Habs fire Claude Julien

LGR4GM

34 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

somebody tell the sabres this is allowed

22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Habs are presently in a playoff spot and Julien has about $7.5M remaining on his contract.

It can be done.

I hate to bring back this trope but teams with financial woes don’t do those things 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

I hate to bring back this trope but teams with financial woes don’t do those things 

The Sabres don't have financial problems that are any worse than any other team in the league, though.  They had plenty of money to sign Hall.

Edited by Eleven

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

The Pegulas have never had a hockey coach last three seasons under them.  Combine that with the Bills, and McDermott is their only coach who made it to year 3 of his contract.

And times are tight, but you gotta believe that they've got one more in 'em.

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Dang... they were in a little slump but wow! Must be more to the story. 

There is.

The Canadians organization has set the bar high if you want to be a member of that storied organization.

Look at the way they move players, transition coaching. That smacks of "***** or get off the pot". Win or go home.

It seems to work for them, they are highly competitive most seasons.

33 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

There is.

The Canadians organization has set the bar high if you want to be a member of that storied organization.

Look at the way they move players, transition coaching. That smacks of "***** or get off the pot". Win or go home.

It seems to work for them, they are highly competitive most seasons.

I know everyone looks good compared to the Sabres, but in the past 10 years, they've missed the playoffs four times and won three playoff rounds

• Like (+1) 1

You feel like there is something else going on here.  By all accounts I thought the Habs were performing well. Toronto and Edmonton are clearly leading but Montreal seemed to be doing well.

I'd definitely be looking as the Sabres.

7 minutes ago, LTS said:

You feel like there is something else going on here.  By all accounts I thought the Habs were performing well. Toronto and Edmonton are clearly leading but Montreal seemed to be doing well.

I'd definitely be looking as the Sabres.

Yeah, my suspicion is there is something going on here not related to team performance.

26 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yeah, my suspicion is there is something going on here not related to team performance.

It seems odd, given expectations and performance, despite an "easier" Canada division.

As to the Sabres hiring, if he's clean and it's not something related to off-ice, then yes, this is a definite coach upgrade. But -- he'd have to quarantine. So --- could we hire, remove RK and let some sort of interim coach hold over until Julien (and his staff) arrive? Not sure of the logistics switching to a Canadian coach in-season this particular season.

Edited by DarthEbriate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.