why not offer it?)

It won't happen.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

The Habs are presently in a playoff spot and Julien has about $7.5M remaining on his contract.

It can be done.

You are comparing chalk and cheese.

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

Better idea: kick Ralph to the curb and get Claude in here on whatever terms he demands.

Let him be GM too if he's into that sort of thing.  (Not sure that he is, but why not offer it?)

It won't happen.

You are comparing chalk and cheese.

Maybe I just wasn't explicit enough--the fact that the Habs are in playoff position was not an impediment to the firing of Julien and neither was the large amount owed to him, was the point. 

For those ready to hire Julien -- here's how he's done in the last 7 years:

2014-15 -- missed playoffs

2015-16 -- missed playoffs

2016-17 -- fired by Boston after 55 games (26-29 record); hired by Habs; lost in 1st round of playoffs

2017-18 -- missed playoffs

2018-19 -- missed playoffs

2019-20 -- made playoffs as last team in expanded 24-team field; won play-in round; lost in 1st round of "real" playoffs

2020-21 -- fired after going 9-9 and losing 5 of last 6 games.

I'd rather someone else.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Radar said:

I'm not sold on RK but I'm also not ready to add another ex Sabre coach to the scrap heap in season. Give it at least this season then if it's like last season we'll talk.

The dilemma is that there are some good candidates available RIGHT NOW.  If we wait, we may not have the same selection available....as other team will be firing their coaches and possibly picking up somebody like Boudreau, Gallant or Claude, etc.

IMHO, Krueger is likely to be fired no later than at the end of the season anyway....so why not pick-up a possible difference maker HC now?  Then again, it is Pegula's team and they are very capable of making more bad decisions.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’m really trying to make a WW2 Germany-France joke here but it’s not coming to me. Can someone lend a hand?

I don't think he's German or French.  He's Canadian and Swiss, from what I know.  I think he did spend some time in Germany, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.