Wil Borgen out 6-8 weeks with a Fractured Forearm

Brawndo

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Unfortunately, the single reason I would tune into any more games this season will miss the bulk of the season in the COVID compressed schedule. 

Completely fair.

It's not so much a comment on fans, everyone can watch how they like. But the growing sentiment I'm seeing that the Sabres are hard done by and somehow deserving of a pass (not around here, really) is so bogus. Management needs to reap what they sow, there are no passes here. They aren't ravaged by injuries and bad luck. 

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Dear Chad "don't overreact?"  Really, what are we supposed to think when Eichel, Hall, and Skinner, aka the $27 million men, have shooting % ranging from 0 to 4.5%?  They are being paid to be the core of this team for a playoff run and we are getting nothing from them.  Nothing.  

There's something especially grating about the fact they were among the *biggest* "Risto would be addition by subtraction" boosters, and they now want to write-off a season where we are simply missing that player, and (I'm sorry) an injury prone McCabe.

That's rich. 

Get bent. 

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There's something especially grating about the fact they were among the *biggest* "Risto would be addition by subtraction" boosters, and they now want to write-off a season where we are simply missing that player, and (I'm sorry) an injury prone McCabe.

That's rich. 

Get bent. 

Honestly, he is saying this about the season in general, because of the absolutely bizarre set of situations (Covid, no fans, compressed schedule, crazy unbalanced schedule) and not specifically because of Buffalo’s injuries.

He has been saying since before the season started that he doesn’t think any team in the league should make haste decisions based on this season because every is just so weird.  It’s not about Buffalo or their injuries.

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

Honestly, he is saying this about the season in general, because of the absolutely bizarre set of situations (Covid, no fans, compressed schedule, crazy unbalanced schedule) and not specifically because of Buffalo’s injuries.

He has been saying since before the season started that he doesn’t think any team in the league should make haste decisions based on this season because every is just so weird.  It’s not about Buffalo or their injuries.

I know, I've been keeping up - it's both, though.

I disagree with his view entirely - maybe if the results didn't align so coherently with the past 9 years they'd get some benefit of the doubt - there's zero reason that's acceptable at this stage.

Every team is dealing with the same general issues. We had a few games re-scheduled but last I check still get to play them. We are not more banged up than the average team. 

Adams and Pegula thought we were Cup contenders - they need to stand by the roster and make a move. 

Any decision they make wouldn't be based on this last season exclusively, it would be mandated by the last several. I'm not going to give them a pass - then again, I'm the one that's been saying they can still make a run at it. 

YMMV. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I know, I've been keeping up - it's both, though.

I disagree with his view entirely - maybe if the results didn't align so coherently with the past 9 years they'd get some benefit of the doubt - there's zero reason that's acceptable at this stage.

Every team is dealing with the same general issues. We had a few games re-scheduled but last I check still get to play them. We are not more banged up than the average team. 

Adams and Pegula thought we were Cup contenders - they need to stand by the roster and make a move. 

Any decision they make wouldn't be based on this last season exclusively, it would be mandated by the last several. I'm not going to give them a pass - then again, I'm the one that's been saying they can still make a run at it. 

YMMV. 

Agree.  And I actually don’t think that Chad would advocate for Buffalo to stand pat either.

Did Adams actually say this?  Pegula is Pegula and he thought that adding a “name” to the roster changes everything.  He doesn’t understand how to build a hockey team.  So him saying that was no surprise.  Did Adams echo that though?

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Agree.  And I actually don’t think that Chad would advocate for Buffalo to stand pat either.

Did Adams actually say this?  Pegula is Pegula and he thought that adding a “name” to the roster changes everything.  He doesn’t understand how to build a hockey team.  So him saying that was no surprise.  Did Adams echo that though?

My recollection in the video was that Adams replied in the affirmative. 

But if he's a yes man, it could've just been that. 

Anyone remember 2 years ago when ROR was the only one scoring for the Blues and they were in last place in the Central?  What did they do to right the ship?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/blues/2018/11/19/mike-yeo-fired-head-coach-st-louis-blues/2064025002/

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.